[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Big Ben in trouble

alchico

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

“Ben has never sexually assaulted anyone … The timing of the lawsuit and the absence of a criminal complaint and a criminal investigation are the most compelling evidence of the absence of any criminal conduct. If an investigation is commenced, Ben will cooperate fully and Ben will be fully exonerated,” David Cornwell, Roethlisberger’s lawyer, said in a statement released early Tuesday.

Smells suspisciously like the complaintant might be out for some ill-gotten money...

I also notice that his lawyer states emphatically that Roethlisberger never sexually assaulted anyone - conspicuously leaving out "or anything". You think Big Ben pals around with Spain?

:wacko:

I sincerely hope that 'it ain't so"

Roethlisberger comes off as a bit of a doooooosh, but, I don't think he would do this....however, who the hell knows anymore.

Edited by Menudo

First degree rape?!?!? Holy crap, that's quite an allegation - especially with no criminal complaint to back any of it up. If she didn't preserve any physical evidence, she's going to end up regretting her decision to pursue this - even if it did happen. This is something where I would imagine Ben would come out with a top legal team firing point blank early & often at her. She's going to need her own version of a "blue dress".

First degree rape?!?!? Holy crap, that's quite an allegation - especially with no criminal complaint to back any of it up. If she didn't preserve any physical evidence, she's going to end up regretting her decision to pursue this - even if it did happen. This is something where I would imagine Ben would come out with a top legal team firing point blank early & often at her. She's going to need her own version of a "blue dress".

+1

But a really ugly scenario for Ben regardless of his guilt or innocence. He's already shown some questionable judgment in the past, so now we throw this on the pile. His reputation takes a permanent hit unless this woman outright admits she completely made it up.

And he can't settle it because that equals an admission of wrongdoing to the public, so unless she drops it, this thing looms for a long time, all the lurid details being reported during the trial. Ugly, ugly ugly.

"Tonight on NFL Network, 32 teams in 32 days, you the fans voted and we've made it to #1........."

I sincerely hope that 'it ain't so"

Roethlisberger comes off as a bit of a doooooosh, but, I don't think he would do this....however, who the hell knows anymore.

This doesn't look like date rape.

Filing a law suit without a criminal complaint may result in pay out. That may not mean he didn't do it. but I doubt it goes to court.

If she did make it up I hope they bust her for it.

More on this. If she did rack up 380,000 in medical bills maybe there is some evidence.

Edited by Randall

That would be nice, but don't hold your breath. More than a few gold-digging ho's out there ready and willing play this game, it's like playing the lotto (what the hell nothing to lose, plenty go gain) - what's really is annoying is that because of it, if some POS really does do this crime, it gets more skepticism, even "ire," than it should because of the sluts crying wolf and generally playing games.

Basically:

If it's proven true, kick the POS out of the league forever and lock him up for a good long time.

If it's proven a hoax, lock up the whore.

If it's not conclusive either way, we'll still an innocent-until-proven-guilty country so just move on.

The fact that there is no criminal complaint and that this took over a year to me indicates one of two things:

1) It's a gold-digger looking for money and there's nothing to it, or

2) They have some pretty good evidence and have taken this long to put their case together.

I do doubt it's #2 though, because if the evidence was pretty good I'd think there'd be enough for a criminal complaint. :wacko:

The fact that there is no criminal complaint and that this took over a year to me indicates one of two things:

1) It's a gold-digger looking for money and there's nothing to it, or

2) They have some pretty good evidence and have taken this long to put their case together.

I do doubt it's #2 though, because if the evidence was pretty good I'd think there'd be enough for a criminal complaint. :wacko:

Well here is the problem in a nutshell:

The woman assumed hotel security would investigate and notify the hotel's executives, the complaint said. She did not go to the police because she "was afraid of the consequences of reporting it to police authorities since it was obvious to her that Harrah's and its personnel, particularly Hyder and Koster, would side with and support Roethlisberger, the celebrity friend of Koster," according to the complaint.

There is a huge disconnect in those two sentences. On the one hand she trusted hotel security to do a rigorous investigation, but on the other she believed the top brass would only side with Ben and cover it up? Any defense lawyer is going to have a field day tearing that to shreds.

It would not surprise me a bit if the charges are true, but I don't think this woman has a chance in court. A lot of what she says sounds credible, but if I'm on a jury, I have a problem with any crime victim who does not immediately go to the police, period. I also don't think a lawsuit involving a serious crime should even be allowed if there was never a criminal complaint. I want all the investigative resources of the police and the DA to determine if there is a case worth pursuing before it ever gets to a civil case. It is way too easy to ruin a public figure's reputation simply by suing.