[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

State of America's Team

DMD

Dallas Cowboys  

48 members have voted

1. 1. Will Tony Romo fall this year?

• Nope, even without Owens he'll remain elite
    • Will drop some but still be worth a QB1
    • Will drop from top 12
  2. 2. Can Roy Williams be the next Terrell Owens?

• Definite WR1 value this year
    • Better, but nothing more than a WR2
    • I am sure someone else will always take him before me

State of the Cowboys

The Cowboys intend on a return to the big rushing ways of the past even without Emmitt Smith or quite the O-line that existed back in the 90's. Doesn't that make Marion Barber even more valuable? Then why is he dropping so much in drafts? Is Felix Jones scaring everyone?

Even bigger question - will Dallas win a game in January before the new stadium is razed to make way for yet another new one?

I like poll question #1, choice #1, regarding Romo:

"Will he fall without Owens, or remain elite?"

Remain elite? what do you mean remain? No one outside texas thinks this stiff is "elite". By definition, elite means "the most gifted member of a group"...you're joking, right???

5-10 in 15 December games, and 0-fer lifetime in the playoffs, does not categorize you as elite.

Perhaps from a fantasy perspective he is top-10, but in NFL terms, as I have said many times, he is not a top-10 QB.

Remain elite? what do you mean remain? No one outside texas thinks this stiff is "elite". By definition, elite means "the most gifted member of a group"...you're joking, right???

5-10 in 15 December games, and 0-fer lifetime in the playoffs, does not categorize you as elite.

Perhaps from a fantasy perspective he is top-10, but in NFL terms, as I have said many times, he is not a top-10 QB.

He was the #3 QB drafted last year according to ADP so that's good enough to call him considered elite last year.

9-7, miss the playoffs again. Romo will be top 10 in stats for the year but he's still a choke artist come crunch time until he proves otherwise. Roy is going to miss having T.O. attract all the attention, both from DBs and the Dallas media. He'll make huge plays, then disappear for entire games too. I think his numbers will be solidly in the top 15 for WRs but very feast or famine.

Romo and Williams would be excellent late November trade bait. :wacko:

He was the #3 QB drafted last year according to ADP so that's good enough to call him considered elite last year.

I don't think where a guy was historically drafted is relevant....to "remain" somewhere means you had to have been there at last check. .

Where did he finish his most recent year? thats a more appropriate comparison.

I don't think where a guy was historically drafted is relevant....to "remain" somewhere means you had to have been there at last check. .

Where did he finish his most recent year? thats a more appropriate comparison.

He was still #5 in points per game - better than Manning or Rivers.

Romo is going to be a QB1, just a lowend one at that. I see the offense going run heavy this year.

And Roy Williams is spare. Only once in his career has he gone for over 850 yards, and has never had more than 8 TD's. He's played a full 16 game season once, and seems to be getting worse skill wise. He looks lost on the field.

I think Romo will settle in right behind Breeze and Brady. I see him, Manning and Palmer putting up similar numbers.

Roy's no Fitz - but I cannot think of many number 1 recievers I'd take before him. I think he'll be just on the cusp of the top 10.

Edited by Duchess Jack

Dallas is a disaster in the making. No Owens, a solid but unspectacular O-line and lots of questions surrounding the WRs. Oh yeah, they still have the Player's Coach running the show. I wouldn't touch these guys at their current ADP.

I think Romo will settle in right behind Breeze and Brady. I see him, Manning and Palmer putting up similar numbers.

Roy's no Fitz - but I cannot think of many number 1 recievers I'd take before him. I think he'll be just on the cusp of the top 10.

:wacko: Trying to move him in a trade aren't ya

He's reliable as Virginia weather and didn't make my top 20 of WRs.

Edited by BeeR

It sucks being in the toughest division in the NFC.

The defense is probably going to be outstanding with Ellis and his bull$hit gone. It'll be nice to see who matures among Scandrick, Ball and Jenkins. If Bradie James isn't a household name now, he probably will be this time next year. The defense shouldn't be a problem.

I think Felix Jones will be the key on offense and I'd imagine he catches more than 2 passes this coming season. Roy Williams may not be as good as we had hoped but he can't possibly be as bad as what we saw, either. Witten's stats will improve to offset TO who would probably have been less productive than last year anyways. Maybe Crayton or Austin decide they are legit options. The offense is clearly 1 WR away from being elite but should still be plenty productive. Jason Garrett might even show something.

I can see them going 10-6, not winning the division and missing the playoffs but that'd be disappointing to me.

The Wade Phillips Head Coach Trend:

1995: 10-6

1996: 10-6

1996: 6-10

2002: 9-6-1

2003: 5-11

2007: 13-3

2008: 9-7

2009: ??????

Phillips has got a knack for taking over decent teams and making them worse. I'd bet money on this season being his swan song. I think the only question is if makes it through the season.

If I am wrong then disregard this post but arent these threads viewed from a fantasy aspect ? If so Romo's inability to win big games doesnt negate the fact that he is an elite fantasy QB.

If I am wrong then disregard this post but arent these threads viewed from a fantasy aspect ? If so Romo's inability to win big games doesnt negate the fact that he is an elite fantasy QB.

True, but, it is very fun to write it and equally as fun to read it.

Tony Romo is a choke artist.

The Cowboys haven't won a playoff game in over a decade.

:wacko:

It never gets old.

Then from a fantasy perspective Dallas isn't americas team either.

New Orleans probably is. Who was the highest scoring NFL team last year? Did anyone beat the Saints?