[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

State of the Chiefs

DMD

State of the Chiefs  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Matt Cassel - real or memorex?

• Real Deal - last year was just the start of a fine career
    • Uhhh... he was a career backup for a reason. Last year was a product of system and Moss/Welker
    • He'll stumble along for a few seasons until the next new coach gives up on him
  2. 2. Larry Johnson - is it really over so fast?

• Yes, he's done unless KC gets an actual O-line
    • No, LJ will be a big surprise this year

State of the Chiefs

Can the Chiefs be as bad as they look on paper? Cassel was a backup in college and in NE until his five years in the system let him replace Tom Brady with decent results last year - was that him or just the system talking?

Two years running and the Chiefs have had one of the worst rushing games in the league. Before that - one of the very best, Can Larry Johnson turn the corner and get back to big games?

Haley has said he likes what he sees with Larry Johnson in that way all new coaches have to say something good about what they inherited.

From a fantasy perspective this team will not be good. I won't be drafting any of the Chiefs players.

From a homer perspective, the o-line may be better than people think. And it's going to take time. At best I see this team at 5-11 this year, maybe 6-10 because of the weak division. The Chiefs schedule is pretty brutal outside of the division, so I'm not expecting much.

We WILL see a regression of Cassell for this year. O-line is not as good as New Englands, and the weapons aren't there yet.

Next coach will give up on Cassel.

LJ is done w/o a resurgent OL. Like CD said, the OL is better than people think. If LJ is healthy, a "top 10" RB season is definately not out of the question ... however, I see JCharles eating into his 3rd down action.