[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

NFL Draft

I guess I'm the only one on here that loves it. I like having something to watch on a Thursday. Spreading it out over three days gives me time to watch. And since I won't be leaving the house other than work, I'll be watching every day.

Its a tradition in my local sports bar to gather for morning breakfast and watch the draft at the bar. That tradition is gone. Who the hell wants to watch day 3 on a Saturday morning. BORRRRRRRING!!!

Its a tradition in my local sports bar to gather for morning breakfast and watch the draft at the bar. That tradition is gone. Who the hell wants to watch day 3 on a Saturday morning. BORRRRRRRING!!!

The first pick in the draft wasn't until what... 3pm central last year? That's way too late to start it up. I like being able to have my Saturday night open.

To each their own etc but really don't get how people could spend most of a Saturday (or more) watching this, esp when it takes forever between picks. I tried a time or 3 and always end up running around doing other stuff and just checking back every once in awhile, it's SO freaking slow. If it was like 2 mins max per pick I could hang (yeah I understand why they allow more time just hate it). And really after about the 2d/3d round it starts getting into guys I mostly don't know much about anyway......so just seeing a few of the top picks on Thurs night works for me.

In fact, I would suggest making it a week-long thing starting say Sun or Mon evening and doing a round or 2 per day.

Edited by BeeR

To each their own etc but really don't get how people could spend most of a Saturday (or more) watching this, esp when it takes forever between picks. I tried a time or 3 and always end up running around doing other stuff and just checking back every once in awhile, it's SO freaking slow. If it was like 2 mins max per pick I could hang (yeah I understand why they allow more time just hate it). And really after about the 2d/3d round it starts getting into guys I mostly don't know much about anyway......so just seeing a few of the top picks on Thurs night works for me.

In fact, I would suggest making it a week-long thing starting say Sun or Mon evening and doing a round or 2 per day.

At my bar there is about 30 of us (give or take) with representatives from almost every team. Alot of us play FF as well so it's a great atmosphere.

ETA: Or is WAS a great atmosphere. :wacko:

Edited by tazinib1

I guess I'm the only one on here that loves it. I like having something to watch on a Thursday. Spreading it out over three days gives me time to watch. And since I won't be leaving the house other than work, I'll be watching every day.

Nope. I like it also. I religiously use a vacation day that Saturday for the draft. Now I won't have to do this.

It's called DVR...let the draft get 2hours ahea and speed through commercials and boring stuff.

Case of trying to fix something the ain't broke imo.

+1

Stated perfectly. I hate the change. We always got together to watch the 1st couple rounds over many beers. I'm afraid that tradition is now gone. :wacko:

+1

Stated perfectly. I hate the change. We always got together to watch the 1st couple rounds over many beers. I'm afraid that tradition is now gone. :D

:wacko:

At 5 minutes per pick, you are talking 2.5-3 hours for the first round alone.

Seems like plenty of time for more than several beers on an otherwise boring Thursday night?:D

I like the change....the 1st round or two is really all I am interesting in seeing EVERY pick live, and I'd rather have my Saturday back.

It's called DVR...let the draft get 2hours ahea and speed through commercials and boring stuff.

? Wouldn't it be a helluva lot easier to just bring up a web site and look through the pics - well again to each their own.

Wait - you don't actually LIKE listening to those morons analyze it all do you :wacko:

:D

They aren't after all of you guys as viewers. You're going to watch regardless, except for a small number of conflicts.

The NFL has developed the draft into an immensely watchable event, and they're carrying it into weekday prime time to: 1) Increase interest even more among casual viewers, and 2) to enhance the advertising revenue.

Anyone who forgets that almost every decision by the NFL is revenue/public image driven is making a hugh mistake.

Personally I don't like it, but I'll sure as hell watch - and I understand their motives fully.

I like it. GIves us something other than "Ugly Betty" to watch on Thursday night; lets us enjoy the draft three times in more manageable pieces; adds another night of trade talks during the draft; clears saturday night for other fun; lets us devote Sunday to obsessing over how it all unfolded. Sounds good to me. Sure, some will have to be a wee bit more sober during round 1 so they can go to work friday -- if that's your worry, call in sick friday and make a long weekend of it all ...