[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Eagles have a new defensive coordinator

matt770

Johnsons health is the most important thing here and I wish him well in his battle. IMO he is one of the best coaches in Football.

Football speaking this is a blow to the Eagles big time IMO. Losing a coach of that calibur is not easy to take

Johnsons health is the most important thing here and I wish him well in his battle. IMO he is one of the best coaches in Football.

Football speaking this is a blow to the Eagles big time IMO. Losing a coach of that calibur is not easy to take

plus 1

Some interesting parallels, Giants lost Spagnuolo to the Rams, himself a Johnson disciple, replaced by a guy from inside. Spags obviously took most of what he learned from Johnson and applied it in NY, so the defenses are extremely similar. Will be interesting to see how the two units fare this season.

Some interesting parallels, Giants lost Spagnuolo to the Rams, himself a Johnson disciple, replaced by a guy from inside. Spags obviously took most of what he learned from Johnson and applied it in NY, so the defenses are extremely similar. Will be interesting to see how the two units fare this season.

The good news for Eagles fans was how well Spags did with the Giants. It proved that someone who was groomed under Johnson could step into a good situation and do a phenomenal job. The Eagles fully expect McDermott to perform as well with the full-time reigns as Spagnola did.

My heart goes out to JJ, though....the article notes how much coaching kept him going through the rought times. This realization that he can't do it anymore must be tough on him. Here's hoping he gets better, and soon.

The good news for Eagles fans was how well Spags did with the Giants. It proved that someone who was groomed under Johnson could step into a good situation and do a phenomenal job. The Eagles fully expect McDermott to perform as well with the full-time reigns as Spagnola did.

My heart goes out to JJ, though....the article notes how much coaching kept him going through the rought times. This realization that he can't do it anymore must be tough on him. Here's hoping he gets better, and soon.

+1

Good luck JJ.

All the best to JJ and his family -- here's hoping his protege does him proud in his spot.

Not that it amounts to a hill of beans if the talent isn't there, but the many on the defense have stepped up and said they are playing this year for JJ. Samuel, Mikell, Cole & Bradley all iterated this notion when interviewed today.

if nothing else , perhaps these four (and others) will use the cause to help bridge the leadership gap that many critics worried would exist with the loss of Dawkins. It could be the the thing this potentially leaderless defense rallies around.

:wacko: just four days later

Not that it amounts to a hill of beans if the talent isn't there, but the many on the defense have stepped up and said they are playing this year for JJ. Samuel, Mikell, Cole & Bradley all iterated this notion when interviewed today.

if nothing else , perhaps these four (and others) will use the cause to help bridge the leadership gap that many critics worried would exist with the loss of Dawkins. It could be the the thing this potentially leaderless defense rallies around.

what a wonderful tribute to a great man would a posthumous SB ring be.

:wacko: just four days later

what a wonderful tribute to a great man would a posthumous SB ring be.

:D Probably deserves its own thread.... perhaps I just missed it. Solid DC and from everything I ever heard/read, a solid guy.