[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Brett Favre what say ye?

tazinib1

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Favre will be a Viking, he's just waiting as long as possible to get as ready as he can before he is asked to lead a team. His body isn't ready yet. He wants his teammates to know for sure that he'll be perfectly healthy before he asks them to follow him. Whatever your thoughts are about his ego, it still instantly makes Minnesota the favorite in the NFC the second he signs. Heck, he almost took possibly the least talented team in the whole NFL to the playoffs last year, while the team he left crashed and burned in his absence. That tells me quite a bit.

I don't see it as Brett's fault that the media doesn't leave him alone and let him do his thing. Brett doesn't appear to be helping, but he can't be held responsible for the countless hours the radio stations and the four-letter give to him. Hasn't he earned the right to take the time to ensure he makes the right decision? I mean, camp hasn't even started yet. He obviously wants to go play in Minnesota, but he isn't ready yet. I don't see what good rushing him can do for anybody at this point.

If a guy can play at a decent level, let him. He's still better than 15-20 other NFL QB's.

As for the GB situation, check the timeline. Brett did not start wavering on his play/not play until Thompson came to GB. There is a lot more behind the scenes that no one knows about. I was at a sport show and discussed the situation with the owner of a sports card shop based in the Madison, WI area. They still have their Favre GB stuff on display and keep selling it. The owner knows many of the Packers personally (Winters, Rivera, and Chewie) and has shows in GB.

Last Summer, McCarthy and Favre had it set up for him to compete with ARodg. It was ARodg's job to lose, but if Brett beat him out he'd start. TT came into the meeting and told Brett, "Get it through your F---ing head you're done in GB.". I heard this same story on ESPN Radio from Chmura's show and the sports card owner was told it by Winters at a signing they had. He and Rivera also said that TT has done a lot more behind the scenes that no one knows about.

Both Favre and TT have been wrong in how it was handled. It is kinda funny that Brett didn't start the waver thing until TT came about. Also, why would they offer him $20M to go away. If he had the "ego" that everyone is whining about, then he'd have taken it.

If he can play, let him. Quit bitching about it. No one is telling you to quit your job and walk away.

Either way, I hope TT falls flat. Unfortunately, GB will suffer through it. If Brett goes to Vikings, I'll buy a jersey. I will also enjoy seeing his team beat the Pack both games (The only two games I'll actually cheer for the Pack to lose.)

Edited by Ed Hoyle

I have a tic tock joke-

A german officer is trying to get teach a bunch of American prisoners discipline.

He orders them to repeat after him...

tic

tock

tic

tock...

One smart ass is saying...

tic

tic

tic

The officer gets in his face and says, "Vee have vays of making you tock"

I don't really care what Farve does.

If a guy can play at a decent level, let him. He's still better than 15-20 other NFL QB's.

As for the GB situation, check the timeline. Brett did not start wavering on his play/not play until Thompson came to GB. There is a lot more behind the scenes that no one knows about. I was at a sport show and discussed the situation with the owner of a sports card shop based in the Madison, WI area. They still have their Favre GB stuff on display and keep selling it. The owner knows many of the Packers personally (Winters, Rivera, and Chewie) and has shows in GB.

Last Summer, McCarthy and Favre had it set up for him to compete with ARodg. It was ARodg's job to lose, but if Brett beat him out he'd start. TT came into the meeting and told Brett, "Get it through your F---ing head you're done in GB.". I heard this same story on ESPN Radio from Chmura's show and the sports card owner was told it by Winters at a signing they had. He and Rivera also said that TT has done a lot more behind the scenes that no one knows about.

Both Favre and TT have been wrong in how it was handled. It is kinda funny that Brett didn't start the waver thing until TT came about. Also, why would they offer him $20M to go away. If he had the "ego" that everyone is whining about, then he'd have taken it.

If he can play, let him. Quit bitching about it. No one is telling you to quit your job and walk away.

Either way, I hope TT falls flat. Unfortunately, GB will suffer through it. If Brett goes to Vikings, I'll buy a jersey. I will also enjoy seeing his team beat the Pack both games (The only two games I'll actually cheer for the Pack to lose.)

:wacko:

Also, why would they offer him $20M to go away. If he had the "ego" that everyone is whining about, then he'd have taken it.

uh...see, i read that the exact opposite. His ego is so big, he turned down $20 million just so he can show TT he was wrong. :wacko:

Do you have a link to these things? Last year there were many rumors but nothing was confirmed.

I see a lot of speculation here, do you have anything to back it up? Radio shows from former players? Sports card owner heard something from an ex player that wasn't even on the team?

I have said numerous times if he wants to play play, just make up your fricken mind and spare us this eternal soap opera.

As for the $20 million you are wrong there too. The money was a PR contract for 10 years. He was to travel around representing the team. It's much like the things they do sending players around the state now, pep rallies talking to fans.

Brett just decide for all our sakes.

Up or down vote---yes or no!

Edited by Randall

I agree. I don't think that money is a factor in any decisons that he makes.

No. He has said his issues with TT was because he let his 2 guards leave, didn't sign Mooch as HC and didn't get Randy Moss.

As for Moss fans were very much against it and TT probably didn't want a revolt.

Mooch over McCarthy? McCarthy has been pretty good.

Maybe Childress was Favre's second choice? :wacko:

These are the fans that I can't stand and in my opinion are a joke. You are not a Packer fan you are a Favre fan - Hoping Thompson falls on his face and you hope the Vikings beat the Packers proves it. Thompson has been good for the Packers and Favre not being a Packer last year has been good for the Packers.

I hope Thompson has a long succesful career as GM and I hope the Vikings never beat the Packers.

Signed,

A Packer Fan (not a Favre nut hugger)

These are the fans that I can't stand and in my opinion are a joke. You are not a Packer fan you are a Favre fan - Hoping Thompson falls on his face and you hope the Vikings beat the Packers proves it. Thompson has been good for the Packers and Favre not being a Packer last year has been good for the Packers.

I hope Thompson has a long succesful career as GM and I hope the Vikings never beat the Packers.

Signed,

A Packer Fan (not a Favre nut hugger)

That is why it is great to be in the USA. I can have an opinion. So go to hell. It would be great to see TT fail. McCarthy is average at best. Check the stats on how well his previous teams did when he was a coordinator.

As for the Chewie interview, I'll post link when I find it.

I don't think this concept will be understood by some as evidenced here :wacko:http://forums.thehuddle.com/index.php?showtopic=243489

That is why it is great to be in the USA. I can have an opinion. So go to hell. It would be great to see TT fail. McCarthy is average at best. Check the stats on how well his previous teams did when he was a coordinator.

Or you can look at how his offenses in Green Bay have done the last three years.

Or you can look at how his offenses in Green Bay have done the last three years.

I stand corrected, the only gaf was McC's year with the 49er's.

It was TT's call to bring McC in, but I think Mooch would have been a better fit. But, then again, that would have catered to Brett. TT has made it quite known that it is his team.

As for the transcript of Chewie's radio show with reference to Winters, I can't find it. I'll keep looking.

I just wish people would quit bashing Favre for wanting to play. If he can still play and wants to, he should. ARodg had a great year last year statistically. That is awesome. But, he still needs to do it over a few years to be pushed into "elite" status. Don't forget he was dinged up a bit during his first two years with the club during the pre-season. That could happen.

Either way, people need to get on with their lives. If Favre wants to play let him. I'd still like to see the Pack lose to him 2 times just to spite TT. That is just my opinion. If you don't like it, bummer.

We'll see how this all pans out. ARodg could break all of his stats should he stay healthy...but that is a big "IF". The one that matters is SuperBowls, Record, and how many consecutive games he can start. That is the record that will matter. Time will tell......

Assistant coach

In 1993, McCarthy began a six-year stint with the NFL's Kansas City Chiefs; after working two years as an offensive quality control assistant, McCarthy became quarterbacks coach, overseeing the work of Rich Gannon, Elvis Grbac, and Steve Bono. McCarthy spent the 1999 season in the same position with the Packers, coaching Brett Favre in a season when Favre threw for 4,091 yards, the third-best total of his career.

After the Packers released the entire coaching staff following the 1999 season, McCarthy became the offensive coordinator of the New Orleans Saints. He would remain in that position for five seasons and was selected as NFC Assistant Coach of the Year by USA Today in 2000.

In 2005, McCarthy served as offensive coordinator for the San Francisco 49ers. His unit, beset by injuries and led by rookie quarterback (top draft pick Alex Smith), finished the season ranked last in the NFL in points scored and yards gained.

[edit]

It was TT's call to bring McC in, but I think Mooch would have been a better fit. But, then again, that would have catered to Brett. TT has made it quite known that it is his team.

As for the transcript of Chewie's radio show with reference to Winters, I can't find it. I'll keep looking.

I just wish people would quit bashing Favre for wanting to play. If he can still play and wants to, he should. ARodg had a great year last year statistically. That is awesome. But, he still needs to do it over a few years to be pushed into "elite" status. Don't forget he was dinged up a bit during his first two years with the club during the pre-season. That could happen.

Either way, people need to get on with their lives. If Favre wants to play let him. I'd still like to see the Pack lose to him 2 times just to spite TT. That is just my opinion. If you don't like it, bummer.

We'll see how this all pans out. ARodg could break all of his stats should he stay healthy...but that is a big "IF". The one that matters is SuperBowls, Record, and how many consecutive games he can start. That is the record that will matter. Time will tell......

Assistant coach

In 1993, McCarthy began a six-year stint with the NFL's Kansas City Chiefs; after working two years as an offensive quality control assistant, McCarthy became quarterbacks coach, overseeing the work of Rich Gannon, Elvis Grbac, and Steve Bono. McCarthy spent the 1999 season in the same position with the Packers, coaching Brett Favre in a season when Favre threw for 4,091 yards, the third-best total of his career.

After the Packers released the entire coaching staff following the 1999 season, McCarthy became the offensive coordinator of the New Orleans Saints. He would remain in that position for five seasons and was selected as NFC Assistant Coach of the Year by USA Today in 2000.

In 2005, McCarthy served as offensive coordinator for the San Francisco 49ers. His unit, beset by injuries and led by rookie quarterback (top draft pick Alex Smith), finished the season ranked last in the NFL in points scored and yards gained.

[edit]

I think your missing the point. Its not that the majority of us here or anywhere else don't think Favre should play. Thats not the issue here. The issue, is his constant need for media attention. You cannot disregard the fact that he has held 3 teams hostage for 3 years in a row. Thats the issue. We are sick of the constant media attention on whether or not he's gonna play.

And as just reported on NFLN, Favre has made his decision. But has he let it be known? No...he wants to squeeze as much out of it that he can. It wouldn't surprise me if he trumps the Vick story and announces something tonight.

I think your missing the point. Its not that the majority of us here or anywhere else don't think Favre should play. Thats not the issue here. The issue, is his constant need for media attention. You cannot disregard the fact that he has held 3 teams hostage for 3 years in a row. Thats the issue. We are sick of the constant media attention on whether or not he's gonna play.

And as just reported on NFLN, Favre has made his decision. But has he let it be known? No...he wants to squeeze as much out of it that he can. It wouldn't surprise me if he trumps the Vick story and announces something tonight.

I get that. But, how does everyone think Favre is holding teams hostage? Maybe he's staying mum and people close to him are leaking stuff. We'll never know. I get sick of it too, but how much is it just the media putting it out there?

He didn't start wavering in GB until TT pushed. They were both wrong. I still think TT is a prick. JMHO. Brett didn't waver until TT started the pissing contest since he felt threatened by Favre.

There are Jets players that were really behind Brett and those who were not.

The Vikings. Well, has Childress actually come out on camera and said anything, has Favre?

It is all media leakage. Do I think Brett has an ego? Heck yes. What Professional Athlete doesn't have some sort of ego trip at one time or another? If they can back it up, then they can. ARodg made the comment of him being smarter than "Peyton Manning or Drew Brees" since he had a higher Wunderlic score. That came totally across as being arrogant. If I can find that quote, I'll post it. Either way, almost every athlete has an ego.

Let's all just play the waiting game and see. But, my opinion is that it is less of Brett holding people hostage, and more of the media making it an issue. I'd much rather see the media cover the Major League Baseball breaking news of McGuire, Sosa, and Bonds admitting that they took roids and will show the test results. But...that will never happen.

Nailed it. For the life of me I can't understand how anyone could see it differently?

The sad thing is, In his effort to stay in the spotlight of the sports fans and the media he is alienating many of them at the same time? Grow up Brett ..... you're tarnishing your image and your legacy.

In Green Bay he wouldn't tell them if he'd be there until July. It affected the draft and FA.

Now he is holding the Vikings up because he hasn't practiced with any of their players. He could have asked them to come down instead of high school kids, why didn't he?

This late in the game I think it is an issue because they can't work on the offense if they don't know who's there.

In Green Bay he wouldn't tell them if he'd be there until July. It affected the draft and FA.

Now he is holding the Vikings up because he hasn't practiced with any of their players. He could have asked them to come down instead of high school kids, why didn't he?

This late in the game I think it is an issue because they can't work on the offense if they don't know who's there.

They should work on their offense with who they have. If Favre announces, then he can come aboard. If they wait for him, they are just as much at fault. Favre is better than the two they have on board.

The only thing is....has Childress said anything in public about Favre's arrival? Has Favre??

The media is stirring this up. It doesn't sound like the Vikes are too worried about it.

As for Favre in GB, he was wrong to wait until Juiy. That was selfish, but all the TT "Lovers" miss the point that Brett bled Green and Gold until TT got there. Then it was a pissing contest and the Packer Stockholders didn't have the balls enough to send TT a strong message....keep Brett for a year or two. If he faulters then bench him. Don't shove him out the door for his QB.

TT has made it well-known that his team was not going to involve Favre or anyone not drafted by him. That's why McC == the handpuppet was brought in. Mooch would have run the show and he didn't like that thought, or that Brett was the "organization".

Both guys were wrong and Brett could have retired a Packer if he'd been treated right. Not catered to, but given a chance. He blew that, by being just as selfish.

Bottom line....TT can go to ....Favre...come back with Vikes to win 2x vs. GB...then retire...for good.

So what Mooch did in Detroit led you to believe that hiring him would help the franchise how?

Mooch would have been at best, a retread. At worst, Ted Thompson and MM have done a decent job. I personally think they've done great, but this year will be the true test.

Remember what the roster looked like when Ted took over after Sherman. You can't argue that he hasn't improved it. He also took a 4 win team, and with Mike McCarthy won 8, then 13. Last year was ruined with injuries, a collapsed defense, and a young team still sorting things out. This year the team knows what it is, and what it can be. To say Ted Thompson or Mike McCarthy sucks is just stupid, and you're either a Favre homer or a fan of a rival team.

It doesn't matter what anyone says to you, because you've already made your mind up. But will you be willing to admit your mistake at the end of the year if Green Bay goes out and takes the division?