[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Brett Favre what say ye?

tazinib1

He also took a 4 win team, and with Mike McCarthy won 8, then 13. Last year was ruined with injuries, a collapsed defense, and a young team still sorting things out. This year the team knows what it is, and what it can be.

Not baiting here...

I'd be curious to know how much younger last years team was than the 13 win team from the year before. Other than at QB of course.

Should'nt the 13 win season have shown the team "what it could be"?

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As for Favre in GB, he was wrong to wait until Juiy. That was selfish, but all the TT "Lovers" miss the point that Brett bled Green and Gold until TT got there. Then it was a pissing contest and the Packer Stockholders didn't have the balls enough to send TT a strong message....keep Brett for a year or two. If he faulters then bench him. Don't shove him out the door for his QB.

TT has made it well-known that his team was not going to involve Favre or anyone not drafted by him. That's why McC == the handpuppet was brought in. Mooch would have run the show and he didn't like that thought, or that Brett was the "organization".

Both guys were wrong and Brett could have retired a Packer if he'd been treated right. Not catered to, but given a chance. He blew that, by being just as selfish.

Bottom line....TT can go to ....Favre...come back with Vikes to win 2x vs. GB...then retire...for good.

I'm a "TT lover" because he's revamped this team, and took them from a 4 win team with horrid drafts to a team that has spent wisely, drafted very well and was one errant Favre INT away from going to the SB. Favre wasn't shoved out the door. He had plenty of time, and retired. At that point the focus was on the future. The packers invested in the position at the draft that year and it was already too late to stop the Aaron Rodgers experiment.

After the initial retirement Ted Thompson and Mike McCarthy had a plane chartered to Missippi to pick Favre up and discuss things, as he was getting the itch to play. Favre then backed off of that and told them that he was going to stay retired after all. You bring up Mooch, who all in all is a very average at best coach who was lost and confused in Detroit. Why reward a guy who fell flat on his face?

They gave Favre plenty of time, but Favre didn't want to retire a packer. It's not the Green Bay Favre's, as you seem to think. They're the Green Bay Packers.

Also realize, if you root for the Vikings, there is no coming back.

One important thing, make sure you tape your ankles and stick the landing. Jumping bandwagons can be dangerous.

They should work on their offense with who they have. If Favre announces, then he can come aboard. If they wait for him, they are just as much at fault. Favre is better than the two they have on board.

The only thing is....has Childress said anything in public about Favre's arrival? Has Favre??

The media is stirring this up. It doesn't sound like the Vikes are too worried about it.

As for Favre in GB, he was wrong to wait until Juiy. That was selfish, but all the TT "Lovers" miss the point that Brett bled Green and Gold until TT got there. Then it was a pissing contest and the Packer Stockholders didn't have the balls enough to send TT a strong message....keep Brett for a year or two. If he faulters then bench him. Don't shove him out the door for his QB.

TT has made it well-known that his team was not going to involve Favre or anyone not drafted by him. That's why McC == the handpuppet was brought in. Mooch would have run the show and he didn't like that thought, or that Brett was the "organization".

Both guys were wrong and Brett could have retired a Packer if he'd been treated right. Not catered to, but given a chance. He blew that, by being just as selfish.

Bottom line....TT can go to ....Favre...come back with Vikes to win 2x vs. GB...then retire...for good.

Yes that's what they have to do. Before TC they could have arranged to have him throw to their WR's, but now they have to get ready and if he's there it's a plus.

He bled green and gold? I'm not so sure, it could just be his loyalties(to himself over all) weren't revealed. I don't know this to be the case, I'm just saying we don't know.

Under Sherman he was pretty much in charge, under TT his demands weren't met.

As for the shareholders most fans are Packer fans first and Favre fans second. Many have been fans since they were kids. Many wanted him to return but understood a 39 year old isn't going to play that long.

TT did what he thought was best for the team and city(you can agree or disagree but that was what he tried). Did Favre do the same? Did he ever address what was best for the team long term?

The day before training camp starts is probably not the best time to be eager about playing. I hope he changes his mind in September and Childress tells him to get lost.

Childress should have told him to get lost a week ago. At least. Do that and put your faith in the guys you have in camp. Good luck trying to get Tarvaris and Sage to think you believe in them now Coach...

Not baiting here...

I'd be curious to know how much younger last years team was than the 13 win team from the year before. Other than at QB of course.

Should'nt the 13 win season have shown the team "what it could be"?

Oh, the youth wasn't the biggest problem last year. The defensive collapse was the biggest problem, as were injuries. Having Clifton and Taucher, injured and forcing young players into action on the line didn't help.

And as much as Favre sickens me, he did have a calming effect on the team and gave the younger guys swagger. I'm not sure many knew what to expect from Rodgers, or how to handle what they went through as far as the media circus. They went through a huge maturation last year.

And I also think in 07 the Packers over achieved. I don't think they were as good as that record indicated, nor do I think they were as bad as last years record indicated.

From the Strib...

Can we really believe this?

There's a 50-50 chance you can. :wacko:

Now what will happen here(back to football)

Favre's decision means that Tarvaris Jackson and Sage Rosenfels will compete for the starting job. That was the plan when the Vikings acquired Rosenfels from Houston last February for a fourth-round draft pick.

Edited by Randall

Confirmed on ESPN........

"The daily mental and physical grind" played a part in the decision.........

FWIW, I think it would have been fun to see where he could have led the Vikes to this year.....

Favre's decision means that Tarvaris Jackson and Sage Rosenfels will compete for the starting job. That was the plan when the Vikings acquired Rosenfels from Houston last February for a fourth-round draft pick.

I've read that John David Booty has outplayed Sage so far. If this is true, this could be a disaster for the Vikings, who have some very pissed off qb's, who they may have already emotionally lost...

I really just want this whole thing to be over already.

Confirmed on ESPN........

"The daily mental and physical grind" played a part in the decision.........

FWIW, I think it would have been fun to see where he could have led the Vikes to this year.....

The grind was HIS or is he referring to OUR grind at having to listen to all his crap...?

I've read that John David Booty has outplayed Sage so far. If this is true, this could be a disaster for the Vikings, who have some very pissed off qb's, who they may have already emotionally lost...

I really just want this whole thing to be over already.

Well said and I agree 100%

There's no way Chilly and some of the players are going to be able to look Rosenfels and/or Jackson and (to a lesser extent) Booty in the eyes and say we had confidence in you all along. They played with fire and now let the burning begin. :wacko:

Edited by Delicious_bass

There's no way Chilly and some of the players are going to be able to look Rosenfels and/or Jackson and (to a lesser extent) Booty and say we had confidence in you all along. They played with fire and now let the burning begin. :D

meh....I can't speak for TJ, :D but Sage is a 30 year old male, not female. :D I'm thinking he'll get over having his feelings hurt.

Time to end the drama and play some football boys. :wacko:

And with that fateful decision, hence began the hall of fame career of one John David Booty. #4 lives in Minnesota!!!

There's no way Chilly and some of the players are going to be able to look Rosenfels and/or Jackson and (to a lesser extent) Booty in the eyes and say we had confidence in you all along. They played with fire and now let the burning begin. :wacko:

On the bright side, your team can still run on everyone and your defense doesn't get ran on. The North this year is going to be fun.