[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Bryant Johnson Detroit lions

mchops

Anyone think Bryant Johnson could blossom into a nice #2 fantasy wideout? Curry was traded to st Louis and Johnson is now the number 2 there. Calvin Johnson on the other side getting all the attention and Detroit losing all day means someone has to pick up the slack and we know Bryant has the skills.

Anyone think Bryant Johnson could blossom into a nice #2 fantasy wideout? Curry was traded to st Louis and Johnson is now the number 2 there. Calvin Johnson on the other side getting all the attention and Detroit losing all day means someone has to pick up the slack and we know Bryant has the skills.

I think Johnson was already ahead of Curry and I agree he is good, but jury is out with the rookie QB. Decent #3 WR might be a safer prediction, with some nice upside.

I think Johnson was already ahead of Curry and I agree he is good, but jury is out with the rookie QB. Decent #3 WR might be a safer prediction, with some nice upside.

This was the case as I read that Curry has lost a step. I have Johnson pegged for about 40 receptions, a shade over 500 yards and 2-3 TDs.

With Culpepper taking snaps, no.

With Stafford at QB, maybe, although not likely. He's an unknown commodity, and you can't expect much from him on that team.

:wacko:

I'd think just the opposite. I think Culpepper will have a tendancy to go after the weak spot in the D more often, whereas a rookie like Stafford would tend to rely on his uber-stud's talent more to save him when he makes some poorer decisions.

Still curious to see if Stanton can get his nose under the tent during preseason. Watching him in college and the way he somehow turned chicken#### into chicken salad, I can't help but think there's a NFL quality gamer in him. There's a potential Brees/Rosenfels waiting to emerge there, IMO...

Right - Johnson was already the #2 WR in Detroit and Curry was not even a lock to be #3. For a team that will no doubt need to throw, it would seem that he'll have some fantasy value but even if Stafford is as good as Matt Ryan was, that could mean that his #2 (Johnson) would match Ryan's #2 (Michael Jenkins) with 50-777 and 3 TDs. That's maybe WR3 in a really big league (42nd in non-PPR)

I'd think just the opposite. I think Culpepper will have a tendancy to go after the weak spot in the D more often, whereas a rookie like Stafford would tend to rely on his uber-stud's talent more to save him when he makes some poorer decisions.

Still curious to see if Stanton can get his nose under the tent during preseason. Watching him in college and the way he somehow turned chicken#### into chicken salad, I can't help but think there's a NFL quality gamer in him. There's a potential Brees/Rosenfels waiting to emerge there, IMO...

Well, Culpepper makes plenty of poor decisions and he might be the worst starting QB in football at reading defenses. I think that he will make his living heaving the ball to Johnson and letting him go get it.

I think that the Lions have stuck a fork in Stanton. Word is that the guy has trouble throwing the football - which is not a good trait for a QB to have.

:wacko:

Edited by Furd

If Matt Stafford makes poorer decisions than Duante Culpepper, then may God have mercy on us all. :wacko::D:D I actually think that Culepper is going to be far more likely to rely on his "new Randy Moss", especially with Linehan's scheme installed. Stafford, however, has never had an elite primary reciever to rely on--he's gotten it done with executing good offensive gameplans well. Note that I didn't say "picking apart the defense with savvy reads", I said physically executing a gameplan. If Linehan tells him to abuse the #2 CB with Bryant Johnson deep, he will. If Linehan tells him to work underneath with Pettigrew and Northcutt, he will.

Jim Schwartz actually said during minicamp that he knows that he's not seeing the real Drew Stanton in shorts-and-T-shirt practices, and he plans to hold off on evaluating him as a long-term prospect until he sees him in preseason, engaged with the enemy. A sage move indeed by The Grandmaster (as I obnoxiously call him).

Peace

policy

I'm confused. How did you guys start talking about Stanton? He won't be playing anywhere any time soon.

I can think of more than one QB of whom this sentiment has been widely shared only to prove the masses wrong. It's way early in his career, and the learning curve can be steeper for some than others. QB is the wrong spot to expect instant gratification. I just find it hard to believe that the guy was so prolific and managed what he did in college playing on MSU teams that were quite frankly vastly overwhelmed by the talent of the opponents on most weekends and then could not find a way to get a transfer of his skills to the bigs when the margin of talent is much smaller.

The Brothers Johnson is mostly Cal so no not FF WR2 worthy. Late flier at most.