[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Vick to return

WaterMan

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=jc-v...o&type=lgns

As for the meeting, the aforementioned sources said it appeared to go favorably. One source said Goodell was “positive but stern” when talking to Vick, and indicated that the quarterback will be allowed to sign with a team before training camp.

he still sucks...probably more now than he did before his time in the pokey.

I'd hate for Miami to take him. And I know Parcells has publicly stated that they would be interested. But damnit, Pat White!! HELLO!!

Does anybody else see the SLIGHT possibility that BB pulls up his pants and takes a chance on this guy? Could you imagine Vick lining up along side Brady,Moss,Welker,Fred Taylor ala a Wildcat? There is no way that D would have the SLIGHTEST idea what was going to happen.

Edited by tazinib1

John Clayton on his radio show about two hours ago said that still none of the 32 teams have shown any interest whatsoever.

dude must really still be more trouble then he's worth for a Franchise ta babysit...ba bye loser....go dig a ditch .....wait does he have a college education :wacko:

dude must really still be more trouble then he's worth for a Franchise ta babysit...ba bye loser....go dig a ditch .....wait does he have a college education :wacko:

While I'm sure that VaTech is a fine enough university, it's not exactly CalTech, UChicago or Dartmouth ... and, I'm not sure Vick ended up with much of a GPA over the minimum to stay eligible. So, it's arguable whether he has a "college education" even if he graduated (which I'm not sure about).

While I'm sure that VaTech is a fine enough university, it's not exactly CalTech, UChicago or Dartmouth ... and, I'm not sure Vick ended up with much of a GPA over the minimum to stay eligible. So, it's arguable whether he has a "college education" even if he graduated (which I'm not sure about).

He left after the 3rd year there (redshirt sophomore)

He really does seem to have come a long way. He is working with PETA as a spokesman and is lined up to do work with other animal groups as well. He has met with all the right people, and they have all come away saying good things. I'm personally not going to hang the guy for dogfighting, especially since he at least appears to be trying to learn from his mistakes. He had been rasied around dogfighting. I'm not condoning it, but it is such a part of the culture in that area that they are a little de-sensitized to it. How does he not deserve a second chance?

As far as on the field, he'll get signed by somebody, at some point. He is just far too good of an athlete not to. My guess has always been Washington. Zorn is a wacky guy, so I can see him wanting VIck, and I am not sure that Snyder would say no. It won't be as a starting QB, heck, it may not even be as a QB, but Vick will be in an NFL uniform sooner than later.

He really does seem to have come a long way. He is working with PETA as a spokesman and is lined up to do work with other animal groups as well. He has met with all the right people, and they have all come away saying good things. I'm personally not going to hang the guy for dogfighting, especially since he at least appears to be trying to learn from his mistakes. He had been rasied around dogfighting. I'm not condoning it, but it is such a part of the culture in that area that they are a little de-sensitized to it. How does he not deserve a second chance?

As far as on the field, he'll get signed by somebody, at some point. He is just far too good of an athlete not to. My guess has always been Washington. Zorn is a wacky guy, so I can see him wanting VIck, and I am not sure that Snyder would say no. It won't be as a starting QB, heck, it may not even be as a QB, but Vick will be in an NFL uniform sooner than later.

Man, that's twice today that we've agreed on something. :wacko:

I've kept pretty quiet about all things Vick. I am a HUGH animal lover and was sickened by what Vick did. But what S21 is saying here about it being part of the culture is spot on. I really can't comment further on it because it's certainly not my culture. If everyone's saying that the guy is truly contrite about what he did and is following through with everything the courts (and NFL) have mandated, then why shouldn't the guy get another shot? He's a wicked good athlete that will make an offense better, especially now with the semi-prevalence of the Wildcat.

Good call on the 'Skins. Snyder is Jerry Jones lite and isn't worried about the negative press. Vick's from just a few hours south of DC and would have an immediate fan base.

John Clayton on his radio show about two hours ago said that still none of the 32 teams have shown any interest whatsoever.

Publicly the teams are saying that so they don't have to deal with the press until that time comes.

He really does seem to have come a long way. He is working with PETA as a spokesman and is lined up to do work with other animal groups as well. He has met with all the right people, and they have all come away saying good things. I'm personally not going to hang the guy for dogfighting, especially since he at least appears to be trying to learn from his mistakes. He had been rasied around dogfighting. I'm not condoning it,

LMAO

Sure you're not.

kinda kewl to have whoopi on thehuddle.com - sup ho?

Does anybody else see the SLIGHT possibility that BB pulls up his pants and takes a chance on this guy? Could you imagine Vick lining up along side Brady,Moss,Welker,Fred Taylor ala a Wildcat? There is no way that D would have the SLIGHTEST idea what was going to happen.

By doing that they're taking the best player on the team, maybe in the entire league off the field. No way do I see BB doing this and putting Brady on the sidelines, even if it's just for a handful of plays a game.

I'm personally not going to hang the guy for dogfighting, especially since he at least appears to be trying to learn from his mistakes.
No one is asking him to be hung. That's the department of justice's job if they chose to and they didn't. However it also doesn't mean that we have to just forget about his choices.

He had been rasied around dogfighting. I'm not condoning it, but it is such a part of the culture in that area that they are a little de-sensitized to it. How does he not deserve a second chance?
He had a chance. He blew it. What about the hundreds of other people that never had a first chance? I'm of the mind that you screw up once big time, you are out. Vick, Stallworth, Henry, etc all would be gone. I'd also include banned substances in that list of things that will end your professional career.

Man, that's twice today that we've agreed on something. :wacko:

I've kept pretty quiet about all things Vick. I am a HUGH animal lover and was sickened by what Vick did. But what S21 is saying here about it being part of the culture is spot on. I really can't comment further on it because it's certainly not my culture. If everyone's saying that the guy is truly contrite about what he did and is following through with everything the courts (and NFL) have mandated, then why shouldn't the guy get another shot? He's a wicked good athlete that will make an offense better, especially now with the semi-prevalence of the Wildcat.

You're a dumb ass...........he's "contritie" about wanting to make another million's dollar ish.......He doesn't deserve to be in society, let alone near people that have dogs....I don't care how talented you think he is/may be.....he's a worthless human bean.

Just my take...

Amazing country we live in.

Vick fights dogs and is the most vile person know to man. Leonard Little kills people, gets 90 days and an 8 game suspension.

Seriously? Intent or lack thereof makes no difference to you? I'd hate to have you on a jury if I were up against manslaughter charges in a self defense case.

Not defending Little - what he did was reprehensible, no question. But Vick knew exactly what he was doing for an extended period of time, and got enjoyment from the intentional torture/ brutal deaths of dogs as well as knowingly using stolen family pets as training tools for the fighting dogs. Goes to a bit different mindset and level, don't you think?

But Vick knew exactly what he was doing for an extended period of time, and got enjoyment from the intentional torture/ brutal deaths of dogs as well as knowingly using stolen family pets as training tools for the fighting dogs.

Can you provide a link to where Vick said he developed an enjoyment for torturing dogs? This Ann Coulter speak isn't any good without proof. :wacko:

*insert link here*

You're a dumb ass...........he's "contritie" about wanting to make another million's dollar ish.......He doesn't deserve to be in society, let alone near people that have dogs....I don't care how talented you think he is/may be.....he's a worthless human bean.

Just my take...

:wacko: Yeah, I'M the dumb ass.

I'm having trouble picturing how Vick fits into training camp unless he is given the #1 QB job from day 1 and the coaches are willing to tailor their game plan around his shortcomings and improvising style. If you're giving him reps next to two other "traditional" QBs who can, you know, throw the ball and actually connect with receivers, he's going to throw everyone's timing off when he comes in and no one knows what the hell he's going to do. And we know any receivers on a team with Vick at QB will have next to zero fantasy value.

And if you try to make him a pocket passer, he's lucky to make the practice squad. If you sign him, you're stuck with what he is and has always been -- a great running back who for some reason thinks he can throw the ball.

As bad as some teams are, I don't see any of them handing the keys over to Vick.

would anyone want vick dating their daughter?

Here's a better question, you have a choice of letting him date your daughter, or else he will be signed by your favorite team and named the starter for the season.

I'm glad I don't have a daughter.