[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

First day of Broncos camp

Bronco Billy

link

Brandon Marshall reports to Broncos camp

By The Denver Post

Disgruntled Broncos wide receiver Brandon Marshall reported to team headquarters today along with the rest of Denver's injured players, rookies and quarterbacks for the unofficial start of training camp.

Because he wants a renegotiated contract, Marshall, who had offseason hip surgery, has not been with the team during the offseason and decided to receive personal treatment elsewhere. He also skipped the team's final minicamp, leaving himself vulnerable to $35,329 in fines and repayment of the signing bonus he received in 2006.

The fine for skipping training camp is $15,888 a day.

Marshall wants to renegotiate the $2.198 million salary left on the contract he

Marshall is also facing an Aug. 13 trial in Atlanta on a misdemeanor battery charge. If Marshall is found guilty, the NFL could discipline him with a season-starting suspension for a second consecutive season.

Marshall has little bargaining leverage, at least until after his trial.

Meanwhile first-round draft picks Knowshon Moreno and Robert Ayers have not signed their contracts and have not reported to Dove Valley.

The Broncos have not had a rookie hold out since second-round running back Tatum Bell in 2004.

:wacko:

Edited by Bronco Billy

Not to be an apologist, but I heard that only four of the 32 first round picks have been signed and that, in particular, Knowshon's agent wants to wait to see how some of the other first round pick signings go.

Knowshon is going to be one of the first dominos to fall, not one of the reactive later ones. If they are waiting for that, it's going to be a while.

:D

just saying that the Broncos are trying to get him signed, but his agent is dragging his feet.

you make me feel dirty for apologizing for them.

You should feel dirty. I've seen you jumping on the McDumbiels' bandwagon. Don't think I'm not keeping my eyes on you...

It could be just me getting jumpy, but doesn't it seem like few first round picks have signed so far this year? Let's get them in camp boys.

I think only 4 have signed so far and Crabtree wants #3 money. That should endear him to Mr. Singletary.

According to radio reports mixed with my comments...

Brandon Marshall seemed intentionally disinterested and bored. Not good and if he thinks this tactic will get him a raise, hahahaha.

Camp is in pads! Players under Shanny got too soft cuz they didn't practice in pads until mid-season last year and while the DEF still sucked, tackling got noticeably better after pads and hitting in practice.

And we already have a training camp "darling" (radio's word, not mine) in Kenny McKinley. Reports were that he was simply faster than anyone on the field. If this kid can become a little more durable, he's got a good lead into a permanent job. He's the one guy on this roster that I'll be watching for in pre-season games.

Who else was on the field?