[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Minnesota Huddlers

j2v

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like I'm out. I have some family flying into town staying with me that night now.

I'll send an email out to the rest of the UFF-DA leauge-mates though.

Any family of Savage is welcome. Or you can slip out after dinner; if last year is any indication, we'll still be there.

It's working out that I will be dropping off my daughter at the airport on that day. She's going to a fraternity meeting in D.C. Although I haven't been told if it's 6 AM, 6 PM or somewhere in between it will work out really well or not at all.

It was either Socrates or Rod Stewart who said, "Tonight's the night."

Stated gathering time is 6:00; I'll do my best to hit that mark, but I have a radio appearance at 5:40 so I don't know how long it will run. If you see a sweaty, thirsty-looking guy sitting in his car in the Buffalo Wild Wings parking lot having an animated conversation with no one, that'll be me.

I do have a little bit of Huddle swag to give out. First one there (i.e. the one who reserves us a nice big table that could hold up to 10 or so and has a frosty ale beverage waiting for me when I walk in) will definitely score a Huddle hat; others will be doled out for criteria yet to be determined.

Hope you can join us!

2V

I won't be able to make it, but I want to do this sometime in the future. My daughter stayed with friends last night and I'm not dropping her off today at all. My Mom is having surgery tomorrow. It wouldn't go over so well if my sisters are taking days off work while I'm off drinking with the fellas.

Those of you unable to attend... well, I'm sorry you can't get these few precious hours of your life back.

Kudos to Gen. Itals, Seductive Nuns, and Paul Ott Carruth who kept me from having to go George Thorogood on the bit and drink alone. And double kudos to whomever suggested Buffalo Wild Wings in Eagan as the venue; were you aware the Vikings Cheerleeders were hosting a wet T-shirt contest with $1 taps? Because they were, so the evening was an unqualified success. We talked football, we answered trivia questions, we wondered if Cheerleader #3 (the blonde with the big eyes) was old enough to be in a bar. Huddle hats and pens were handed out, and the secret mysteries of what to do on draft day were revealed.

Epic fails will have opportunities to redeem yourself at Treasure Island on Saturday (identify yourself as a Huddler and you could be a winner winner chicken dinner) and at both Saturdays of the State Fair (Emily Post says cheese curds are the perfect way to say "I'm sorry"). And there was once again discussion of gathering on a Monday or Thursday for some real football—though the northern suburbs might hold the most sway since the southern suburbs didn't represent this evening.

Thanks again to those of you who couldn't make it. And for those who were unable, I have only two words: Yazzle Dazzle. You know who you are.

2V

Those of you unable to attend... well, I'm sorry you can't get these few precious hours of your life back.

Kudos to Gen. Itals, Seductive Nuns, and Paul Ott Carruth who kept me from having to go George Thorogood on the bit and drink alone. And double kudos to whomever suggested Buffalo Wild Wings in Eagan as the venue; were you aware the Vikings Cheerleeders were hosting a wet T-shirt contest with $1 taps? Because they were, so the evening was an unqualified success. We talked football, we answered trivia questions, we wondered if Cheerleader #3 (the blonde with the big eyes) was old enough to be in a bar. Huddle hats and pens were handed out, and the secret mysteries of what to do on draft day were revealed.

Epic fails will have opportunities to redeem yourself at Treasure Island on Saturday (identify yourself as a Huddler and you could be a winner winner chicken dinner) and at both Saturdays of the State Fair (Emily Post says cheese curds are the perfect way to say "I'm sorry"). And there was once again discussion of gathering on a Monday or Thursday for some real football—though the northern suburbs might hold the most sway since the southern suburbs didn't represent this evening.

Thanks again to those of you who couldn't make it. And for those who were unable, I have only two words: Yazzle Dazzle. You know who you are.

2V

:wacko: I got off work at 5pm and it was a long day at work, I was spent and now back at it. I wouldn't mind meeting at that BW3 on some sunday during the year.

Edited by Outshined

2V

DAMN IT!! :D

Sounds like I missed a good time. Glad to hear you guys had fun, though :wacko:

Next time.