[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

State of the Steelers

j2v

State of the Steelers  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Which Steelers running back offers the most fantasy value?

• Fast Willie Parker
    • Rashard Mendenhall
    • Mewelde Moore
    • Frank "The Tank" Summers
  2. 2. What will keep Ben Roethlisberger from being a viable fantasy starter this year?

• Nothing, I'm perfectly happy with him as my QB1
    • An offensive line that's given up 150 sacks the past three seasons
    • The civil suit hanging over him
    • Big Ben isn't a viable fantasy starter because he just doesn't put up the numbers

State of the Steelers

The Super Bowl champs remain the team to beat in the NFL, but the Steelers are not without their questions. Ben Roethlisberger has some off-the-field issues to deal with, the running game was hardly Steeler-like last season, and Pittsburgh won the Super Bowl despite an offensive line that couldn't open holes for Willie Parker and had a difficult time keeping Big Ben upright.

The Steel Curtain is still in place, but are the Steelers without a go-to fantasy guy as they begin defense of their title?

IIRC correctly when the schedules came out the general consensus here was that Pitt had a fairly light schedule , especially for a defending SB Champ . They still have a fierce D and Big ben is a winner. They should make noise for sure. I think Holmes will be the top fantasy guy

Edited by whomper

... I think Holmes will be the top fantasy guy

Holmes, I think, has settled into what we can expect from him. I think the departure of Washington might help Holmes but they brought in McDonald. Sweed is now in his 2nd season and will figure in the mix despite his struggles last year.

At this point, banking on Holmes as a full-time FF starter is also banking on Ward's production finally and significantly slipping. With each year that bet gets better but it still makes Holmes a gamble.

Also, Holmes got busted for possession last year. Charges were dropped, IIRC, this offseason but it wasn't the first or only grumblings of Holmes' off-field issues.