[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

How prepared are you this year?

Chief Dick

How prepared are you this year?  

60 members have voted

1. 1. How prepared are you this year?

• Very. I make my own projections and use a laptop during the draft.
    • Somewhat. I use rhino's spreadsheet and pretend to know how to use it.
    • Not very. I download a cheatsheet the day of the draft and use a highlighter.
    • Puddy. I hire someone to draft for me.

About as prepared as I was last year, which I hope turns out just as well. :wacko:

Actually, I pretty much keep up with the players but when draft time comes around I usually just use Rhino's sheet or another one for tracking available players & make my picks based on what I know/feel rather than compiling my own cheat sheet.

I'd be more prepared if my local auction was not so early...it's tomorrow, in fact! I have my ADP and VBD comparison and my players grouped into tiers, got my sleeper and my "beware of" lists, are aware of bye weeks, etc. I guess the early start (and understanding that anything can happen in training camp) is still making me feel less prepared than I'd like to be.

Anymore, I print off a cheatsheet and carry a highlighter. The extent of my research is the message board here. What say you?

I print a cheatsheet and use a highlighter, but that doesn't mean I am not prepared. I have a good idea of a draft strategy and I watch the trends of the draft as it unfolds. I also have an idea of my own rankings, I don't always follow the cheatsheet. I also put a mark next to sleepers that I target. I won my league last year in spite of bad early picks, but a lot of my late picks came through allowing me to trade.

somewhere in there is me...

I don't make my own projections.

I fiddle around with Rhino's spreadsheet and give up.

I download the huddle's cheatsheet

and take my laptop with me...

I'm pretty much constantly looking at rankings and mock drafts for weeks up until my drafts, so by the time I get to the draft I pretty much know who I am targeting for value picks and who I am avoiding. That allows me to just use a cheatsheet and highlighter while I have a few beers.

I never feel unprepared. Although I still might decide to use a laptop this year... we'll see. :wacko:

I think, also, the question is how prepared am I...relative to my league mates? With one or two exceptions, no one in my league is better prepared than I.

Of course, I still auction/draft poorly, so maybe the last-minute book buyers are doing something right!

:wacko:

Dude, i just picked up 3 FF magazines, so I'm good to go. :wacko:

Actually, I haven't really started to prepare yet. I don't do projections, but I do my own tiers, based upon others' research, of course.

I'm not very prepared this year but I don't intend to print a cheatsheet and show up. If I was in the Interboard this year, I'd be drafting right now. I've somewhat read the Fantasy Index team reports but that's about it for now.

Not very. I download a cheatsheet the day of the draft and use a highlighter.

If I drafted today I'd be hosed. I haven't looked at any real news or team reports yet this year. Outside of a few posts on the Huddle I haven't read up on anything.

Fortunately I don't have my first draft for about 3 weeks yet, so once the preseason games commence I'll be getting prepared.

Usually by then I'll have a cheatsheet and a highlighter, but I'll have a solid plan in mind with how I want to draft, along with plenty of other options/alternatives once my original plan gets usurped. :wacko: