[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Percy Harvin Signed Sunday

Outshined

I think he might be on the field a lot this year.

Harvin impressive in debut

August 2nd, 2009 – 8:28 PM by Chip Scoggins

MANKATO — The Vikings wasted little time showing how much they plan on using first-round pick Percy Harvin in his first practice after signing his contact.

Harvin started practice by working on kickoff returns. As a receiver in team drills, he lined up in the slot and split out wide. He took handoffs in the backfield and it's a good bet we'll probably see him used in the Wildcat formation at some point in camp.

Harvin clearly has a unique skill set and the Vikings are hoping to maximize his speed and playmaking ability by using him in a variety of roles. Coach Brad Childress said Harvin has a high "football IQ" and the staff believes he can handle everything that is being thrown at him.

"We aren't going to spoon feed him," Childress said. "We are going to challenge him."

This guy has a ton of upside. I hate using the "u" word so flippantly, but in this case, I think it fits 100%. I'm glad I grabbed him in a dynasty league. He's going to have good PPR value.

He's going to have good PPR value.

Only when Childress is gone and they find themselves a QB. Of course, by then, Childress will have put him on special teams on both sides of the ball and he'll have a career ending injury. But good luck with him in your dynasty league D, good pick up. :wacko:

Only when Childress is gone and they find themselves a QB. Of course, by then, Childress will have put him on special teams on both sides of the ball and he'll have a career ending injury. But good luck with him in your dynasty league D, good pick up. :D

See, I think it's just the opposite. I think this is one of those guys that will be good only until the physical skills start to deteriorate. Frankly, I don't think he's smart enough to actually learn a position. Kind of like Vick. :wacko:

I think he starts off great guns as they use anything and everything to get the ball in the kids hands - he's faster and shiftier than most everyone else he'll be on the field with. Screens (RB and WR), tosses, reverses and bombs (T-Jax does have a strong arm, and it doesn't take much to go long to Harvin). JMO.

Harvin impressive in debut

August 2nd, 2009 – 8:28 PM by Chip Scoggins

MANKATO — The Vikings wasted little time showing how much they plan on using first-round pick Percy Harvin in his first practice after signing his contact.

Harvin started practice by working on kickoff returns. As a receiver in team drills, he lined up in the slot and split out wide. He took handoffs in the backfield and it's a good bet we'll probably see him used in the Wildcat formation at some point in camp.

Harvin clearly has a unique skill set and the Vikings are hoping to maximize his speed and playmaking ability by using him in a variety of roles. Coach Brad Childress said Harvin has a high "football IQ" and the staff believes he can handle everything that is being thrown at him.

"We aren't going to spoon feed him," Childress said. "We are going to challenge him."

How would a guy like Childress know if someone has a high football IQ?

Only when Childress is gone and they find themselves a QB. Of course, by then, Childress will have put him on special teams on both sides of the ball and he'll have a career ending injury. But good luck with him in your dynasty league D, good pick up. :wacko:

Yeah, I probably should have indicated "at some point in the future". :D