[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Had my first BLT of the season last night

TimC

My tomatoes are ripening up nicely on the vine (not as good as last year's stash, but oh well). Got some great center cut bacon from the store on Saturday. Toasted up some fresh Wonder white bread and slapped some mayo on it.

It's proof there is a higher power. :wacko:

Seriously. I had some straight beefsteak tomatoes on toast with mayo S&P, they were outstanding. Ms Cid made fried green tomatoes on Saturday and they too were yummy. I loves me some fresh garden veggies.

My tomatoes are ripening up nicely on the vine (not as good as last year's stash, but oh well). Got some great center cut bacon from the store on Saturday. Toasted up some fresh Wonder white bread and slapped some mayo on it.

It's proof there is a higher power. :wacko:

What? No lettuce?

And a BLT is just not a BLT without Mayo.

I actually like to make a Mayo/Mustard spread. But either way...

I'm jealous - weve had so much rain in the northeast - Ive got nothing but blight - waited since May for nothing

I've lost more than a few plants. I experimented and grew from seed this year which gave me a ton of plants. If all of them came in as I hoped, I would've been swimming in tomatoes. As it stands, I've barely got enough to make a decent sammich. The few vines that did okay are now busting, but they're still green. I'm thinking I'll still be able to have some fresh spaghetti sauce.

It's been a tough year for sure. My corn was looking great and now I don't think we're gonna get any.

• 2 weeks later...
I'm jealous - weve had so much rain in the northeast - Ive got nothing but blight - waited since May for nothing

The lawn has had tons of fungus problems, and my tomats have some late blight, but still a reasonable harvest. Now I am picking them a little early and cutting the affected parts off... which means I have to really chow down on them now, while I can. Which brings me to why I posted this....

Grilled cheese sammiches with tomatoes. On wheat, rye, white, it's all awesome. Add bacon, even better. Tomatoes explode with flavor when they get warmed up.... on a grilled cheese (cheddar) they are incredible. Recently, my preference is on rye with seeds.

Grilled cheese sammiches with tomatoes. On wheat, rye, white, it's all awesome. Add bacon, even better. Tomatoes explode with flavor when they get warmed up.... on a grilled cheese (cheddar) they are incredible. Recently, my preference is on rye with seeds.

Bingo! Fresh garden tomatoes with a strong cheese on strong bread - incredible.

pesto, or a basil aioli.

basalmic reduction

for lettuce, use some mixed greens tossed in some type of vinaigrette.. any way you do it.... use a pretty fresh baguette

it's a freakin BLT..... not a trendy resturant dish! Chefs.... LOL.