[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Chicken Jambalaya with Creole Sauce

Kid Cid

sounds pretty good. can't say I've ever really heard of serving creole over jambalaya, but it sounds like a decent enough idea, really. the main thing with jambalaya in my experience is DO NOT F*CKING STIR IT once the rice starts cooking. check it from time to time and add fluid if you must, but don't stir it. your rice will be all mushy and crappy, but still undercooked inside. I saw even the great bobby flay make this mistake when he did jambalaya on his "throwdown" show. jambalaya is the only episode I've seen where bobby got thoroughly and completely destroyed by the guy he was challenging.

sounds pretty good. can't say I've ever really heard of serving creole over jambalaya, but it sounds like a decent enough idea, really. the main thing with jambalaya in my experience is DO NOT F*CKING STIR IT once the rice starts cooking. check it from time to time and add fluid if you must, but don't stir it. your rice will be all mushy and crappy, but still undercooked inside. I saw even the great bobby flay make this mistake when he did jambalaya on his "throwdown" show. jambalaya is the only episode I've seen where bobby got thoroughly and completely destroyed by the guy he was challenging.

I thought the same thing, but the creole sauce has a nice bright tomato taste that compliments the darkness of the jambalaya very nicely. You're right about not stirring things once you add the rice. It'ts just like making rice from scratch, once you bring it to a boil, put the lid on, turn down the heat and wait until it's done.

• 1 month later...
jambalaya is the only episode I've seen where bobby got thoroughly and completely destroyed by the guy he was challenging.

Check out the sushi episode. Tex-mex cook from NYC taking on a sushi expert? Ugly.

A proper jambalaya requires no sauce. :wacko:

Yup.

But hey, the creole sauce could still be tasty. :D

Just like you don't "need" pants, but it's still nice to put them on occasionally.

I love classic Jambalaya, and have some coonass relatives that will come to town and cook up a 20 gallons for a party once a year. I've also got a MIL that is part coonass and she's been doing creole thing forever, and it is very good. Another variation I really like is substituting past for the rice. It gives it a slightly different taste and texture.