[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Report: Stewart Bradley out for Season

Report: Torn ACL for Stewart Bradley

Howard Eskin of 610 WIP in Philly reports that Eagles middle linebacker Stewart Bradley suffered a torn ACL on Sunday night during a scrimmage.

He's expected to be out for the year.

Bradley became the starter last year at the position, and he was expected to be the primary signal-caller on defense this season.

1st thanks for posting

2nd :wacko:

3rd it will be interesting to see if Mays lands the starting gig or they move gaither back inside or look to bring in a vet...time for McDermot to start earning his keep

Edited by keggerz

Sorry to hear the news. However I do appreciate you trading Gaither to me in HFA. :wacko:

That is if this holds true:

(Rotoworld) New defensive coordinator Sean McDermott confirmed that Omar Gaither will get a chance to reclaim his starting weak-side linebacker job from Akeem Jordan. Analysis: McDermott guarded that by saying Gaither "will work everywhere," hinting he may enter the season as Philly's top backup at all three LB spots. Jordan was more productive in 2008 and Gaither is versatile, so that seems the best bet.

Looks like Joe Mays will get every opportunity to win the MLB spot, and appears to be te prohibitive favorite.

that being said, the Eagles signed fromer Charger MLB Matt Wilhelm yesterday for added depth at the position.

I will be very surprised if Wilhelm does not end up the starter at MLB

Wilhelm has lost a step and frankly, Charger fans didn't lose any sleep when he was released. I'd love to see Akeem get more playing time.

+1 which was exactly why I think Mays is the favorite to start (though Gaither will get a look) , and that Wilhelm was only added for depth/emergency needs at a now thin position.

• 2 weeks later...
I won't. They really love Mays and are fine with Gaither as their W/M 4th LB.

To me Mays looks like a young Jeremiah Trotter. I was concerned he wouldn't be a 3rd down player but he was in coverage some tonight.

He sheds blocks well and is a thumper.

Great, not only did I draft him this year, he doesn't have a statistical replacement on the team b/c noone is sure who will get the job

Gaither is dinged (not making the trip to Indy this week)....mays has been getting all the reps the last weeks, and it was his job to lose even before the injury to Gaither.

He played great last week, and will really have to have a couple bad outings to lose the job.

• 3 weeks later...

Reid confirms Gaither to start at MLB

Reid, who hasn't met with the media since last Thursday, said on his weekly WIP radio show that Harris will start at free safety and Gaither will start at middle linebacker when the Eagles open the regular season against the Carolina Panthers in Charlotte, N.C., on Sunday afternoon.