[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Who started teh RBBC?

3xcrazy

Seriously, though, the Dolphins ran both Larry Csonka and Jim Kiick (sp?) to 1,000 yard campaigns in...'72? Could that have been the true start?

yep. Well, back in the day, teams used to give the ball to their fullbacks, halfbacks, slots, ends, bearbacks, and the QB's would run all the time. The Dolphins are probably the most well known, especially when they added Mercury Morris to Csonka and Kick in '69.

Edited by Seahawks21

As far as it becomng an infamous term in Fantasy Football, I think it may have started with the Vikings around 2002 when they were alternating between Moe Williams and Michael Bennent.

That was about the same time as Barber/Dayne in NY, too. And probably Hearst and Barlow too.

Found this:

1,000-yard Duos

1972 Dolphins - Csonka and Morris

1976 Steelers - Harris and Bleier

1985 Browns - Mack and Byner

2006 Falcons - Dunn and Vick

2008 Giants - Jacobs and Ward

Found this:

1,000-yard Duos

1972 Dolphins - Csonka and Morris

1976 Steelers - Harris and Bleier

1985 Browns - Mack and Byner

2006 Falcons - Dunn and Vick

2008 Giants - Jacobs and Ward

That is pretty interesting. I wonder if other duos got close but fell short because they only used to play 14 game schedules?

in 1945, Doc Blanchard (Mr. Inside) and Glenn Davis (Mr. Outside) were a famous college duo who led Army to a 27-0-1 record.

There were the four horsemen at Notre Dame in 1924 that included the RHB, LHB and FB.

Jim Taylor and Paul Hornung at GB in the 60's.

I think it has always been popular but started going away from it in the 80's and 90's with the Walsh coaching tree spreading out with the West Coast which passed more and used RBs less.

The Cowboys in 1978 used Tony Dorsett (1703 total yds, 9 TDs) and Robert Newhouse (760 yards, 10 TDs).

It was the demise of the fullback that made HB's get more workload. Now they are just using 2 players for the HB and still not using the FB. Remember Alstott and Dunn?

There were the four horsemen at Notre Dame in 1924 that included the RHB, LHB and FB.

Maybe skylive will stop by and tell us how exciting it was to sit in the stadium and watch these guys play?

Not sure who started it, but it's being perfected even as we speak. And I'm pretty sure the real rbbc was started in the last few years, not back in the Shula-Landry era.

As opposed to the fake rbbc? :wacko: , even after everyone giving examples of it , Franco Harris and Rocky Bleier is another, you still say it is a new thing? obviously you have only been a football fan for a very short time.

Maybe skylive will stop by and tell us how exciting it was to sit in the stadium and watch these guys play?

My memory gets a lil hazy when recalling those days. :wacko:

Not sure one could call it RBBC... but there has always been, as far as I can remember, more than one person running the football. Even Jim Brown had to share. But then you had, as others have stated, a LHB, RHB, FB, etc. Wasn't just a RB and a FB.

RBBC isn't new that's for sure.

in 1945, Doc Blanchard (Mr. Inside) and Glenn Davis (Mr. Outside) were a famous college duo who led Army to a 27-0-1 record.

Jim Taylor and Paul Hornung at GB in the 60's.

I think it has always been popular but started going away from it in the 80's and 90's with the Walsh coaching tree spreading out with the West Coast which passed more and used RBs less.

The Cowboys in 1978 used Tony Dorsett (1703 total yds, 9 TDs) and Robert Newhouse (760 yards, 10 TDs).

It was the demise of the fullback that made HB's get more workload. Now they are just using 2 players for the HB and still not using the FB. Remember Alstott and Dunn?

Blanchard & Davis were the first guys that came to mind in college as being a RBBC, and Hornung & Taylor being used by Lombardi in the great 60s GB teams.

I agree that the FB position was not always considered a blocking-first position. In fact, during the first half of the 20th century, the FB was often considered the primary ball carrier and the HB was often a wing back (that's where the terms full back & half back came from).

As opposed to the fake rbbc? :wacko: , even after everyone giving examples of it , Franco Harris and Rocky Bleier is another, you still say it is a new thing? obviously you have only been a football fan for a very short time.

But weren't those guys on the field together pretty much all the time? The same may very well said about some of the others, although I can't be certain. Today's rbbc doesn't only seem to be about diminished touches, but diminished playing time.

But weren't those guys on the field together pretty much all the time? The same may very well said about some of the others, although I can't be certain. Today's rbbc doesn't only seem to be about diminished touches, but diminished playing time.

Does it matter if they are on the field or not? Not to me. If Ronnie Brown is on the field for 95% of the plays and only touches the ball 20 times or he's on the field for 50% of the plays and still touches it 20 times , same difference from a fantasy perspective. So the terminology of RBBC may not have been there 30+ yrs ago , but it's still the same result.

Does it matter if they are on the field or not? Not to me. If Ronnie Brown is on the field for 95% of the plays and only touches the ball 20 times or he's on the field for 50% of the plays and still touches it 20 times , same difference from a fantasy perspective. So the terminology of RBBC may not have been there 30+ yrs ago , but it's still the same result.

It matters to me, especially in the red zone. If your not on the field, you can't touch the ball.

It matters to me, especially in the red zone. If your not on the field, you can't touch the ball.

If you read the post , it says if the touches are the same it doesnt matter. So if you get 20 touches it doesnt matter if you are on the field for 30 plays or 70, you are not getting the ball any extra.