[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Twitter NFL people

satelliteoflovegm

Allow me to be the first here to say if we as fantasy junkies don't take advantage of this unparralled acess to the players we crave info on YOU guys are stupid.

Sure right now it's inane stuff, mostly, but in season, I can't wait. These guys haven't learned or dont care the world is reading the stuff they post. I work in the news business for the past 20 years and I have seen nothing gain so much speed like this ever.

Mainstream entertainment news is being broken on twitter. Who cares if Paula Abdul is leaving Idol? Not me, but it was broken on her twitter account. Like it or not, thats million dollar e-news. It's a matter of time before news period is being regularly broken via tweets. Lets not forget that the National Enquirer reported on Clinton/Lewinsky first. Another so-called garbage medium.

Drop the male ego, "I refuse to do anything called Twitter!" Fine don't but I will and because my brain can sift through and ignore the drivel at an alarming rate I will get that ever so often pearl in the oyster that is the information ocean.

knowledge is power. Buffalo Bills.com is reporting tweets as news now. The Huddle, I'm sure has or soon will. Why not get the info just that much sooner? Share it with each other and be all that more ahead of the fantasy game, in this case.

I just read the Chargers fined a player for bad mouthing TC food on his account. :wacko:

This is going to be big.

I was going to post a Terrell Owens tweet, to the effect, "James Hardy just left my room, he was asking me question after question. he reminds me of me with Jerry Rice. I loved his thirst for knowledge and I was excited to help" I'm paraphrasing, it was better!

But that would drag out all the TO haters and the point would get lost. Because i have yet to hear anybody ever say on this website or any other that someone made an argument and it changed (my) mind.

After reading about the fine, Kawika Mitchells response to the fine I had to write something. Facebook on the otherhand, I really don't care if my co-workers are cooking french toast for their stoopid kids! There's something more instant, more real about twitter. More interesting to me anyway.

I love it...

I follow the Star Tribune Vikings reporters. They are at camp reporting who is in, who is hurt and who is making plays. It's almost real time. Rosenhaus was at Vikings camp yesterday and he tweeted that Allison was going to get cut. It's breaking news before it happens.

As far as players, I am sure teams have told them to keep it simple and not reveal anything that could hurt the team. I haven't seen them post anything other than; "had a good practice" etc...

I saw that, we need a base of the players accounts. Lots of fake ones around.

Stay tuned. I have an article coming out on this subject on the main page. It'll be up sometime in the next couple weeks I would think. In the mean time, if you want a good list of NFL players, you can check my follow list:

@Paul_TheHuddle

I saw that, we need a base of the players accounts. Lots of fake ones around.

I'm following over 100 NFL players now as well as major NFL news sources, ESPN/NFL Network anchors and even sporting agents. Most are verified but I also get access to these guys from other NFL player "following" lists.

And yes, I thought Twitter was rather ghey at first, but within the first week I had news drops on all sorts of stories pertinent to FF.

If you can get past Ocho's ramblings, TO's iliteracy, Darnell Dockets attempts at lady only chats and Chris Johnson's horrid illiteracy, there are some pretty golden news nuggets to be found.

my follow list can be found at: @tazinib1

Edited by tazinib1

I'm following over 50 NFL players now as well as major NFL news sources, ESPN/NFL Network anchors and even sporting agents. Most are verified but I also get access to these guys from other NFL player "following" lists.

And yes, I thought Twitter was rather ghey at first, but within the first week I had news drops on all sorts of stories pertinent to FF.

If you can get past Ocho's ramblings, TO's iliteracy, Darnell Dockets attempts at lady only chats and Chris Johnson's horrid illiteracy, there are some pretty golden news nuggets to be found.

I took to it right away and rarely visit facebook anymore. I wouldn't take anyones literacy level from their tweets, you are limited in text as we knw. Ill have to check out Johnson's though...

The military had to ban troops tweeting while on duty, makes perfect sense, on that front. Attacking these Stoopid coordinates, brb, sarge and my squad of 10 really excited!!! Yeah, that'd be bad.

Edited by satelliteoflovegm

And then there's this :wacko: :

ddockett: OMG- temmamte just farted he smell like a portable toilet "port a poty". You don't bring me flowers...ANYMORE! I'm pissed cause I was in a good mood not I can't breath.about 1 hour ago from UberTwitter

I took to it right away and rarely visit facebook anymore. I wouldn't take anyones literacy level from their tweets, you are limited in text as we knw. Ill have to check out Johnson's though...

The military had to ban troops tweeting while on duty, makes perfect sense, on that front. Attacking these Stoopid coordinates, brb, sarge and my squad of 10 really excited!!! Yeah, that'd be bad.

I'm still a facebook whore. I think both of them serve there own purpose. I'd like to have some sort of separation between hobby and work/friends.

I've talked to a few Huddlers about it now, but I have a website concept where we get ten-fifteen knowledgeable football fans on game day who are watching the local games, Sunday Ticket, at games, etc... just providing Twitter updates all day long in one location for people to follow. Everything from injury updates, to observations, opinions and in-depth insight.

The goal being to provide instant observations and depth to the game that maybe your average fan might overlook.

(If this is something you're interested in following or participating in, send me a PM)

Twitter is going to change the way we approach the world of sports as we know it, especially fantasy sports.

@shanson24

I just looked at someone I know who follows a ton of players, scouts, agents, players, and news sources and followed everyone he is. Problem is that's over 400 to follow. Good starting point though and will have to begin to Josh Gordon out.

That is an impressive list you've got there. I've added most of the players to my follow list. How confident are you that they are real accounts ?

@shanson24

I just looked at someone I know who follows a ton of players, scouts, agents, players, and news sources and followed everyone he is. Problem is that's over 400 to follow. Good starting point though and will have to begin to Josh Gordon out.

username not found?

knowledge is power. Buffalo Bills.com is reporting tweets as news now. The Huddle, I'm sure has or soon will. Why not get the info just that much sooner? Share it with each other and be all that more ahead of the fantasy game, in this case.

The Drew Bennett retirement was broken by an Adam Scheftler tweet and then it was sourced as such. So yes..I completely agree and its nice to see some collaboration of my madness.

Edited by tazinib1

:wacko: the article states that the $1701 is a fine for a cell phone going off in a meeting. The article says they haven't come

up with the fine cost for tweeting yet.

Tom Pelisario, reporter at the Pres Gazette, says that is the fine.

This is what he said-

Just during team activities -- meetings, practice, etc. No clue what the extra $1 is for. I think $1,700 always has been the sum for cell phone-related violations.

Tom Pelissero

Green Bay Press-Gazette

Nick Barnett was pushing Michael Vick last night and asking for opinions. Looks like most were negative.

Edited by Randall

I think you'll see the tweeting die out pretty fast as soon as the teams start coming down on it during the season. Someone will do something stupid and get it all shut down. Just my gut feeling.

OK, so I just signed up and went into taz's group and added a few from there but how do I go about finding other players I want that aren't in there? I mean I'm sure I can search for them by name but obviously I want the credible ones only.

Taz has a group?

Try here.