[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Michael Crabtree

darin3

:wacko:

Just heard on ESPN that Michael Crabtree is willing to sit out the 2009 season and re-enter the 2010 draft. Contract negotiations aren't going well and his agent says that his client is willing to sit out if he's not paid fairly.

What say ye?

Just heard on ESPN that Michael Crabtree is willing to sit out the 2009 season and re-enter the 2010 draft. Contract negotiations aren't going well and his agent says that his client is willing to sit out if he's not paid fairly.

What say ye?

I say Al Davis is a frickin' genius.

What say ye?

We hear this threat every year. I say the chances are close to zero that this happens. While not familiar with the details, I doubt that the offer is so low that another team next year would offer him that much more to make this make sense.

The guy was drafted 10th. He wants to be paid like he was in the top 5. Scroo'em, let him sit out. Then with a year of doing nothing he can be drafted 20th and want to be paid like he was in the top 5 and he can sit that year out too.

We hear this threat every year. I say the chances are close to zero that this happens. While not familiar with the details, I doubt that the offer is so low that another team next year would offer him that much more to make this make sense.

FWIW, I totally agree. It's just posturing that will end up not meaning jack crap. Well, it might get him an extra couple million, but whatever. So f'in stupid. Sign. Play.

Well, I think that if he does, he is going to hurt his status even more. No one iw going to want to take that risk next year, especially if he doesnt go sooner than he did this year. He needs to shut his trap and sign and get on the field. These guys are wink wink lover boy that just play for $$.

lolol....this guy isnt in the same class as fitz, randy, andre, and calvin....but i think he and his people believe that he is

go ahead and wait it out till 2010...where you go behind "rejus" benn and dez bryant...

The problem is no one knows what he is until he steps onto the field. This is why owners are pushing for a rookie salary cap. Give the money to the vets who have proven themselves.

that'll work for him. He'll fall even farther having been out of the league a year and because he is clearly a head case. why would a team pick him up in the top five or even in the top 20 next year knowing that he is like that. bugger'll likely just hold out after 2 years for a raise anyway. man - sign your contract and prove how good you are on the field, then maybe you have a leg to stand on.

Well, I think that if he does, he is going to hurt his status even more. No one iw going to want to take that risk next year, especially if he doesnt go sooner than he did this year. He needs to shut his trap and sign and get on the field. These guys are wink wink lover boy that just play for $$.

:wacko: Gotta love the swear filter.

that'll work for him. He'll fall even farther having been out of the league a year and because he is clearly a head case. why would a team pick him up in the top five or even in the top 20 next year knowing that he is like that. bugger'll likely just hold out after 2 years for a raise anyway. man - sign your contract and prove how good you are on the field, then maybe you have a leg to stand on.

I think it's his agent, tryin to be a "badass" like some of the other big-name agents. Crabtree's not smart - or passionate - enough to say "f that, I want to sign and play".

I'll give this story 3-4 days and it'll be done and over with. :wacko:

The problem is no one knows what he is until he steps onto the field. This is why owners are pushing for a rookie salary cap. Give the money to the vets who have proven themselves.

i agree with you for the most part....i still feel like if there was a consensus that he was in the same class as guys like fitz, moss, and andre/calvin...he wouldnt have lasted that long...even with the foot issue

he is doing very little to erase those diva concerns that many were talking about before and after the draft....although i guess its really only the concern of one team now....at least he isnt the slug that is mike williams

Teams are having a tougher time selling tickets. Merchandise sales figure to be down significantly. Gross revenues figure to do nothing but drop, which is what player salaries are directly tied to - and the 1st round rookies are expecting 16%+ raises across the board from last year?

That's just downright illogical. Just because a few owners are dumb enough to ante up - and Ol' Greaseball leads the way yet again in that category - don't expect them all to knuckle under for guys who haven't played a single damned down in the league yet.

What say ye?

I say he needs a new agent. That's money lost that he'd never recover, plus he'd get tagged as being an unsignable dick across the league. His draft position next year would drop like a rock.

Teams are having a tougher time selling tickets. Merchandise sales figure to be down significantly. Gross revenues figure to do nothing but drop, which is what player salaries are directly tied to - and the 1st round rookies are expecting 16%+ raises across the board from last year?

That's just downright illogical. Just because a few owners are dumb enough to ante up - and Ol' Greaseball leads the way yet again in that category - don't expect them all to knuckle under for guys who haven't played a single damned down in the league yet.

alot of people love to knock al for DHB...but i like DHB...not just trying to go against popular opinion...i watch alot of college ball(mostly for gambling purposes and getting familiar with future pros)...as much as i do pro...maybe even more because 1 time slot isnt filled watching the pats...

i really believe that in a better offense with a better qb...DHB woulda been huge...i catch alot of maryland games on raycom and espn up here....their offense and qb play was just horrible.....i know DHB has problems with drops....but so does another guy that i like quite a bit...dwayne bowe...i like DHB...and i think if russell progresses....DHB will be fine...

ive also seen quite a bit of illinois on espn....they were a team i was pretty high on last year....and they disappointed....i expect them to bounce back this year....juice to benn!....and dez is probably a better prospect than crabtree too

I think it's his agent, tryin to be a "badass" like some of the other big-name agents. Crabtree's not smart - or passionate - enough to say "f that, I want to sign and play".

I'll give this story 3-4 days and it'll be done and over with. :wacko:

It's not his agent saying this...here's what I read on ESPN.com..."it's his adviser/cousin"

San Francisco 49ers receiver Michael Crabtree is prepared to sit out this season and re-enter the NFL draft in 2010, David Wells, Crabtree's cousin and adviser, said Thursday.

"We are prepared to do it," Wells said. "Michael just wants fair-market value. They took him with the 10th pick and you have Darrius Heyward-Bey [the seventh overall pick by the Oakland Raiders] getting $38 million? This week is crucial. Michael was one of the best players in the draft and he just wants to be paid like one of the best players. This week is very crucial."

However, Crabtree's agent told ESPN.com that no such threat has been made on his part.

Addressing the report, agent Eugene Parker told ESPN.com on Thursday afternoon: "You've known me a long time and I'm not a guy who makes threats. Nor am I a guy who negotiates in the public. I don't know where this came from but no such threat has been made."

Wells said he believes the Niners have made an offer but that it is not acceptable. Wells said Crabtree is ready to start practicing and was held out of OTAs this spring by coaches only for precautionary reasons.

Crabtree, who turns 22 next month, also missed the 49ers' offseason minicamps and their organized team activities while recovering from a foot injury but was a regular presence at team headquarters for rehabilitation and strengthening workouts.

Crabtree caught 97 passes for 1,165 yards and 19 touchdowns last year during his sophomore season at Texas Tech. He finished his collegiate career with 231 receptions, 3,127 yards and 41 TDs.