[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Michael Crabtree

darin3

Gotta smile about something, yeah?

:wacko:

Actually any time we want to smile, we just remember that our local college star is playing for our team, and is now the league's #1 shutdown corner.

It makes all those Heyward Bay drops at training camp look good. :D

We know our owner is crazy. We know Crabtree is better than DHB. But at least our receiver is on the field.

:wacko:

Actually any time we want to smile, we just remember that our local college star is playing for our team, and is now the league's #1 shutdown corner.

We know our owner is crazy. We know Crabtree is better than DHB. But at least our receiver is on the field.

Do you think Asomugha will cover teams top receivers this year? THat could be very interesting.

It sounds like the media printing anything they can to drum up a story. Still, if he holds out at all he'll go into traing camp late, pull a hammy and it'll be just like he sat out for the season.

How funny would it be if he DID hold out all year, re-enter the draft, just to have a rookie cap next year! I would :wacko: all year long at him.

This is exactly what I was thinking as well. In fact I wouldn't be surprised if Goodell pushed the issue because of the absolute idiocy of this whole situation.

The rookie signing madness has to stop.

so, should the sub-title be edited since there was no official statement by him or his agent that he'd actually sit out?

Uh, no. The person he designated as his spokesperson made an official statement. Good enough for me.

Of course, since I posted this, the information has changed slightly. It's not "him" or "his agent" that is saying this... it's his "cousin", who is supposedly speaking on his behalf.

Any way you slice it, it's a childish way of handling business. Boo.

He will sign. His agent knows that if he sits out then he doesn't get paid either. No way his agent gives up a payday.

Plus in this economy with a lot of my friends and family out of work this kind of thing by athletes makes me sick to my stomach. I hope this guy is flipping burgers in a few years.

Edited by Patriots

that'll work for him. He'll fall even farther having been out of the league a year and because he is clearly a head case. why would a team pick him up in the top five or even in the top 20 next year knowing that he is like that.
Desperation. I agree with you in principal. However, how many times has something been said about a player with some issue (headcase, off field issues, legal issues, etc) only for some desperate team to take a chance on them. It may not be for the terms the player was holding out for, but if they can perform SOME team will take them.

He will sign. His agent knows that if he sits out then he doesn't get paid either. No way his agent gives up a payday.

Plus in this economy with a lot of my friends and family out of work this kind of thing by athletes makes me sick to my stomach. I hope this guy is flipping burgers in a few years.

We've seen this movie many times before and we know how it ends.

Lombardi pointed out he'll be Niners property until 1 week before the draft so he won't do pro days.

Edited by Randall

While I firmly believe he will ultimately sign, it just reminds me how much I hate WRs in general. Such a bunch of posing prima donnas. And yes, I drafted this doofus so he better sign.

Not to mention the fact that every second of camp he misses, he is hurting his own development and hurting the other 52 guys on the team, and sending the message that another X million dollars matters more to him than that. Not a good first statement to make as a pro.

The guy was drafted 10th. He wants to be paid like he was in the top 5. Scroo'em, let him sit out. Then with a year of doing nothing he can be drafted 20th and want to be paid like he was in the top 5 and he can sit that year out too.

+1

Not to mention the fact that every second of camp he misses, he is hurting his own development and hurting the other 52 guys on the team, and sending the message that another X million dollars matters more to him than that. Not a good first statement to make as a pro.

I believe there's quite a few first round picks still unsigned