[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Bernard Scott being compared to Chris Johnson?

3xcrazy

Fans will come into the gates talking about rookie defensive end Michael Johnson and they'll leave buzzing about rookie running back Bernard Scott.

Scott has already been anointed the best rookie of the first week of camp by none other than quarterback Carson Palmer. The kid has jets and a knack for getting outside. He's 5-10, 200 pounds and has already been compared to Titans running back Chris Johnson by at least one teammate after Johnson's Rookie of the Year season last year.

But Scott's not worried about showing his balls skills Friday. "That's pretty natural," he said.

"I just need to show them in a game situation I know what I'm doing," Scott said. "That I can pick up a blitz and I can adapt to the speed of the game. I've been holding my own (in blitz pickup) but I think I can get in better position."

Scott says he's going to concentrate on his hand placement and making sure the blitzers don't get their hands inside his.

Some of us have known about Scott for a while now. I drafted him on 2 of 3 of my dynasty teams and only missed him in the third league because the knowledge base of that league is so deep and others had their radar on him also (missed on TEN WR Dudley Guise in that league also, much to my disgust. Another guy people ought to know about and don't). I'm picking him as a surprise producer at RB this year as well as a candidate for OROY.

Bernard Scott - OROY. The guy has just a ton of talent, both running the ball and catching out of the backfield - legit 1st round RB type stuff. The word out on him was that it was attached to a 5 cent head, which is why he had so many issues in college and lasted so long in the draft. The latest on him is that he has had an epiphany and has matured by leaps and bounds. If that is true, he only has Cedric "The Turd" Benson ahead of him, and Scott will generate a damn site better than a well-below-the-Mendoza-line 3.4 ypc like Benson. If Palmer is back and throwing well and ChadOchoCincoJohnson has rededicated himself, that does nothing but open wider running lanes in CIN.

I love this kid as a dark horse to come out of nowhere and make a big splash. Classic low risk/high reward type pick late in a FF draft.

Edited by Bronco Billy

Some of us have known about Scott for a while now. I drafted him on 2 of 3 of my dynasty teams and only missed him in the third league because the knowledge base of that league is so deep and others had their radar on him also. I'm picking him as a surprise producer at RB this year as well as a candidate for OROY.

At least you aren't talking about his balls skills.

well, thanks to this thread, I felt the need to draft B.Scott two rounds earlier than I thought I could. I took him at 11.01 in the Huddle:Practice Squad.

I know it's dumb to think that sleepers will remain sleepy-enough long-enough, but darn, I thought I could've gotten him, like I did in the Huddle Mock...

You still got what could be a steal by the time everything shakes out for the regular season. One of the advantages of an early draft.

Some of us have known about Scott for a while now. I drafted him on 2 of 3 of my dynasty teams and only missed him in the third league because the knowledge base of that league is so deep and others had their radar on him also (missed on TEN WR Dudley Guise in that league also, much to my disgust. Another guy people ought to know about and don't). I'm picking him as a surprise producer at RB this year as well as a candidate for OROY.

Yeah no Kidding :wacko:

Man I was at a pee wee / pop warner game today and saw this kid Bernard Scott really tearing it up. I would keep an eye on him as 12 years from now he may be a steal in early rookie drafts

That is B.S. Whomper. You know that I noticed him first. :wacko:

I was in the hospital today in Vernon, Texas and I decided to go check out some of the newborns. There was this baby boy there, who just looked like he would eventually be a great running back in the NFL. He looked up at me and gave me this smirk that said "You will want to draft me in Fantasy Football some day." Keep him on your radar guys, his name is Bernard Scott.
Edited by Menudo

Watson cut

GEORGETOWN, Ky. -- The Bengals are making some changes in their running game.

Veteran running back Kenny Watson and fullback J.D. Runnels, Jr. were released by the team Monday morning.

Looks like they have some confidence in their two new RBs. One less hurdle in the way for Scott...

Watson cut

GEORGETOWN, Ky. -- The Bengals are making some changes in their running game.

Veteran running back Kenny Watson and fullback J.D. Runnels, Jr. were released by the team Monday morning.

Looks like they have some confidence in their two new RBs. One less hurdle in the way for Scott...

absolutely...this bodes well for scott

And this is why I like drafting early. Now Scott's going to be too 'expensive'.

yeah i hear you...i dont draft till september 3rd....kinda sucks.....i was still able to grab chris johnson last year in the 8th in this league too....we start mandatory 3 backs every week too...and slaton 4 rounds later.....

well see...ill be keeping my eye on scott