[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Tomlinson - Ranked third ?

chicagobob466

I'm struggling on how to value LT this year. But history shows he has a far greater potential to plummet this year instead of repeating the 2005 and 2006 glory days.

Is he getting injured cause he is getting older? Can we expect the nagging injuries he has had over the last couple seasons to vanish? Very little risk in picking a 30 year old back in the top 3?

I can appreciate his decline, in part comes from his amazing 2007 season. But to rationalize it away and completely turn a blind eye to a significant downward trend in production is nonsensical. We are discussing a 30 year old RB going who went from 5.2 to 4.7 to 3.8 YPC; I'm not going to shrug my shoulders and just say...."Meh, that's just because he had a really really good season 2 years ago."

i think it was easy to see that he was severely limited by his injury last year....yet he still played in all 16 games....as far as the injury goes I have recently started to wonder if age has anything to do with injuries....unfortunately to substantiate my initial thoughts would probably be almost impossible to do....just in case anyone is wondering what I am thinking...I am thinking that it is sorta like defying the odds....the more you play the greater your chance to get injured...particular positions like say RB probably have higher injury percentages...I really would like to do a study on all the injuries that occur in the NFL and reference the number of stats or games played along with position...i think it would be rather enlightening

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

another thing that has crossed my mind on more than one occasion is how training and medicine are so much better than in years past(be it 5, 10 or 20 or more years) or is all that offset because of the play on the defensive side getting quicker and more violent?

just something to think about

• 1 month later...
Trust me...LT is NOT losing carries to Sproles.

How can you possibly say that? Of course he's gonna lose carries to Sproles. How many, is the question. Why else would they sign Sproles to the contract they did?

If anything, he'll GAIN more carries than the previous 2 injury riddled seasons.

When people say "losing carries", it usually implies another RB is going to be phased into the offensive game plan more than the previous year. I HIGHLY doubt Sproles see's an uptick in carries, rather he'll LOSE carries.

I'll take that bet.

I say Sproles has more than the 61 carries he had last year. Tomlinson had 292 carries last year. 315 in 2007. I say he has less than 300 carries this season.

:wacko:

• 2 weeks later...
LT's significant decline of production over the last 2 years is alarming enough from a risk perspective; the limited "upside" of a 30-year old back compounds that risk.

LT may put up enough points to justify his draft position. I won't be the guy spending a top 8 pick to figure that out.

Is he getting injured cause he is getting older? Can we expect the nagging injuries he has had over the last couple seasons to vanish? Very little risk in picking a 30 year old back in the top 3?

:wacko:

Now let me tell you how Steve Slaton is working out for me in the 10th spot in a ppr.

Championship! :D

Edited by bushwacked

• 1 month later...
If anything, he'll GAIN more carries than the previous 2 injury riddled seasons.

When people say "losing carries", it usually implies another RB is going to be phased into the offensive game plan more than the previous year. I HIGHLY doubt Sproles see's an uptick in carries, rather he'll LOSE carries.

I'll take that bet.

I say Sproles has more than the 61 carries he had last year. Tomlinson had 292 carries last year. 315 in 2007. I say he has less than 300 carries this season.

Half way through the year. Let's take a look:

Sproles already has 49 attempts this year. He only needs 12 more to have more than his 61 carries of last year. . .

Tomlinson has only 91 carries. He's gonna need 209 carries to crack 300 . . . that's over 26 a game. . .

good thing you didn't take that bet tazinib. . .

Edited by CaptainHook