[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Jesse Jackson say teams colluding against VIck

polksalet

The league is colluding against Mike Vick the same way the country colluded against Reverend Jackson in the primary elections.

Jesse, it's over. Just fade away dude.

Once again, Jackson fails to look at the business side (of the NFL) and attempts to further his cause.

I am person who thinks race plays a factor in many more things than people might want to admit to and Jackson doesn't mention the "because he's black" in his statements, but I can only assume that he perceives this as a "because he's black issue" due to history.

I think several teams would be jumping at the chance to get a talented player at a very low cost if it wasn't for the PR nightmare that could follow the hiring of the QB. This isn't about Vick being an African-American, but rather the baggage that comes with him.

I am often more than willing to try and look at all sides of the story in things, but this is pure bunk to me.

Once again, Jackson fails to look at the business side (of the NFL) and attempts to further his cause.

I am person who thinks race plays a factor in many more things than people might want to admit to and Jackson doesn't mention the "because he's black" in his statements, but I can only assume that he perceives this as a "because he's black issue" due to history.

I think several teams would be jumping at the chance to get a talented player at a very low cost if it wasn't for the PR nightmare that could follow the hiring of the QB. This isn't about Vick being an African-American, but rather the baggage that comes with him.

I am often more than willing to try and look at all sides of the story in things, but this is pure bunk to me.

Bingo. Like any company, NFL teams have to take into consideration all aspects of a potential hire, including PR. If one of them thinks Vick will generate more cash than he loses, they'll hire him in a NY minute.

It would be really nice if someone finally held Jackson accountable for his ridiculous over-the-top statements and asked for his proof of collusion. That doesn't mean Vick not being hired, that means documentation of all 32 teams communicating with each other and agreeing to exclude Vick from the NFL. Even if he could provide this, there is no "right" to work in the NFL and no one has to hire Vick.

Instead, as usual, Jackson is allowed to speak directly from his ### with no accountability, which is what derived his power for him in the first place.

Jesse - go away & take Vick with you. You can even label me a racist if you want, since that's always your trump card, but just go away.

How come Jackson and Tony Dungy aren't trying to get cokehead Matt Jones back into the league? Doesn't Jones need help rehabilitating and getting himself right?

Sorry, but I see this as a racial issue and that really pisses me off. (Dungy is on TV talking about Vick... call me sily call me rude, but call me please Dungy)

Vick convinced Dungy he has changed. Has Matt Jones done that?

Look beyond the surface man, the 2 cases are not the same. Polk just likes bringing up race. Don't fall for it.

How come Jackson and Tony Dungy aren't trying to get cokehead Matt Jones back into the league? Doesn't Jones need help rehabilitating and getting himself right?

Sorry, but I see this as a racial issue and that really pisses me off. (Dungy is on TV talking about Vick... call me sily call me rude, but call me please Dungy)

so is dungy now obligated to counsel every nfl player in trouble, or is he allowed to live his life as he chooses?

Vick convinced Dungy he has changed. Has Matt Jones done that?

Look beyond the surface man, the 2 cases are not the same. Polk just likes bringing up race. Don't fall for it.

Odds are that it is about race. 99% of everything Jackson brings up is about race and nothing about facts.

The league is colluding against Mike Vick the same way the country colluded against Reverend Jackson in the primary elections.

Jesse, it's over. Just fade away dude.

For a guy that nobody cares about, a lot of you sure seem to care about him.

If nobody actually cared what Jackson said, it would no longer be news that he made some statement. But polk posted it, and it got 19 replies. Apparently, people are interested in what he said. The Washington Post reported on it, and they got a ton of page views. Guess what... they're going to show up for Jesse's next press conference, too. And it's all because of you people who don't care what he says. How ironic.

Edited by AtomicCEO

If nobody actually cared what Jackson said, it would no longer be news that he made some statement. But polk posted it, and it got 19 replies. Apparently, people are interested in what he said. The Washington Post reported on it, and they got a ton of page views. Guess what... they're going to show up for Jesse's next press conference, too.

Just like a neighbor's dog barking outside throughout the entire night, I am definitely not interested in what it is saying, but I definitely want it to shut the **** up, and I'm damn well going to comment on it. Gratingly annoying nuisances tend to do that to people...

Now if Michael Vick were white and had run this dog fighting racket would there still be an organized NFL-wide team collusion against him that Jesse Jackson would be fighting against , or would Vick just simply be a total piece of sh!t in that case?

Jesse take your race cards and stick 'em where the sun don't shine.

Edited by Crazysight

Now if Michael Vick were white and had run this dog fighting racket would there still be an organized NFL-wide team collusion against him, or would he just simply be a total piece of sh!t in that case?

Both Hopefully, But I bet Jessie Jackson wouldn't defend him.

If nobody actually cared what Jackson said, it would no longer be news that he made some statement. But polk posted it, and it got 19 replies. Apparently, people are interested in what he said. The Washington Post reported on it, and they got a ton of page views. Guess what... they're going to show up for Jesse's next press conference, too. And it's all because of you people who don't care what he says. How ironic.

Bored people need someone to talk about.