[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Is T. Suggs a LB or DL ?

if your league uses MFL :wacko:

This is interesting though Ravens roster

Lots of people hoping MFL doesn't move him to his real position

Weird huh? I'm not really sure how MFL comes up with determining position for a player like Suggs and others. With all these hybrids now adays, its gonna get really tricky.

Whoa, whoa, whoa. Before any significant decisions are made in regard to positions, especially linked to drafting, know that mfl.com uses rotoworld depth charts as it's go-to for positions. Know even further than mfl.com has not updated its positions for this year yet.

Suggs is currently listed at DE at rotoworld, but that could well change before the season starts.

Whoa, whoa, whoa. Before any significant decisions are made in regard to positions, especially linked to drafting, know that mfl.com uses rotoworld depth charts as it's go-to for positions. Know even further than mfl.com has not updated its positions for this year yet.

Suggs is currently listed at DE at rotoworld, but that could well change before the season starts.

Aha..thank you for the clarification.

just to cloud it much more...remember when suggs went to arbitration(or whatever it was) for his Franchise Tag and he thought he should be a DE and the team said LB(was cheaper to tag him as a LB)....the arbitrator or whoever ruled right down the middle...DE/LB and some sorta average on the salary because of it...the thing with suggs is that as a DE he is a top 5 or better talent in fantasy circles...but with that you have to realize the risk involved with drafting him as such because if his designation is changed to LB then his value takes a SERIOUS hit.

NFL.com currently lists him as an OLB. Not sure if they updated theirs yet, however you would

think the official site of the NFL would take precedence.

the thing is that depth charts (which is were the designations come from) are not official, ever.

NFL.com currently lists him as an OLB. Not sure if they updated theirs yet, however you would

think the official site of the NFL would take precedence.

nfl.com's depth charts are terrible. Just because it's the league's site doesn't mean it is more accurate. Rotoworld and Bob Henry (formerly with Red Eye Sports and now with a site that shall remain nameless) both put up depth charts that are superb and updated almost continuously.

Edited by Bronco Billy

nfl.com's depth charts are terrible. Just because it's the league's site doesn't mean it is more accurate. Rotoworld and Bob Henry (formerly with Red Eye Sports and now with a site that shall remain nameless) both put up depth charts that are superb and updated almost continuously.

Agreed. Rotoworld, throughout the years of FF/FB and yes, even FH, has been my fantasy bible. And it still is. For player research and depth charts, there isn't even anybody close.

:wacko:

Agreed. Rotoworld, throughout the years of FF/FB and yes, even FH, has been my fantasy bible. And it still is. For player research and depth charts, there isn't even anybody close.

I don't know...I think whomever runs that IDP depth chart at http://www.rotoworld.com/content/Depth_NFL.aspx?sport=NFL must have Suggs in all of their leagues.

They have Baltimore listed as a 4-3 defense. When was the last time Baltimore ran a 4-3? They didn't run that last year, did they?

I don't know...I think whomever runs that IDP depth chart at http://www.rotoworld.com/content/Depth_NFL.aspx?sport=NFL must have Suggs in all of their leagues.

They have Baltimore listed as a 4-3 defense. When was the last time Baltimore ran a 4-3? They didn't run that last year, did they?

they play multiple fronts

fwiw, last year during the reg. season (i havent done the playoffs yet) suggs played approximately 66% of his snaps on the DEFENSIVE LINE(yeah a few snaps here and there were on the interior)...

if you want the numbers instead of the % it was ~643 plays of 973 snaps played on the defensive line(since I did this by hand I might have miscalculated here and there but for the most part that number is probably 99% correct.

Do you calculate that yourself, or is there a site where I can get this information?

I would be interested in the same situation with other players such as:

Tamba Hali, KC - DE last year, LB this year?

Derrick Burgess - same situation as above

Kamerion Wimbley - same situation as Suggs?

Or any of the other 3-4 Outside LBs? Are there any other players in this situation as well?

Do you calculate that yourself, or is there a site where I can get this information?

I would be interested in the same situation with other players such as:

Tamba Hali, KC - DE last year, LB this year?

Derrick Burgess - same situation as above

Kamerion Wimbley - same situation as Suggs?

Or any of the other 3-4 Outside LBs? Are there any other players in this situation as well?

I have heard rumors that Aaron Kampman might be classified as a linebacker also. Can anyone confirm this? Randall?