[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Top Chef: Las Vegas

TDFFFreak

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also, if you are watching Bravo for the manly men and hot ladies, that is a you problem.

funny you mention that, because I remember back in the day, bravo was the one non-premium cable channel that you could see a little T&A on from time to time. back then, they mostly just showed "artsy" movies unedited and without commercials. I remember scanning the tv guide each week for R-rated movies on bravo :D

in any case, are there a lot of gay chefs? probably, whatever. it just seems like the producers really go out of their way to play that up on the show. I'm sure the gheys are a big audience for their show, so it's mostly a marketing thing, but isn't that sort of audience targeting potentially a little patronizing? like, "oooh, root for the lesbo....she is one of YOU!" :wacko:

For 3 seasons now I've been saying that's the exact wrong approach. Middle of the pack will get you to the next week every time. This is NOT cumulative. Don't start taking risks until you're in the final 4-6 contestants. Survive and advance.

Although the new twist of competing for cash every week in the quickfire challenge ENCOURAGES risks

Well that was interesting. Poor

Eve. Her head was completely up in the clouds--or, you know, up something else--from the get-go. Of course, nobody passed up a chance to take a crack at Michigan . . . I guess it's better she left early.

. Also, what is up with Mike's raging misogyny?

As bad as the bottom few are, I think the top six or so are really, really good. The back half of the season is going to be incredible.

Peace

policy

I've been to Zatinya in DC a couple of times. It's a Greek/Mediterranean tapas place and it is really good. As such, I want to root for Mike the chef from there, but he is such a major ass clown than I just can't bring myself to do it. BTW, they do an olive oil ice cream there than is fantastic.

+1

She seems to be a strong chef and smart about the competition.

Oh, but the attitude! She is one that could accidently get stuck in a meat locker.

#1.....this has been my favorite show on TV for a few years......LOL. :D Gotta love Padma......Gayle is terrific and damned if Colicchio isn't the cutest and hottest man on TV right now. Yes.......you heard me......ADORABLE. :2cents: LOVE his Diet Coke commercial. :2cents:

OK....."watermelon ceviche".....what's up with her "I don't think it's fair we have to serve engaged couples because WE (read ghey community) can't be a part of that institution."??? :D Come on.....get over it, seriously. YOU are in the service industry. If you have a restaurant, are you seriously going to refuse to serve/book rehearsal dinners or big wedding gigs.....because there is no law allowing lesbians to marry?? Really?

Way to limit your clientele......dumbass. :2cents:

Sort of like......oh......say......heterosexual restaurant owners refusing to serve gheys? :wacko:

Keep your personal life out of your business. :D Just serve great food.......whoTF cares?

And Az.....I would say half of our back of the house was openly ghey. And this was 15 years ago now......lol. Chefs to sous chefs to prep cooks to dishwashers and even 50% of our managers. Front of the house.....same but maybe a little lower percentage. Depends on the place and image your owner wants out front. Most service industry fields are a haven for alternative lifestyles. :D

That chick with the mouth piercings must go. I hope I never see her on my TV again after this week.

Agreed...enough with the crying and blubbering every time the camera is on you...and stop making crappy food, actually keep making crappy food and please get thrown off this week.

Agreed...enough with the crying and blubbering every time the camera is on you...and stop making crappy food, actually keep making crappy food and please get thrown off this week.

Perhaps all that metal in her mouth is the reason she can't taste her food and tell that it's crap.

OK....."watermelon ceviche".....what's up with her "I don't think it's fair we have to serve engaged couples because WE (read ghey community) can't be a part of that institution."??? :D Come on.....get over it, seriously. YOU are in the service industry. If you have a restaurant, are you seriously going to refuse to serve/book rehearsal dinners or big wedding gigs.....because there is no law allowing lesbians to marry?? Really?

Way to limit your clientele......dumbass. :D

Sort of like......oh......say......heterosexual restaurant owners refusing to serve gheys? :wacko:

Keep your personal life out of your business. :D Just serve great food.......whoTF cares?

:D

Well said Bunz. I was thinking the same thing during that episode.

That was unquestionably the best-done quickfire ever.

I loved both the reward (getting to sit and eat the elimination-challenge meal with that modern French cooking Hall of Fame), and the bottom three cooking "one bite to save their lives".

. In terms of the quality of the challenge, the culinary star power, and the execution of the food, I can't remember a better episode of TC, especially this early in the season.

Peace

policy

Edited by policyvote

Glad to see who went home in the quickfire , , , snails are a tough subject to do. Kudos to the chefs that pulled it off.

I am surprised at who went home at the end, only because I thought the grading would have been tougher on the guy who did the sauce so poorly for the other bottom team.

What a group to cook for . . . .

I gotta think that there's more than just the food going on in the judges minds. The one that got eliminated hadn't shown at all so far during the competition, perhaps there was a bit of "let's just get rid of them now because the others might still hit" mentality.

Yes, this was one of the best quickfires evah.

I loved it when Colichio said "I'm nervous just eating with these people...I couldn't imagine cooking for them." :wacko:

Good episode. I do wish the loser of the quickfire had the opportunity to cook for them however. I think he has been busting out some interesting food all year and would've loved to have seen what he came up with.

I loved it when Colichio said "I'm nervous just eating with these people...I couldn't imagine cooking for them." :wacko:

Good episode. I do wish the loser of the quickfire had the opportunity to cook for them however. I think he has been busting out some interesting food all year and would've loved to have seen what he came up with.

do you mean the winner?

I agree it was a good overall episode.