[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

New League -- BEST DRAFTER IN THE HUDDLE

muck

FYI, we have three propsective owners that I'm waiting to hear back from ... we have 11 owners and would like at least one more:

Atlanta Cracker

Big Country

Brentastic

Bronco Billy

Chief Dick

GK Trey

Muck

TDFFFreak

Tonorator

Yukon Cornelius

Zooty

So, if all three of the prospective owners pass, I wanted to bump this to see if there was anyone else out there that wanted to get their name on the list.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've got a couple of questions,

1. How will draft order be determined? I would assume it would be a dice roll, but how are you going to make it even? Are you going to have places 1-4 in the first draft, roll for places 5-8 in the second, and 9-12 in the third draft? Personally I've always liked drafting on the ends, so I'd probably be a little pissed if we just rolled dice three times and I ended up with the 5, 6, and 7 spot in the three drafts.

2. You said no trades, and no waivers, I would assume this means during the season. Could trades be done prior to the start of the season? What about trading draft picks?

3. I definitely prefer slow drafts, at this point particularly with there being so many in this league, if we do decide on a live draft, what happens if a guy just can't make it at that day/time?

1. How will draft order be determined? I would assume it would be a dice roll, but how are you going to make it even? Are you going to have places 1-4 in the first draft, roll for places 5-8 in the second, and 9-12 in the third draft? Personally I've always liked drafting on the ends, so I'd probably be a little pissed if we just rolled dice three times and I ended up with the 5, 6, and 7 spot in the three drafts.

Draft order is set as follows:

Draft slots are grouped into sets (i.e., picks 1, 8, 12 are a group ... picks 3, 6, 10 are another group ... etc ...).

There are three sets of each grouping (i.e., there will be three owners that have picks 1, 8 and 12, rotating through in different drafts).

Owners get to pick the grouping of their choice on a FCFS basis based on when they signed up in the league forum (so, the first guy who signed up for the league will have dibs as to which grouping they want).

The closest thing we have to "three picks right in the middle" would be picks 4, 5 and 9.

2. You said no trades, and no waivers, I would assume this means during the season. Could trades be done prior to the start of the season? What about trading draft picks?

No trades during, before or after the season. There is no keeper aspect to these rosters. Fresh start each offseason. No activity (other than smack talk) during the season.

3. I definitely prefer slow drafts, at this point particularly with there being so many in this league, if we do decide on a live draft, what happens if a guy just can't make it at that day/time?

Currently scheduled to have three slow drafts starting sometime between 11pm August 29th and 5pm August 30th (depending on what my schedule will allow for and whether or not MFL can have an auto-start) ... plus ... a live (chatroom) auction which has been tentatively set for 8pm (central) on September 2nd. If the day/time for the auction won't work for everyone, we'll have a 4th slow draft starting at the same time as the others (and I'll rejigger the draft picks discussed in question #1 above).

All four drafts are based on the scoring system we used in Cowboys & Indians.

1. I'd be real hesitant to get involved if it was first come first served, as I believe I'd be left with whatever was left. I'd be much more inclined to join if it was a dice roll.

2. I was talking about trading draft picks for other draft pick during the draft. But was more curious than anything else really don't care too much.

1. I'd be real hesitant to get involved if it was first come first served, as I believe I'd be left with whatever was left. I'd be much more inclined to join if it was a dice roll.

2. I was talking about trading draft picks for other draft pick during the draft. But was more curious than anything else really don't care too much.

I'm good with whatever you decide muck, but I think we'll be better off if we do a randomizing (dice roll, you draw names out of a hat, etc.) for the which pick grouping goes to which guys. Just leave it all to chance.

To muck's credit he does stand by his idea of choosing your draft grouping while inserting himself at the 7th spot of choosing overall. Ultimately, I don't think it's going to matter all that much. FWIW...

Edited by TDFFFreak

Perch-

I believe that letting draft spots go FCFS is no less random than a dice roll - some people like the swing picks, others do not. I have no idea or prediction as to what group of picks will be available to the last guy.

If I can find your number, I will give you a call this morning. Alternatively, drop me a pm w/ your number.

One of the three guys took the 12th spot.

One is still outstanding. And, one said "no".

Perch...we will be a 14 team league if you and the other guy who's still outstanding say "yes". Otherwise, we will be a 12 team league.

Perch-

I believe that letting draft spots go FCFS is no less random than a dice roll - some people like the swing picks, others do not. I have no idea or prediction as to what group of picks will be available to the last guy.

If I can find your number, I will give you a call this morning. Alternatively, drop me a pm w/ your number.

Considering the rotation of picks through the 3 drafts, I'm not seeing where this is a big issue.

I'll bow out this year, but may be interested next year. I really am less prepared this year than I ever have been, and have pretty much been flying by the seat of my pants on most of the drafts I've taken part in so far.

FINAL LEAGUE MEMBERSHIP:

Atlanta Cracker

Big Country

Brentastic

Bronco Billy

Chief Dick

GK Trey

Muck

TDFFFreak

Tonorator

Yukon Cornelius

The Hitter

geeteebee

NOTE: We are considering an idea where EVERYONE HERE could compete with us in a contest ... we're working on logistics and I'm discussing it with DMD tonight. No details available at this time. :wacko:

• 2 weeks later...

Just a quick bump:

First, there will be no contest this year; it may resurface for future years. You've been warned!

Second, we are knee deep into four drafts and our auction is Wednesday night:

* Drafts 1-3 are 20 round traditional serpentine drafts

* Draft 4 is an eight round "TEAM" draft ... each owner picks "team" positions ... i.e., "TEAM CIN QB" or "TEAM NOR TE" ... etc ... [i'll post the interim results of that below because it's a pretty unique idea]

Scoring is identical for all leagues:

6.00pts = ALL touchdowns

-3.00pts = INTs thrown

0.05 pts / passing yard

0.10 pts / rushing or receiving yard

0.25 pts / rushing attempt (regardless of position)

0.25 pts / RB reception

1.50 pts / WR reception

2.00 pts / TE (or QB) reception

2.00 pts / two point conversion

1.01 WR - ARI

1.02 WR - NE

1.03 RB - CAR

1.04 RB - NYG

1.05 WR - GB

1.06 RB - DAL

1.07 WR - NO

1.08 WR - IND

1.09 QB - NE

1.10 WR - HOU

1.11 RB - TEN

1.12 RB - JAX

2.01 RB - SD

2.02 TE - DAL

2.03 RB - CHI

2.04 WR - CIN

2.05 RB - MIN

2.06 WR - BUF

2.07 QB - NO

2.08 RB - NO

2.09 QB - IND

2.10 QB - GB

2.11 RB - ATL

2.12 QB - PHI

3.01 WR - PHI

3.02 TE - ATL

3.03 WR - NYG

3.04 WR - SD

3.05 WR - KC

3.06 TE - SD

3.07 QB - ARI

3.08 WR - SEA

3.09 WR - CAR

3.10 WR - ATL

3.11 WR - PIT

3.12 WR - DET

4.01 WR - MIN

4.02 WR - CLE

4.03 QB - SD

4.04 TE - CHI

4.05 QB - DAL

4.06 TE - TB

4.07 WR - DAL

4.08 TE - IND

4.09 WR - WAS

4.10 WR - DEN

4.11 RB - PHI

4.12 RB - STL

5.01 TE - HOU

5.02 QB - CIN

5.03 WR - CHI

For the first year, all owners will be invited to return unless their W/L percentage across the leagues is < 0.300.

Because some of us are expecting certain others of us to fail miserably, we have a waiting list for future years' invites.

Feel free to post here if you'd like your name added.

Will post additional stuff once we get the rest of the "team draft" done and I will post links to the serpentine drafts and the auction once they are done (don't want anybody lurking mid-draft if we can help it).

:wacko: