[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Pack Making Excuses?

Ed Hoyle

Since only one person has responded, I thought I'd link to the original.

Favre supporter, Packer Fan, Either, or Both...

It sounds like the Media and McCheesy are trying to make excuses. Let's see how this year turns out.

What ghost will they blame after this year if they fail to beat 6-10 or 8-8...we're young. The D/ST didn't gell with the new system. Our Rookie D/ST star didn't sign and missed time.

Also, the comments from many of the responders are divided as Favre Supporters and those that believe TT did the right thing.

Time will tell....Time will tell....

Original Post = http://forums.thehuddle.com/index.php?s=&a...t&p=2895884

Link to Article = http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/9906286...he-Favre-circus

Thing is...

Why is Fox still digging this up?

Why would a professionally paid Coach, GM, and Team need to make excuses.

When they "Fail" this year it will be as a Team.

Regardless, many still believe they made the wrong choice. You can call us pseudo-Packer Fans...whatever...people still think TT is a doofus, and McCarthy too.

Time will tell....but come up with another excuse when they fail.

IMHO Rogers will be "Good" but not GREAT. The Pack will be back to the 80's as a Team nothing near the 90's.

Time will tell......

Thing is...

Why is Fox still digging this up?

Why would a professionally paid Coach, GM, and Team need to make excuses.

When they "Fail" this year it will be as a Team.

Regardless, many still believe they made the wrong choice. You can call us pseudo-Packer Fans...whatever...people still think TT is a doofus, and McCarthy too.

Time will tell....but come up with another excuse when they fail.

IMHO Rogers will be "Good" but not GREAT. The Pack will be back to the 80's as a Team nothing near the 90's.

Time will tell......

What you call making excuses others would call explaining the situation.

:wacko:

Seems like you're making excuses above. What are you trying to hide?

The majority of the people on this site are very educated (with the obvious exclusion of Mr Hoyle). I believe the majority of the people on this site agree that TT made the right decision when it comes down to Favre. There are way too many people out there who have a blind love for all that is Favre. Favre was great and will always be a great Packer but the time was up and he is no longer at the level he once was. At this point Aaron Rodgers is a better QB - he might not end up with better career stats but at this point he is better.

Go find another team to be a fan of because anyone who puts one player up on a pedestal and wishes for the rest of the organization to fail should not be considered a fan of said organization.

Edited by gbpfan1231

More educated? I doubt it. Some probably, but majority? That depends on how your opinion. Maybe in football, but elsewhere...I doubt it.

Many just don't like my vocalization or opinion on what I think about the Packers Organization. Not the team, but the organization (i.e. - TT, McCarthy, Murphy). There is a difference. While I like Favre as a QB over ARodg, I'll concede right now he's better athletically...as a leader, no. But, he has years to develop that. I just don't see him having the storied career or leading the team to what Favre did. Many of you even agree.

I'll be a fan how I want. There are still many in GB who believe as I do. Some are season ticket holders and have been for years. Tell them they are not fans. Many of us just disagree with TT and how it was all handled. Many of us see the picture as TT wanting Favre out since day 1. So, we just don't agree and leave it at that.

Time will tell whether or not he's a genius, or an "Odd Ball".

So, for now, I'll let it go. I'll quit bashing TT and his cohorts.

But, when the TT and McCarthy fail, it will be something to see what excuses people have. I will enjoy seeing who the new scapegoat is.

Good Luck.

Edited by Ed Hoyle

More educated? I doubt it. Some probably, but majority. That depends on how your opinion.

Many just don't like my vocalization or opinion on what I think about the Packers Organization. Not the team, but the organization. There is a difference.

No Problem. I'll be a fan how I want. There are still many in GB who believe as I do. Some are season ticket holders and have been for years. Tell them they are not fans.

But, when the Packers fail, it will be something to see what excuses people have. I will enjoy seeing who the new scapegoat is.

Good Luck.

Maybe it's an insidious weakening of traditional fan support that is undermining the future of the club ... :wacko:

Many just don't like my vocalization or opinion on what I think about the Packers Organization.

No, I just don't like you. You're a jackass that is always bringing up Favre non-sense. McCarthy said last year at this time was a distraction. To say it wasn't is foolish. You don't like the packers, we still don't care. QFT.

And you absolutely have my vote for Newbie Tool of the Year award.

Bummer. LMFAO That makes me feel bad. I don't care for you either.

You sound like "Anyone who hates TT/McCheesy is Dumb" material...just because someone doesn't think like you. Maybe that's why you jump on anyone who doesn't like TT. You are secretly his "love child"?

Edited by Ed Hoyle

You sound like "Fudgepacker of the year Award" material...just because someone doesn't think like you. Maybe that's why you jump on anyone who doesn't like TT. You are secretly his "love child"?

Anytime you can get Fudgepacker in a sentence gets a big :wacko: from me.

A very underrated word, IEHOI.

Do newbie tools usually stay around for more than 1 year? I'm ready for this oil and vinegar bag to go.

Yes, the list of former newbie tools around these parts is long and distinguished. They're just called tools now. Not saying Ed belongs there...he's obviously very passionate about all things Favre/Thompson. I don't agree with his point at all and it seems as if nearly everyone else disagrees with him as well, but he is entitled to his opinion.

Edited by The Wolf

You sound like "Anyone who hates TT/McCheesy is Dumb" material...just because someone doesn't think like you. Maybe that's why you jump on anyone who doesn't like TT. You are secretly his "love child"?

Not really, anyone can think what they want about Ted Thompson and Mike McCarthy, but at least have a valid reason for doing so. Your non-sense and ramblings aren't valid. Your hatred is purely because they wouldn't allow Favre to call his shots all the time, and were looking out for what was best for the franchise. To say McCarthy can't coach is insane, as his offensive mind has led to one of the best offenses in the league. The defense last year was a disaster. From predictability to injuries, just horrible. What happened? McCarthy and Ted went out and brought in Dom Capers, a terrific defensive mind.

You fail to grasp where Favre and the packers were before they took over. Mike Sherman's reign of error left no depth and average at best starters at a lot of positions. They went 4-12. They immediatley won twice as many games that next year, then went to the NFC Championship. Oh, they also brought Favre back from the dead and turned him into a guy who got some MVP votes. Say what you want about them, but also realize people were saying Favre was done at the end of the Sherman era. Mike McCarthy brought him back. Look across the board at the depth at every position. Even if you don't like Ted Thompson, you can't doubt the depth that he's brought in. His only real knock is top line talent. Yes, AJ Hawk has been a major disappointment, but Greg Jennings, Aaron Rodgers, Nick Collins, and the signing of Charles Woodson would contest that.

No one is saying Ted Thompson is the greatest GM in the world, nor is anyone comparing Mike McCarthy to Vince Lombardi. I think Ted Thompson has done miracles reworking this team from the ground up, as has McCarthy with bringing the packers offense from 22nd in points scored and 18th in yards to 22nd in points and 9th in yards for. In his second year those numbers jumped to 4th in points scored and 2nd in yards. Last year they were 5th in points scored and 8th in yards. And that was without your leader, Favre under center. While McCarthy is the head coach, he's still an offensive mind, and remains focused on the offensive gameplan. In my opinion, the nay-sayers will have some footing to stand on if this year is a disaster. If they packers win the division and make some noise in the playoffs, then it will be hard to deny what they've managed to do in the short time they've been running things.

In short, your hatred of Ted Thompson and Mike McCarthy doesn't come from production or lack of production, but because you love Favre more than the Green Bay Packers. That's fine, it doesn't bother me at all. I know there are people like you that feel the way. I remember hearing about the H.R. Puffenstuffs at last years TC that had there kids cursing at Aaron Rodgers. You're that guy. It's fine, but please stop with making every post about how you hate the packers, but are really a fan. It's weak, and your game has grown old.

Edited by piratesownninjas

Not really, anyone can think what they want about Ted Thompson and Mike McCarthy, but at least have a valid reason for doing so. Your non-sense and ramblings aren't valid. Your hatred is purely because they wouldn't allow Favre to call his shots all the time, and were looking out for what was best for the franchise. To say McCarthy can't coach is insane, as his offensive mind has led to one of the best offenses in the league. The defense last year was a disaster. From predictability to injuries, just horrible. What happened? McCarthy and Ted went out and brought in Dom Capers, a terrific defensive mind.

You fail to grasp where Favre and the packers were before they took over. Mike Sherman's reign of error left no depth and average at best starters at a lot of positions. They went 4-12. They immediatley won twice as many games that next year, then went to the NFC Championship. Oh, they also brought Favre back from the dead and turned him into a guy who got some MVP votes. Say what you want about them, but also realize people were saying Favre was done at the end of the Sherman era. Mike McCarthy brought him back. Look across the board at the depth at every position. Even if you don't like Ted Thompson, you can't doubt the depth that he's brought in. His only real knock is top line talent. Yes, AJ Hawk has been a major disappointment, but Greg Jennings, Aaron Rodgers, Nick Collins, and the signing of Charles Woodson would contest that.

No one is saying Ted Thompson is the greatest GM in the world, nor is anyone comparing Mike McCarthy to Vince Lombardi. I think Ted Thompson has done miracles reworking this team from the ground up, as has McCarthy with bringing the packers offense from 22nd in points scored and 18th in yards to 22nd in points and 9th in yards for. In his second year those numbers jumped to 4th in points scored and 2nd in yards. Last year they were 5th in points scored and 8th in yards. And that was without your leader, Favre under center. While McCarthy is the head coach, he's still an offensive mind, and remains focused on the offensive gameplan. In my opinion, the nay-sayers will have some footing to stand on if this year is a disaster. If they packers win the division and make some noise in the playoffs, then it will be hard to deny what they've managed to do in the short time they've been running things.

In short, your hatred of Ted Thompson and Mike McCarthy doesn't come from production or lack of production, but because you love Favre more than the Green Bay Packers. That's fine, it doesn't bother me at all. I know there are people like you that feel the way. I remember hearing about the H.R. Puffenstuffs at last years TC that had there kids cursing at Aaron Rodgers. You're that guy. It's fine, but please stop with making every post about how you hate the packers, but are really a fan. It's weak, and your game has grown old.

Why are you making a rational argument? The only thing he wants to hear is, "Favre is God, TT and McCheesy suck". Anything else is well beyond his comprehension.

Besides, his "FudgePackers" statement that he edited smells like a Vikes' fan on a fishing trip...

Good point pirate.

But, I disagree with the fans who had their kids curse ARodg. I may not care for the guy, but sportsmaship is taught and modeled. I may spout off here to get a reaction from people who have a different opinion, but I'd never allow my kids to do that. I'd even scoff the doofus who would let his kid do that. Unfortunately, some people are even that far out even by my standards.

Fanatics are different than fans. I know I walk that rope pretty tightly and could go either way depending on the subject, but I'd not go that far.

As for McCarthy bringing Brett back from the dead, that could be partly due to Brett too. Offensive mind, that's a loaded question. They have the numbers no doubt.

But, what happened to the gameplan for the Giants NFC Championship game? How many yards did Grant have? How many times did we try to establish a running game?? (Yes, Saint Favre threw the dumb INT to end it.) McCarthy didn't have much of a plan then. There were a few games last year where they were predictable once again. We'll see if they put up the same numbers this year.

I am biased for sure. You say it is just hatred, but you know I just don't think his rebuild from the draft is working. The D/ST is proof of that. So, we'll always have that excuse I suppose. I just don't think TT-McCarthy-Rodgers will do what Wolf-Holmgren-Favre did.

When the whole fiasco started last year, there were just as many players divided who said they'd welcome Brett back too. The team was even divided. But, my main point in starting this all was "Why the heck are they making excuses and why can't FOX let it go?". Explaining the situation was more like placing blame. They train as a team and they lose as a team.

Let's wait and see. If I'm wrong at the end of 3 years, then I'll be the first to jump up and say "I WAS UNDOUBTEDLY WRONG!". But, if I'm right, I'd expect the same from the Favre Bashers too.

Why are you making a rational argument? The only thing he wants to hear is, "Favre is God, TT and McCheesy suck". Anything else is well beyond his comprehension.

Besides, his "FudgePackers" statement that he edited smells like a Vikes' fan on a fishing trip...

The only way I'd cheer for Vikes or Bears is if Favre were there....otherwise, no frigging way. ;-) LOL

We already have one turncoat in our family that cheers for the Purple of the North.

As per comprehension, stand up, you're cutting your air supply. One handed typing isn't your strong suit is it?

Good point pirate.

As for McCarthy bringing Brett back from the dead, that could be partly due to Brett too. Offensive mind, that's a loaded question. They have the numbers no doubt.

Favre was -9 in TD to INT ratio in 05, even in 06, +13 in 07, and then even in New York. It can very easily be said that in MM's second year, Favre bought into the system and that's why he was +13. In 07 he also had his second highest completion percentage in his storied career.

But, what happened to the gameplan for the Giants NFC Championship game? How many yards did Grant have? How many times did we try to establish a running game?? (Yes, Saint Favre threw the dumb INT to end it.) McCarthy didn't have much of a plan then. There were a few games last year where they were predictable once again. We'll see if they put up the same numbers this year.

1. The fact that Green Bay was in the NFC championship game should tell you something.

2. Grant had 29 yards rushing on 13 carries. They ran for a total of 28 yards on 14 carries for a net of 2 yards a carry.

3. What you saw was a better team come in and control the game. The Giants had the ball nearly twice as long as Green Bay. The Giants ran 79 offensive plays compared to Green Bay's 49. The Giants offense also did not turn the ball over. I'm not so sure you can blame McCarthy for not being able to hang 24 on a team that would eventually go on and beat the 16-0 New England Patriots who had 50 TD Brady and Randy Moss.

I am biased for sure. You say it is just hatred, but you know I just don't think his rebuild from the draft is working. The D/ST is proof of that. So, we'll always have that excuse I suppose. I just don't think TT-McCarthy-Rodgers will do what Wolf-Holmgren-Favre did.

1. This is the same defense that was ranked 6th in the league in 07, then reverted back to 05 form, a large part due to key players missing significant time. Cullen Jenkins, Nick Barnett, Atari Bigby, Al Harris. Yes they sucked as a unit last year, no it wasn't Ted Thompsons fault everything that could have gone wrong did.

2. The Wolf/Holmgren/Favre era produced a Super Bowl victory. Who knows what this team will do, but no one even compared the two. You're complaint here makes no sense as you should be comparing Ted/McCarthy/Rodgers to Mike Sherman and Favre.

When the whole fiasco started last year, there were just as many players divided who said they'd welcome Brett back too. The team was even divided. But, my main point in starting this all was "Why the heck are they making excuses and why can't FOX let it go?". Explaining the situation was more like placing blame. They train as a team and they lose as a team.

Not true. Players said that they'd welcome Favre back if he was to return. Most notably Donald Driver. Of course most players are not going to come out and tell Favre to stay away. The team was not divided. The team was distracted.

McCarthy wasn't making excuses for last year, he was saying that this TC is a lot less stressful/drama free then what he went through last year. Are you really this thick headed?