[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Giants News

3xcrazy

RB Brandon Jacobs is showing marked improvement as a receiver out of the backfield. This will make him even a more dangerous individual out of the backfield. RB Ahmad Bradshaw has been solid thus far in camp. Youngsters Danny Ware and Andre Brown have shown good progress also.

So far, WR Steve Smith looks like Eli’s favorite receiver. I believe he will be the go to guy on key downs and should do very well in PPR leagues. WR Domenik Hixon is the other incumbent but he will get plenty of competition from the other young receivers in camp. Exciting rookie WR Hakeem Nicks is currently dinged with a hammy. Hopefully, this doesn’t hold him back because I think he could make an impact this year. WR Mario Manningham has also fl

Moss and Manningham continue to be the first players everyone mentions when asked about the Giants WRs in camp thus far. I've read that Nicks has been "up & down", and now has the hamstring issue. Ramses Barden is another guy mentioned a lot. I take it all with a grain of salt. If Moss continues like this throughout camp without getting injured, then I think he can make a contribution (at least early on until he gets hurt again, sorry, no confidence in him). I am more excited about seeing what Manningham can do than about getting my hopes up about Moss again, or the rookies (for this season).

It's been said a lot here before but I continue to believe Smith & Hixon start the season at 1 and 2, with the younger guys getting more looks as the season goes on.

I can't remember looking this forward to watching preseason games, just to see the RB and WR depth and who has a chance to move up. Panthers at Giants next Monday night!! :wacko:

Moss and Manningham continue to be the first players everyone mentions when asked about the Giants WRs in camp thus far. I've read that Nicks has been "up & down", and now has the hamstring issue. Ramses Barden is another guy mentioned a lot. I take it all with a grain of salt. If Moss continues like this throughout camp without getting injured, then I think he can make a contribution (at least early on until he gets hurt again, sorry, no confidence in him). I am more excited about seeing what Manningham can do than about getting my hopes up about Moss again, or the rookies (for this season).

It's been said a lot here before but I continue to believe Smith & Hixon start the season at 1 and 2, with the younger guys getting more looks as the season goes on.

I can't remember looking this forward to watching preseason games, just to see the RB and WR depth and who has a chance to move up. Panthers at Giants next Monday night!! :wacko:

That's exactly how I feel and I really like Steve Smith to have the best value especially in PPR leagues. I believe that eventually Hixon will return to ST where he belongs and that Nicks takes his spot.

Edited by irish

RB Brandon Jacobs is showing marked improvement as a receiver out of the backfield. This will make him even a more dangerous individual out of the backfield. RB Ahmad Bradshaw has been solid thus far in camp. Youngsters Danny Ware and Andre Brown have shown good progress also.

So far, WR Steve Smith looks like Eli’s favorite receiver. I believe he will be the go to guy on key downs and should do very well in PPR leagues. WR Domenik Hixon is the other incumbent but he will get plenty of competition from the other young receivers in camp. Exciting rookie WR Hakeem Nicks is currently dinged with a hammy. Hopefully, this doesn’t hold him back because I think he could make an impact this year. WR Mario Manningham has also fl

How are you at Texans' camp and Giants' camp at the same time? :wacko:

Moss is the WR I'm most looking forward to seeing in preseason, seems like its always one thing or another with this kid.

The defense is going to be just flat out good...

Getting creative along the defensive front

Wondering how the Giants are going to get all their defensive linemen on the field this season? Well, apparently defensive coordinator Bill Sheridan has come up with one creative way. He lined them up in a 5-1-5 alignment at practice today, with DE Justin Tuck as the nose tackle, Jay Alford and Barry Cofield flanking him at tackle, and Mathias Kiwanuka and Osi Umenyiora at the ends.

“And there’s more to come,” Coughlin said. “Guys that are not practicing are part of the package too.”

The idea, Coughlin said, is to use “different alignments to try to create some issues for people.” And apparently Sheridan has many more ideas.

“With Osi back it’ll give us even more flexibility,” Couglin said. “That’s just getting started.”

replace Cofield with Canty and that is going to be pretty sick

nj.com:

PLAYER;;GRADE;;THE SKINNY

Ramses Barden;;B+;;The grade is fitting because he's been more than just big so far.

Domenik Hixon;;B;;Not as dominant as he was in last year's camp, but still solid.

Derek Hagan;;A-;;A lot of people forgot about the former third-round pick, but he's reminded them of his ability lately.

Mario Manningham;;C-;;Had a couple of bad mental errors recently and didn't finish a few makeable plays downfield.

Sinorice Moss;;B;;Last year in camp, he had a lot of drops. He's cleaned those up now and has been open downfield.

Hakeem Nicks;;Incomplete;;His absence hasn't helped matters, but he expects to be back on the field tomorrow.

Steve Smith;;B;;Had a few uncharacteristic drops but made some real nice plays before being sidelined with a knee injury.

David Tyree;;D;;Practice has never been his thing; he's a gamer. But he better start practicing like he plays.

I will post this site like I usually do every preseason:

http://www.bigblueinteractive.com/

They have daily blog postings from the ny daily news and star ledger(nj.com) for the giants training camp sessions. If you also click on the training camp section you will get highly detailed reviews of each practice from some guy that attends all of the practices(marty from albany). I've been reading his stuff for the last 3 years and it is pretty good. Also, regarding Ramses Barden... Look at the picture on the homepage of him, maybe it's just the angle or the fact that he is up in the air, but damn he is huge. I know he is tall, but his hand looks monsterous.

Edited by timberho27