[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Mike Wallace - WR Steelers

Menudo

He might give you 25 points one week and 5 the next.

In a PPR league, he's scored under 10 points five times and over 20 points four times so far this year.

Very few receivers score consistently week in and week out. In his 2nd year, he came into this week as the #11 WR in my PPR league, not bad at all.

Very few receivers score consistently week in and week out. In his 2nd year, he came into this week as the #11 WR in my PPR league, not bad at all.

Well he's a homerun hitter that strikes out a few times more than others do. Not the model of consistency that some other receivers are. Hell even tonight, he'd be a disappointment if not for the one big play of the game. Would you be satisfied with a 2/50 game out of him?

Well he's a homerun hitter that strikes out a few times more than others do. Not the model of consistency that some other receivers are. Hell even tonight, he'd be a disappointment if not for the one big play of the game. Would you be satisfied with a 2/50 game out of him?

He's only in his 2nd year, and most receivers don't emerge until their third or 4th year.

Here are his numbers this year going into tonight:

8.200 4.500 36.900 4.500 B 21.000 19.300 7.300 25.000 39.600 28.500 6.300 12.600 14.000 18.000

After Week 4 (when Ben came back), he had only 2 weeks of scoring under 10 points.......not bad.

He's only in his 2nd year, and most receivers don't emerge until their third or 4th year.

Here are his numbers this year going into tonight:

8.200 4.500 36.900 4.500 B 21.000 19.300 7.300 25.000 39.600 28.500 6.300 12.600 14.000 18.000

After Week 4 (when Ben came back), he had only 2 weeks of scoring under 10 points.......not bad.

He's a great player. No doubt about that.

Luckily I have him on my team in the championship this week. Too bad I wasn't smart enough to start him. :wacko:

+1 :tup:

I started Steve Johnson instead. Just hoping it won't be the difference in my game. Always rough when a guy you didn't start has a great Thursday night.

• 2 weeks later...
60 catches, buyer beware with the ADP he will most likely going at

Fair enough, but, keep some things in mind. Roethlisberger was out 4 games this year. Hines Ward is declining and will continue to do so. I think he only has one year left. Also, the offensive line started 8 different sets. A more consistent O-Line should help the passing game. Also, Wallace's unbelievable skills are hard to not take advantage of. He will also be in his 3rd year next year, which seems to often be a year of great improvement for WR's.

On the negative side, Emmanuel Sanders continues to emerge as a solid option, and could take some looks away from Wallace.

Fair enough, but, keep some things in mind. Roethlisberger was out 4 games this year. Hines Ward is declining and will continue to do so. I think he only has one year left. Also, the offensive line started 8 different sets. A more consistent O-Line should help the passing game. Also, Wallace's unbelievable skills are hard to not take advantage of. He will also be in his 3rd year next year, which seems to often be a year of great improvement for WR's.

On the negative side, Emmanuel Sanders continues to emerge as a solid option, and could take some looks away from Wallace.

forgot about Big Ben missing the 1st 4....with BB at QB for 12 games this is what Wallace's numbers extrapolate to: 68 1395 10.6TDs

not saying he isn't talented or that I don't think he will do well..just that those really high YPC low catch type WRs can be risky (look at Braylon a few years ago for one example)...especially if people are going to draft it in the top 10 of the position...and I agree and hope you are right about sanders...and I could be wrong but wouldn't sanders be the type of WR to take more from Ward than Wallace?

Edited by keggerz

I wish I had read this thread last year before my dynasty draft!

Anyway this year I was super high on him and in my FFPC new dynasty league started this year I traded my 2011 1st round pick during the start up draft this year plus my 10th round start up pick to land Mike Wallace in the early 6th round pick 62 I believe it was.

I think it was a steal. I really was high on him coming into this year in dynasty format.

I got tons of trade offers for him when Big Ben came back but I passed on them all.

forgot about Big Ben missing the 1st 4....with BB at QB for 12 games this is what Wallace's numbers extrapolate to: 68 1395 10.6TDs

not saying he isn't talented or that I don't think he will do well..just that those really high YPC low catch type WRs can be risky (look at Braylon a few years ago for one example)...especially if people are going to draft it in the top 10 of the position...and I agree and hope you are right about sanders...and I could be wrong but wouldn't sanders be the type of WR to take more from Ward than Wallace?

I think Sanders takes away from both of them next year, as it is just another receiver getting looks. However, I truly believe that next year will be Hines' last.

I think Sanders takes away from both of them next year, as it is just another receiver getting looks. However, I truly believe that next year will be Hines' last.

I drafted Sanders and Brown in my CFL dynasty league so I got them all covered between the 2 leagues.

I can't wait until Ward retires!