[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Steve Smith injury update

Randall

Sigh of relief: Team relieved Smith's injury not serious

“He's day to day. He's not week-to-week or out for the season or anything like that.”

Smith suffered what Fox described as a “shoulder bruise” when he went down hard in the end zone during one-on-one drills. He was hit on the right shoulder by cornerback Chris Gamble prior to the fall, but said it was the contact with the ground that shook him up.

“It was when I hit that immovable object, the ground,” Smith said. “I felt it immediately. The good thing is, I thought it was broke, because it started hurting immediately. But it is not, so we'll be playing it by ear with Ryan (Vermillion, the head athletic trainer). The training staff is doing a good job with icing it to death and doing all the stuff that's necessary.”

Is it just me, or does this still scare anybody else? Maybe I'm being a retard because I owned Smith last year and he had a similar injury and went on to be fine. It just feels like I dodged a bullet once and I don't know if I want to stand up and try to do it again. :wacko:

Live by the sword, die by the sword. Smith plays with reckless abandon. That's what makes him great, that's also what gets him injured. Same thing with Boldin.

I am not really sure that is a valid statement...

2004 he broke his leg in his first game...from what I remember that was on a simple drag or crossing route and he was tackled in an awkward manner as he was going out of bounds

2006 he missed the 1st two games of the season due to 2 hammy injuries...not sure but dont think he got those from his reckless abandon play

2007 he missed 1 game and honestly I dont remember what that injury was from

2008 he missed 2 games due to suspension

so out of the games he has missed since 2004 maybe one tops was due to his style of play and that injury may not have even been from his style of play

Live by the sword, die by the sword. Smith plays with reckless abandon. That's what makes him great, that's also what gets him injured. Same thing with Boldin.

The Bob Sanders syndrome. It's a shame when a guy with that kind of talent and that kind of heart suffers because his body lets him down. Can you say Bo Jackson?

The Bob Sanders syndrome. It's a shame when a guy with that kind of talent and that kind of heart suffers because his body lets him down. Can you say Bo Jackson?

man you guys are really out their on your perception of Smitty

Is it just me, or does this still scare anybody else? Maybe I'm being a retard because I owned Smith last year and he had a similar injury and went on to be fine. It just feels like I dodged a bullet once and I don't know if I want to stand up and try to do it again. :wacko:

You're dodging bullets with most offensive players. :D