[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Davis, Rashied CHI WR

MrTed46

I am cleaning up my rosters (garbage) and I have him on my roster and I am looking at the CHI Depth chart and he is not even WR5? What happened to him? Not that he was great but he did put up some #s last season so I am curious.

I know this is irrelevant but just curious.

Bears' team site

Davis in behind Hester, second string WR at the Z. I'd also suspect that he'd be the 3rd WR in 3 wide sets right now. Unless Knox or Iglesias really steps up their game, I'd expect Davis to get some opportunity this season, and with Cutler in town and the way Davis seems to thrive in the red zone when given a chance, he could surprise a bit this year.

Bears' team site

Davis in behind Hester, second string WR at the Z. I'd also suspect that he'd be the 3rd WR in 3 wide sets right now. Unless Knox or Iglesias really steps up their game, I'd expect Davis to get some opportunity this season, and with Cutler in town and the way Davis seems to thrive in the red zone when given a chance, he could surprise a bit this year.

Thanks. I picked him up last year because his #s weren't horrible and I am not sold on Hester being a starting WR but I don't know enough about CHI and the offseason. I didn't see him on DMDs depth chart and assumed the worst.

There's some buzz about Aromashodu and Rideau going on right now, but they really have the feel of training camp feel-good stories. Both guys are taller than the other Bears' WRs, but Rideau has been in the league 3 years going into this year, has not caught a regular season pass in the NFL, and has been cut by teams 4 times already, including twice by CHI when they were a lot hungrier at WR than they are right now. Aromashodu has been assigned to practice squads twice and has been waived three times in his 2 years of league experience, and has amassed 7 catches for 96 yards in his career. Hard to get too excited about those guys and with the rookies there probably won't be room for them on the roster barring injury, despite some good press clippings in TC this year.

Not to steal MrTed's thread, but what about Earl Bennett? I'm looking for Chicago homers to give me an inside scoop on this guy and how he's looked in camp. He was Cutler's favorite WR at Vandy and I'm really hoping he can become that again in Chicago.

Buzz is that Bennett is the bright spot in camp, along with Rideau. Davis is a hold over, and a converted DB. Had some success last couple years in the red zone, but I think the Bears are looking for ways to promote their draft picks, Knox and Iglesias, past Davis, as Angelo wants to have his recend picks make the squad over mediocre holdovers. Davis hasn't been consistent, but comes up with an occasional TD when the Defense goes asleep on him. The guy is nothing special and I am down on his being gone by the second cut down if Knox, Igelesias and Rideau show anything in the first two exhibition games.

Not to steal MrTed's thread, but what about Earl Bennett? I'm looking for Chicago homers to give me an inside scoop on this guy and how he's looked in camp. He was Cutler's favorite WR at Vandy and I'm really hoping he can become that again in Chicago.

They played together for ONE season, so that is somewhat debatable. They certainly have a history, etc (Cutler threw for Bennett on his Pro Day) but it's a bit of a stretch to use the "he was his favorite receiver in college" logic since Bennett was a frosh when Cutler was a Sr.

They played together for ONE season, so that is somewhat debatable. They certainly have a history, etc (Cutler threw for Bennett on his Pro Day) but it's a bit of a stretch to use the "he was his favorite receiver in college" logic since Bennett was a frosh when Cutler was a Sr.

I thought it was 2. My bad. But it seemed Cutler had eyes for Bennett only in the few games I was able to see. Well, at Vandy Bennett probably WAS the only one Cutler had. :wacko: