[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Darren McFadden

Brentastic

Ok, I know last night was a preseason game. But I also recall him having a monster game last season before getting the dreaded turf toe the rest of the year. OAK is under the radar this year, has an improved O-line and McFadden was much hyped coming into the league last year.

Does anyone see McFadden as being a fantasy difference-maker this season. In other words, can he crack the top 10 (or 15) and be a nice surprise for those who take a risk on him? He's an interesting prospect this year and we all know that each year there are always a few RBs who catapult into the top 10 that most don't suspect.

I'd like to see some discussion on this explosive player and some evidence to support your opinions.

Does anyone see McFadden as being a fantasy difference-maker this season. In other words, can he crack the top 10 (or 15) and be a nice surprise for those who take a risk on him? He's an interesting prospect this year and we all know that each year there are always a few RBs who catapult into the top 10 that most don't suspect.

I'd like to see some discussion on this explosive player and some evidence to support your opinions.

He won't crack the top 15.

Or 20.

My full Raider Report is coming early next week... Was going to try to wait for two pre-season games, but by the sounds of it - many of you need it sooner rather than later.

In a nutshell, there is too much going on in that backfield right now for DMC to get the touches he would need to be top 20, and that's assuming he has the ability to be a top 20 back.

He won't crack the top 15.

Or 20.

My full Raider Report is coming early next week... Was going to try to wait for two pre-season games, but by the sounds of it - many of you need it sooner rather than later.

In a nutshell, there is too much going on in that backfield right now for DMC to get the touches he would need to be top 20, and that's assuming he has the ability to be a top 20 back.

Cool, looking forward to your report. I'm not in a big hurry, no drafts until later in the month. But I was thinking of him today and was curious what others have to say about him.

Cool, looking forward to your report. I'm not in a big hurry, no drafts until later in the month. But I was thinking of him today and was curious what others have to say about him.

My main local draft is next Sunday and I was debating about taking McFadden if he is available at the 4.9 spot. The idea was grab a couple upper tier WRs in rounds 2/3 and then hope I can get some RB2 production out of Mcfadden with an outside chance of upside. I'm not so sure he is going to be worth the spot. I'm considering just loading up on everything else and purposely neglecting the RB2 spot. I'd load up on projects/sleepers and hope someone comes through or that I can get some help off the WW. The raiders have an awesome week 15/16 schedule and that was my main draw. It'd be nice to have a home run hitter who would face DEN / CLE in the last two games of the FF year. But yea, I was planning on waiting for KP's report to see what he thought.

I think he is a top 20 RB, and could be top 15, if he gets the touches. With him, he is going to get yards in chunks, and several of those will go for TDs. I see him getting more receptions in this offense as well. But he may not get many or any goal line carries, which leave him outside the top 15 IMO. Felix Jones is getting alot of hype as well, and I think McFadden gets more touches than he does. Both have the same type of talent imo.

I love DMC this year and have him ranked as my 15th RB in PPR leagues. He should be a very solid #2 RB IMO.

ETA: And the best part is you can more than likely get him as a #3 RB which would be great!

Edited by irish

Top 5 potential if he stays healthy and they actually give him the ball instead of Fargas. He is that explosive. Did anybody see how quick he got to the second and third level last night? Preseason or not, if he gets a crease, he is by you. He'll never be a 3rd and 2 runner, but he is going to have plenty of 20+ yard runs in his career. He has as much upside as anybody in the NFL, let alone any 4th rounder.

I love DMC this year and have him ranked as my 15th RB in PPR leagues. He should be a very solid #2 RB IMO.

ETA: And the best part is you can more than likely get him as a #3 RB which would be great!

To me that's the deal right there. He has a ton of talent and has huge upside this year. I'm trying to get him at the end of round 5, we'll see if he lasts that long. Currently we are mid way through round 4 and so far no one has picked him up. Might change after last night. We'll see.

To me that's the deal right there. He has a ton of talent and has huge upside this year. I'm trying to get him at the end of round 5, we'll see if he lasts that long. Currently we are mid way through round 4 and so far no one has picked him up. Might change after last night. We'll see.

Mid 4th- early 5th is about where he'll be going depending on league size, espcially as he starts to pick up steam in preseason games, like last night. In 14+ team leagues DMC could go as early as the late 3rd round into the early 4th IMO. If DMC stays healthy, I have him exceeding 1,400 total yards (1,430), scoring 7 TDs and grabbing 52 receptions.

Top 5 potential if he stays healthy and they actually give him the ball instead of Fargas. He is that explosive. Did anybody see how quick he got to the second and third level last night? Preseason or not, if he gets a crease, he is by you. He'll never be a 3rd and 2 runner, but he is going to have plenty of 20+ yard runs in his career. He has as much upside as anybody in the NFL, let alone any 4th rounder.

Exactly, and I wouldn't want him to be for fear of him getting hurt. I'm more than happy with Bush/Fargas coming in and taking the brunt of that tough inside running and leaving all the explosive outside work for the guy who can really make something of it.

Exactly, and I wouldn't want him to be for fear of him getting hurt. I'm more than happy with Bush/Fargas coming in and taking the brunt of that tough inside running and leaving all the explosive outside work for the guy who can really make something of it.

ETA: Another guy who I was keeping my eye on and is worth mentioning here, who I think can really be a late round sleeper and outperform his ADP is Chaz Schilens. The guy's got great size and hands, can makes some nice plays and seems to really have built a nice rapport with Russell. I had him as a WR4 in 12 team leagues and that's a safe bet but he could slide up to be a WR3.

Edited by irish

ETA: Another guy who I was keeping my eye on and is worth mentioning here, who I think can really be a late round sleeper and outperform his ADP is Chaz Schilens. The guy's got great size and hands, can makes some nice plays and seems to really have built a nice rapport with Russell. I had him as a WR4 in 12 team leagues and that's a safe bet but he could slide up to be a WR3.

Who? I'll have to make a note of him and watch a little more preseason to see what he does.

I think he is a top 20 RB, and could be top 15, if he gets the touches.

Top 5 potential if he stays healthy and they actually give him the ball instead of Fargas.

Go for it guys, drink the Kool-Aid.

I'm not saying he isn't a talented guy. I AM saying that he is sharing carries with two other backs that Davis and Cable love. DMC is Al's boy - but Fargas was Al's boy first and has paid his dues - he'll continue to get 15+ touches a game.

And the biggest factor that all of you seem to be overlooking here, is that DMC plays for the OAKLAND RAIDERS.

Or have you all forgotten we have an absolutely horrendous offensive line, can barely keep our offense on the field and most importantly - play from behind almost every game? Sure we drafted a WR which should help the run game by stretching the defense, but not help that significantly.

McFadden is a #3 RB in PPR (lower in non-PPR) with upside. Do not draft him as your #2 RB.

Edited by kpholmes