[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

B Berrian Hurt?

Outshined

From the Strib Blog, don't know how serious:

Berrian taken off in cart

August 14th, 2009 – 7:06 PM by Judd Zulgad INDIANAPOLIS — Viking wide receiver Bernard Berrian was just taken off the field on a cart after appearing to injure his hamstring late in the first quarter. Berrian spent some time near the trainer’s table as the staff attended to him and finally was put on the cart.

No word on Berrian

August 14th, 2009 – 8:23 PM by Chip Scoggins

Wide receiver Bernard Berrian left the game in the first half with a leg injury.

Coach Brad Childress did not give any details during his halftime interview other than to say that Berrian would be on the sideline during the second half. That seems to suggest that it’s not a serious injury.

Judd will get more info after the game.

Berrian appears to hurt hamstring

By JUDD ZULGAD, Star Tribune

Last update: August 15, 2009 - 8:22 AM

INDIANAPOLIS — Wide receiver Bernard Berrian declined to comment as he left the Vikings locker room Friday night, but the way he was walking spoke volumes.

Berrian, who suffered what appeared to be an injury to his right hamstring while blocking on a run play in the first quarter, moved extremely gingerly as he made his way toward the team bus. Berrian later tweeted that "I'll be OK in due time," in response to questions from fans.

Vikings coach Brad Childress did not have an update on Berrian other than to say he will be evaluated today. "That's always tough," Vikings receiver Bobby Wade said of Berrian getting hurt. "You hate to see injuries in the preseason. I'm not even sure exactly what it was or the problem is, but all I know is he was limping and it looked pretty serious. I hope we get him back as soon as possible."

Given Berrian is known for his speed, a hamstring injury certainly has to be a serious concern. In his first season with the Vikings in 2008, Berrian led the team with 964 receiving yards and tied for the team lead with seven touchdowns.

Edited by Outshined