[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Den fans better hope Knowshawn is OROY

westvirginia

Looks like McGruber needs to trim back about half that playbook.

I don't think the playbook had anything to do with it. In 2 of the three interceptions they were just really bad throws. The 2nd int was into blanket coverage. If he plays like that, not only does he not deserve to start, but he doesn't deserve to be an NFL QB. I thought the team looked good overall except for QB. If I see the same play from Orton next week then I'm going to start to panic.

A bad defense hurts, but a bad QB absolutely kills you.

I don't think the playbook had anything to do with it. In 2 of the three interceptions they were just really bad throws. The 2nd int was into blanket coverage.

I agree. all of the picks were just horrible decisions and/or throws by orton. if you watched the whole half, there were two or three other horrible throws that deserved to be picks. had nothing to do with "complexity" or anything of the sort, it was just orton locking on to a receiver and either throwing to a guy who was perfectly covered anyway, or making a really bad throw. I mean, it was just your garden variety manurety quarterbacking, nothing more or less.

simms did look competent though. :wacko:

I don't think the playbook had anything to do with it. In 2 of the three interceptions they were just really bad throws. The 2nd int was into blanket coverage. If he plays like that, not only does he not deserve to start, but he doesn't deserve to be an NFL QB. I thought the team looked good overall except for QB. If I see the same play from Orton next week then I'm going to start to panic.

A bad defense hurts, but a bad QB absolutely kills you.

Not to mention the fact the guy can't looks his target off to save his life. When a QB looks in one direction for 4-5 seconds before he throws the ball, bad things happen.

Wait - that's not hte best part. I heard an interview with Orton after last Friday's game, and he said that he was getting advice from Brian Griese, who lives in Denver and is a good friend...

Seriously

:D

• 1 month later...
:wacko:

Let's not lose our perspective. Orton looked terrible in the controlled scrimmage last week, throwing a couple of picks, missing receivers, and looking pretty much like a deer in the headlights. Yesterday he threw 3 picks in one half while amassing a whopping 89 yds passing in what is supposed to be a state-of-the-art passing O.

If he doesn't make hugh improvements by preseason week 3, there is a very real possibility that he'll be holding the clipboard for Chris freakin' Simms. Let that sink in - he may be benched for Simms.

And :D at bringing Cutler into the equation for comaprison. Cutler is to Orton as Orton is to Drew Henson.

Yep. Crybaby Cutler sure did much better during his stay in Denver :D