[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Think twice before drafting Michael Turner

keggerz

After a low start, he's currently #7 right now in our BoTH league.

.1 point per yard, 1 point per reception, 6 pts per TD.

And it does appear the easier part of his schedule is ahead of him. I'd be surprised if his upward trend from the last few weeks doesn't continue going forward, especially if Ryan's passing continues to be a liability and they lean more and more on Turner. I'm sure they know he's on pace for 50+ less touches than last year, and likely can use him even more over the 2nd half of the season.

Updated WCOFF scoring has

1 MJD

2 Ray Rice

3 Chris Johnson

4 Adrian Peterson

5 Deangelo Williams

6 Joseph Addai

7 Michael Turner

8 Cedric Benson

9 Tim Hightower

10 Steven Jackson

Deangelo is another guy that started really slow and is kicking it into gear; much like last year.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1550/125/16 TDs is where I have Turner projected....

assuming 15 receptions to get those 125 yards.....this equates to about 278 fantasy points.

After Week 8:

720 yards, 156 attempts, 4.6 YPC 10 TDs

35 yards, 5 receptions

total: 755 yards, 10 TDs.

projected over 16 games: 322 touches, 1510 total yards, 20 TDs, 4.68 yards per touch, 10 receptions = 281 fantasy points

i_am_the_swammi :wacko:

Edited by i_am_the_swammi

assuming 15 receptions to get those 125 yards.....this equates to about 278 fantasy points.

i_am_the_swammi :wacko:

you do realize his nickname is "frying pan hands" around here, don't you?...

he has 5 receptions thus far which is one less than his entire season totals for 2008....

maybe he can get that 12 pack afterall?...or not...

Updated WCOFF scoring has

1 MJD

2 Ray Rice

3 Chris Johnson

4 Adrian Peterson

5 Deangelo Williams

6 Joseph Addai

7 Michael Turner

8 Cedric Benson

9 Tim Hightower

10 Steven Jackson

Deangelo is another guy that started really slow and is kicking it into gear; much like last year.

yeah, I landed Turner and then DeAngelo in the late 1st/early 2nd of the Huddle Ladder (Practice squad) :wacko: ...and even though these two should pan out rather well, it might be too little too late for my squad :D

he's not even on pace for 1000yds and 2 TD's :wacko: (Portis)....-considering he'll probaby miss his next game. -total bust.

Nobody move! -this is a hijacking :D

Hopefully Portis can get on a good team or the Redskins can become a good team before his talents are wasted beyond his prime.

Turner is what he is.

One week a stud, the next very poor. Feast or famine.

I am surprised that Ryan has been so inconsistent, trending more towards leaning on the run.

Also I am sure that injuries to Norwood (who was supposed to get more touches) and now Snelling, have contributed to Turner getting more opportunites than expected preseason.

Turner is what he is.

I am surprised that Ryan has been so inconsistent, trending more towards leaning on the run.

Also I am sure that injuries to Norwood (who was supposed to get more touches) and now Snelling, have contributed to Turner getting more opportunites than expected preseason.

His last 2 games

20 and 18 carries... :wacko:

Turner is what he is.

What?

He has TD's in every game except one.

That is feast or famine?

To me he is one of the most consistant RB's in the league.

What?

He has TD's in every game except one.

That is feast or famine?

To me he is one of the most consistant RB's in the league.

You are exactly right. I guess when I also see a 30 carry 1TD game for the 2nd or 3rd overall pick, I consider that a "bad" game.

he has shown that with more carries, his YPC also rises. His ability to get a TD almost every week is something EVERY Rb wishes he could have.

I withdraw my comments . . . .

fwiw, I am not ducking anything...just not worth the back and forth banter that some have a penchant for having threads locked and deleted from....that said I will be here at the end of the year no matter how good or bad turner does.

Edited by keggerz

You are exactly right. I guess when I also see a 30 carry 1TD game for the 2nd or 3rd overall pick, I consider that a "bad" game.

he has shown that with more carries, his YPC also rises. His ability to get a TD almost every week is something EVERY Rb wishes he could have.

I withdraw my comments . . . .

Props to this man for admitting he was wrong...Like me admitting to Jennings being a bust finally :wacko:

fwiw, I am not ducking anything...just not worth the back and forth banter that some have a penchant for having threads locked and deleted from....that said I will be here at the end of the year no matter how good or bad turner does.

Not trying to play the "I told you so" card...this just happened to a be a pretty decent preseason conversation, with lots of good info and opinions back and forth. I thought it might be cool to see, at the halfway point, just where everyone stood, and if opinions have changed.

I think the biggest thing people overvalued was his the strength of schedule. Many felt that with Turner facing some so-called "tough" defenses, his numbers would suffer. Seems those tough defenses (Carolina, for example) aren't so tough anymore, which has led to some solid production.

Those who felt his carries would be less were correct....on pace for around 320, which would be 50 carries less than last year....or about 3 touches less per game. But it looks like those that felt Gonzo would open things up were correct, too....his YPC is much better, and his TD production on an offense that keeps moving the ball is actually ahead of last year. Hard to put 8 men in the box...the linebackers have to respect the threat of Gonzales, and it appears they just can't pinch that line of scrimmage as tightly as they did last year.

Not trying to play the "I told you so" card...this just happened to a be a pretty decent preseason conversation, with lots of good info and opinions back and forth. I thought it might be cool to see, at the halfway point, just where everyone stood, and if opinions have changed.

I think the biggest thing people overvalued was his the strength of schedule. Many felt that with Turner facing some so-called "tough" defenses, his numbers would suffer. Seems those tough defenses (Carolina, for example) aren't so tough anymore, which has led to some solid production.

Those who felt his carries would be less were correct....on pace for around 320, which would be 50 carries less than last year....or about 3 touches less per game. But it looks like those that felt Gonzo would open things up were correct, too....his YPC is much better, and his TD production on an offense that keeps moving the ball is actually ahead of last year. Hard to put 8 men in the box...the linebackers have to respect the threat of Gonzales, and it appears they just can't pinch that line of scrimmage as tightly as they did last year.

you are not in the group I am speaking of...and normally I wouldnt have a problem looking at something at the midway point but at this point it is best if I stay out of the discussions and just wait til the year is complete....and I do still stand by my initial assessment...and will also say that I was wrong on the TD production so far

you are not in the group I am speaking of...and normally I wouldnt have a problem looking at something at the midway point but at this point it is best if I stay out of the discussions and just wait til the year is complete....and I do still stand by my initial assessment...and will also say that I was wrong on the TD production so far

you might be talking about me...just to name one of the few

I remember getting lynched for saying he could finish the year with a reception count in the teens....and the only reason I felt that way was the attention that White and Gonzales would get....which would result in a checkdown...

and we are only in week 10, I was never too high on Turner and hadn't planned on drafting him except for the fact that he was there at 1.09 in Huddle Ladder....he had one area to improve on and he hasn't even improved on it, he's just had more opportunity in the passing game..

you might be talking about me...just to name one of the few

I remember getting lynched for saying he could finish the year with a reception count in the teens....and the only reason I felt that way was the attention that White and Gonzales would get....which would result in a checkdown...

and we are only in week 10, I was never too high on Turner and hadn't planned on drafting him except for the fact that he was there at 1.09 in Huddle Ladder....he had one area to improve on and he hasn't even improved on it, he's just had more opportunity in the passing game..

no not you.