[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

MY COMFORT ZONE

nuke'em ttg

Marinated a pork loin with Teraki honey seseme for couple hours

Made creamy cucs 1st time ever.....had that creamy chit on the counter,cabinents,floor,vinegar bottle, everywhere.....make sure ya mix it in a MIXING Bowl :D not the one ya wanna sever it in

BBQ Beans on the stove with onions & Bacon

Grill was too hot but i finally got it low where i felt comfortable it wouldn't be tough...just kept rubbin butter on it

Everthing tasted great but there's no way i can handle a Company picnic the right way in 2 weeks :wacko:

Marinated a pork loin with Teraki honey seseme for couple hours

Made creamy cucs 1st time ever.....had that creamy chit on the counter,cabinents,floor,vinegar bottle, everywhere.....make sure ya mix it in a MIXING Bowl :D not the one ya wanna sever it in

BBQ Beans on the stove with onions & Bacon

Grill was too hot but i finally got it low where i felt comfortable it wouldn't be tough...just kept rubbin butter on it

Everthing tasted great but there's no way i can handle a Company picnic the right way in 2 weeks :wacko:

are you running the company picnic? we can help you if you are in charge.

are you running the company picnic? we can help you if you are in charge.

Seriously Nuke, let us know how we can help.

This just might be a first :2cents: yes i quit but I'm still in charge of the Company Picnic :D they said the only way i get out of it is if i come brack ta work :D i guess at the last Sales meeting the Manager offered up a golf outing and Restaurant and they shot it down....Really are a Fun group of people except 3 :D this will be interesting

Brack ta business...I'll take any advice i can get :D

Tale of The Tape

Gonna be at my place- brackyard (firepit goin) 16x22 Sunroom/ kitchen/dining were we'll prolly all be

around 25 people

Only reason I'm locked in is because i grilled Steaks one time for'em and they said they were the best they ever tasted but that was ony 10 people :wacko:

When i do things i go all out so a Theme wood be cool i assume ta go with the type of food....i can't handle that many steaks

Only request i got was for cheesy potatoes :2cents:

it's gotta be BBQ OUTSIDE Stuff BUT somethun i can handle and still possibly enjoy at the same time if thats possible :2cents:

:D Got a practice round set-up....Pork Loin & 1 Rack of Baby Backs

wood chips soakin and dry rub on.....just have ta control my heat & times and if this flys then just add more meat for the party which might also open the door for bigger grill :wacko:

:D Got a practice round set-up....Pork Loin & 1 Rack of Baby Backs

wood chips soakin and dry rub on.....just have ta control my heat & times and if this flys then just add more meat for the party which might also open the door for bigger grill :wacko:

If you go this route, I have a spicy bean recipe that will be a real nice compliment. Especially good if you can place the pan of beans beneath the pork and let them catch the drippings. Or you could go Georgia style and serve up a Brunswick Stew instead of the beans. This basically a BBQ version of a kitchen sink stew that always goes over well.

For pulled pork I figure 1/3 lb of meat for every person as a way to calculate how much you'll need. If you're doing ribs in addition, cut the pulled pork back to 1/4 lb per person. Plan on cutting the ribs into portions of two or three ribs and use them as an appetizer or side rather than a main dish. Then a couple of cold salads like potato or cole slaw and a dessert would round things out nicely.

If you post up what type of grill you'll be using we may be able to fine tune woods, rubs and techniques.

If you go this route, I have a spicy bean recipe that will be a real nice compliment. Especially good if you can place the pan of beans beneath the pork and let them catch the drippings. Or you could go Georgia style and serve up a Brunswick Stew instead of the beans. This basically a BBQ version of a kitchen sink stew that always goes over well.

For pulled pork I figure 1/3 lb of meat for every person as a way to calculate how much you'll need. If you're doing ribs in addition, cut the pulled pork back to 1/4 lb per person. Plan on cutting the ribs into portions of two or three ribs and use them as an appetizer or side rather than a main dish. Then a couple of cold salads like potato or cole slaw and a dessert would round things out nicely.

If you post up what type of grill you'll be using we may be able to fine tune woods, rubs and techniques.

this is a new way of thinkin about the ribs and i like it cause they take up so much room....the chopped pork sammiches & beans with potato saled should be the main and keep everybody happy.....i'm tryin get the warehose guys ta show up that would push it ta 35-40 people and i don't know if kids are invited or not but those little f'ers can have dogs if need be :D just talkin this out and that advice helped a ton kid....i just have a small weber propane ......HEY it's not cheatin if i do the chopped pork ahead of time and have in the oven is it :wacko: then just ribs on acouple grills

this is a new way of thinkin about the ribs and i like it cause they take up so much room....the chopped pork sammiches & beans with potato saled should be the main and keep everybody happy.....i'm tryin get the warehose guys ta show up that would push it ta 35-40 people and i don't know if kids are invited or not but those little f'ers can have dogs if need be :D just talkin this out and that advice helped a ton kid....i just have a small weber propane ......HEY it's not cheatin if i do the chopped pork ahead of time and have in the oven is it :wacko: then just ribs on acouple grills

I'm thinking you may want to do the pulled pork a day ahead of time and just warm it in a chafing dish (metal tray with a cover, uses sterno underneath to keep things warm), let them take what they want for a sandwich. Two 5 lb pork loins or two 8 lb pork butts SHOULD cover the full crew but its always better to have more. If you run out of food or serve small portions, people will bitch. Remember, if you cook too much pulled pork, it freezes really well.

Propane means that you'll have better temperature control, that's not a bad thing. What are you doing, two maybe three racks at a time? With baby backs you can get seven two rib portions (the last will have three) or five three rib portions out of it. That means that for 40 people you'll need eight racks of ribs. Using CD's foil method means a cooking time of 4 hours (quicker than mine), you'll do nothing but cook ribs all day. You'll either want to prep them ahead of time and use a chafing dish to warm them up or use an alternate cooking method or my favorite, convince the good woman that you need a big smoker. :D

:D Hickory smoke rollin out/ blue skies/ shade just hit the brackyard all i need is some :wacko: i'm alittle behind schedule on the 2-2-1 any problem with a higher heat for the 1st half hour :D

:D found an old Fiesta bowl The Luckeyes & Texas

Edited by nuke'em ttg

:D Hickory smoke rollin out/ blue skies/ shade just hit the brackyard all i need is some :wacko: i'm alittle behind schedule on the 2-2-1 any problem with a higher heat for the 1st half hour :D

:D found an old Fiesta bowl The Luckeyes & Texas

If you need to raise heat it's better to do it at the end than the beginning IMO.

:D Ribs sucked.....when i tried cuttin'em apart it was like cuttin through jelly plus they were burnt black and stuck to the foil on the bottom....don't know if it was just a really fatty slab or what but they went right in the garbage.....not even good enough ta throw in with the beans.....the Loin was great as usual better actually cause it was all white pork and none of the dark chit....Ribs and i just don't get along glad i practiced smokin'em on the grill now instead of later :wacko:

i didn't see much meat at all just a bunch of slippery chit and ya where it met the foil it was charred...no more ribs case closed :wacko:

i haven't seen anything like that. as far as the charring...... likely sauce went on and heat was too high (or meat wasn't monitored). i know KC, CD, and unta go longer with their sauce towards the end than i do, but i think they are using a lower heat than i am... i just use it as a quick glaze to finish over direct heat.

i haven't seen anything like that. as far as the charring...... likely sauce went on and heat was too high (or meat wasn't monitored). i know KC, CD, and unta go longer with their sauce towards the end than i do, but i think they are using a lower heat than i am... i just use it as a quick glaze to finish over direct heat.

I don't sauce at all, but you're right about CD and unta.

Nuke, do you know what temperature your grill was at for the cook? Did you use direct or indirect heat? Did you prep the ribs by pulling off the membrane on the bone side?

I don't sauce at all, but you're right about CD and unta.

Nuke, do you know what temperature your grill was at for the cook? Did you use direct or indirect heat? Did you prep the ribs by pulling off the membrane on the bone side?

not sure on temp.....the one on the grill doesn't work just had it on low as possible after a high start ta get the chips smokin

direct heat ...2 burner tubes with metal "A" frames over them

didn't pull off membrane

only time i've had luck w/ ribs is boiling then finish off real quick on the grill :wacko:

not sure on temp.....the one on the grill doesn't work just had it on low as possible after a high start ta get the chips smokin

direct heat ...2 burner tubes with metal "A" frames over them

didn't pull off membrane

only time i've had luck w/ ribs is boiling then finish off real quick on the grill :wacko:

I like indirect heat if at all possible. That means turning off one of the burners. It'll help keep the temperature lower as well.

On the bone side of the ribs, there is a very thin membrane that should be pulled off. If there isn't a piece big enough to grab onto, use a screwdriver against the bone to get it started. Grab it with a paper towel, it's slippery stuff and you won't be able to grip with your fingers, and pull. It should come off in a sheet.

I guess I should do up some ribs for the blog. I've been meaning to but I've got so many thing in the queue that I haven't gotten around to it.

• 2 weeks later...

anybody have a problem with this

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?...uct_id=10756112

i used ta like my old webber but the wife hated waiting so we went with webber gas....i've been watchin some BBQ videos and it gets Loins/shoulders/turkeys done.....definently like the hinged rack for adding charcoal/chips plus that ash collector is a must my last one was a mess with just the tray

now i guess my question since i haven't bought charcoal in 10 years what works best (some come w/ hickory?)

one of chimmney coal starters looks and i've been told are great ta have

i'm brack ta just doin Pork Loins...those shoulders/boston butts really made for greasy meat when i did it

Thoughts :wacko:

anybody have a problem with this

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?...uct_id=10756112

i used ta like my old webber but the wife hated waiting so we went with webber gas....i've been watchin some BBQ videos and it gets Loins/shoulders/turkeys done.....definently like the hinged rack for adding charcoal/chips plus that ash collector is a must my last one was a mess with just the tray

now i guess my question since i haven't bought charcoal in 10 years what works best (some come w/ hickory?)

one of chimmney coal starters looks and i've been told are great ta have

i'm brack ta just doin Pork Loins...those shoulders/boston butts really made for greasy meat when i did it

Thoughts :wacko:

That's the old standard. I wouldn't own anything else for a charcoal grill.

Edit to add: you are doing something wrong if your shoulders are coming out greasy.

Edited by Chief Dick