[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

MY COMFORT ZONE

nuke'em ttg

That's the old standard. I wouldn't own anything else for a charcoal grill.

Edit to add: you are doing something wrong if your shoulders are coming out greasy.

one video i watched the guy cut the fat off....i didn't do that, figured that was flavor :wacko:

I've never cut the fat off. Are you smoking them?

And when you do, you want to slow cook em at 225, 1 hour for every pound. Smoke em until the internal temp is 200

bottom line.... (smokin) on my gas grill was a joke....to small an area ta get any indirect goin....it's just a cluster and heat was my main problem...the vidoes have helped alot...seperatin coals/all on one side everybody does chit different but like ya say that 225 is always the staple and somethun i've never controled

anybody have a problem with this

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?...uct_id=10756112

i used ta like my old webber but the wife hated waiting so we went with webber gas....i've been watchin some BBQ videos and it gets Loins/shoulders/turkeys done.....definently like the hinged rack for adding charcoal/chips plus that ash collector is a must my last one was a mess with just the tray

now i guess my question since i haven't bought charcoal in 10 years what works best (some come w/ hickory?)

one of chimmney coal starters looks and i've been told are great ta have

i'm brack ta just doin Pork Loins...those shoulders/boston butts really made for greasy meat when i did it

Thoughts :wacko:

I'm openin' myself up for a blastin' here , but for you Nuke, I'll do it.

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=3342513

This is not the exact model I have, but I promise you, if you wanna do some ribs/butts or whatever from time to time and wanna do it easy....here ya go.

I'm openin' myself up for a blastin' here , but for you Nuke, I'll do it.

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=3342513

This is not the exact model I have, but I promise you, if you wanna do some ribs/butts or whatever from time to time and wanna do it easy....here ya go.

Ya they had that at Menards too....that's pretty dang cheap but i'm brack ta basics with this smokin so i put that fancy mofo on hold :wacko:

anybody have a problem with this

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?...uct_id=10756112

i used ta like my old webber but the wife hated waiting so we went with webber gas....i've been watchin some BBQ videos and it gets Loins/shoulders/turkeys done.....definently like the hinged rack for adding charcoal/chips plus that ash collector is a must my last one was a mess with just the tray

now i guess my question since i haven't bought charcoal in 10 years what works best (some come w/ hickory?)

one of chimmney coal starters looks and i've been told are great ta have

i'm brack ta just doin Pork Loins...those shoulders/boston butts really made for greasy meat when i did it

Thoughts :wacko:

The Weber Kettle, nothing better for charcoal.

Lump hardwood charcoal is best, stay away from briquettes if you can. A chimney starter is a must have, this way there is no petroleum taste in your food. I don't know why your butts/picnics are coming out greasy. Perhaps they aren't being let go long enough? The internal temperature of the meat will plateau at around 170 and you want to get up above this even if you're slicing it. If you're pulling it, then 195+ is where you need to be.

The hits keep on comin.......seems Psycho Bitch from Hell that is on bed rest/Maturnity has signed up for the picnic.....no one thought she'd do it but in true form ta make my life miserable she is pressing the issue.....needless ta say the Manager has pulled the plug on my place and moved it to a pubic park.....guess i needed a charcoal grill anyway

UPDATE

30 people have convienced me ta not let 1 can't understand normal thinking ruin the picnic so i'm brack ta smokin :D looks like rain fri/sat so i started right now.....

25 #'s pork loin

2- woodchip bags

1-apple juice pan below

1-apple juice pan up top

still can't figure how ta keep the temp down....CD saved me over the weekend by addin water tray....Do ya let the coals burn down more before ya throw the meat on....i have the top & bottom vents closed 7 the damn thing is creeoin betwee 300-325 :wacko:

UPDATE

30 people have convienced me ta not let 1 can't understand normal thinking ruin the picnic so i'm brack ta smokin :D looks like rain fri/sat so i started right now.....

25 #'s pork loin

2- woodchip bags

1-apple juice pan below

1-apple juice pan up top

still can't figure how ta keep the temp down....CD saved me over the weekend by addin water tray....Do ya let the coals burn down more before ya throw the meat on....i have the top & bottom vents closed 7 the damn thing is creeoin betwee 300-325 :wacko:

You need less coals then. I start with one chimney burning then 1 chimney poured on top. Then six pieces of charcoal or one stick of wood for every beer I drink.

UPDATE

25 #'s pork loin

2- woodchip bags

1-apple juice pan below

1-apple juice pan up top

What type of grill/smoker are you using this time?

Do you soak your wood chips?

My first thought is you are using too much damn charcoal.

soak the chips

1 chimey of coal

just don't smell that good hickory smell so i open the lid & coals are about gone after 2 hours.....so like an idiot i dump the alumn. bags of chips that haven't done chit right on the remainder of the coals and load a layer of new coals on top....smkokin like a mofo but smells like all carbon dioxide :wacko: ...let the air get to it so some flames get the coals burnin....spray everything with apple juice.....shut all vent down and now it smells like a normal BBQ....ya gotta be nuts ta do this chit sober :D

soak the chips

1 chimey of coal

just don't smell that good hickory smell so i open the lid & coals are about gone after 2 hours.....so like an idiot i dump the alumn. bags of chips that haven't done chit right on the remainder of the coals and load a layer of new coals on top....smkokin like a mofo but smells like all carbon dioxide :wacko: ...let the air get to it so some flames get the coals burnin....spray everything with apple juice.....shut all vent down and now it smells like a normal BBQ....ya gotta be nuts ta do this chit sober :D

Seriously, I want to film you doing this. We all need a good laugh.

Summary

flavor was great and everyone was chowin hard on it.....i brought Big Kaiser buns so everyone just had 1 from what i could tell....it was pulled pork, if i did it again i'd invest in a bigass cutting board and chop it......got leftovers and i chopped that and am droppin it off to the warehouse guys (only 1 showed, they hate sales people)

Oh Ya...Ended up with 36 people....the old (over 40) beat the punkass sales schleps in volleyball 25-21 :wacko:

Edited by nuke'em ttg