[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Custom Scoring?

redcans

Anyone else think the custom scoring options on this site are really limited? I can understand a free site catering only to the masses, but for a paid site there should certainly be more options added to the custom scoring page. Stats like fumbles lost, completions, distance scoring bonuses, rushing attempts, and points/yards are significant in a lot of leagues, and should be available options from which to choose.

Anyone else think the custom scoring options on this site are really limited? I can understand a free site catering only to the masses, but for a paid site there should certainly be more options added to the custom scoring page. Stats like fumbles lost, completions, distance scoring bonuses, rushing attempts, and points/yards are significant in a lot of leagues, and should be available options from which to choose.

Do you know of a site with these options?

I agree, but I also think that I can compile my own cheat sheet without the help of the customized scoring options. I use the cheat sheets for a list of players, but I do my own rankings based on my scoring system.

Would a list of scoring rules like this help?

1 Number of Passing TDs

2 Length of Passing TD

3 Passing Yards

4 Average Yards per Pass

5 Pass Attempts

6 Pass Completions

7 Pass Completion Percentage

8 Pass Incompletions

9 Pass Interceptions Thrown

10 Number of Interceptions Thrown Returned for a TD

11 Length of Interception Thrown Returned for a TD

12 QB Sacked

13 QB Sacked Yardage

14 Passer Rating

15 Long Passing Plays of 20+ Yards

16 Long Passing Plays of 30+ Yards

17 Long Passing Plays of 40+ Yards

18 Long Passing Plays of 50+ Yards

19 Passing 2 Pointers

20 Number of Rushing TDs

21 Length of Rushing TD

22 Rushing Yards

23 Average Yards per Rush

24 Rush Attempts

25 Long Rushing Plays of 20+ Yards

26 Long Rushing Plays of 40+ Yards

27 Rushing 2 Pointers

28 Number of Receiving TDs

29 Length of Receiving TD

30 Receiving Yards

31 Average Yards per Reception

32 Receptions

33 Targets

34 Long Receptions of 20+ Yards

35 Long Receptions of 40+ Yards

36 Receiving 2 Pointers

37 Rushing + Receiving Yards

38 Passing + Rushing Yards

39 Total Yards from Scrimmage

40 Total Yards

41 Total Touchdowns

42 Number of Field Goals Made

43 Length of Field Goal Made

44 Number of Field Goals Missed

45 Length of Missed Field Goal

46 Number of Field Goals Attempted

47 Field Goal Percentage

48 Field Goals Had Blocked

49 Extra Points

50 Extra Points Missed

51 Extra Points Attempted

52 Extra Point Percentage

53 Extra Points Had Blocked

54 Punts

55 Punt Yards

56 Average Yards per Punt

57 Punts Inside 20

58 Punts Had Blocked

59 Number of Punt Return TDs

60 Length of Punt Return TD

61 Punt Returns

62 Punt Return Yards

63 Average Yards per Punt Return

64 Long Punt Returns of 40+ Yards

65 Number of Kickoff Return TDs

66 Length of Kickoff Return TD

67 Kickoff Returns

68 Kickoff Return Yards

69 Average Yards per Kickoff Return

70 Long Kickoff Returns of 40+ Yards

71 Fumbles

72 Fumbles on Offense

73 Fumbles on Special Teams

74 Fumbles on Defense

75 Fumbles Lost (to Opponent)

76 Fumbles Lost on Offense

77 Fumbles Lost on Special Teams

78 Fumbles Lost on Defense

79 Number of Defensive Fumble Recovery TDs

80 Length of Defensive Fumble Recovery TD

81 Fumble Recoveries (from Opponent)

82 Opponent Fumble Recovery Yards

83 Number of Fumbles Lost Returned for a TD

84 Length of Lost Fumble Returned for a TD

85 Number of Offensive Fumble Recovery TDs

86 Length of Offensive Fumble Recovery TD

87 Number of Offensive Fumble Recoveries

88 Offensive Fumble Recovery Yardage

89 Forced Fumbles

90 Number of Interception Return TDs

91 Length of Interception Return TD

92 Interceptions Caught

93 Interception Return Yards

94 Passes Defensed

95 Number of Blocked Field Goal TDs

96 Length of Blocked Field Goal TD

97 Blocked Field Goals

98 Number of Missed Field Goal Return TDs

99 Length of Missed Field Goal Return TD

100 Number of Blocked Punt TDs

101 Length of Blocked Punt TD

102 Blocked Punts

103 Blocked Extra Points

104 Defensive Tackles

105 Defensive Assists

106 Tackles

107 Assists

108 Assists Divided by 2

109 Sacked a QB

110 Sacked a QB Yardage

111 Tackles for a Loss

112 Safeties

113 Total Points Allowed

114 Special Teams Points Against

115 Offensive Points Against

116 Total Net Yards Allowed

117 Total Net Yards Passing Allowed

118 Total Net Yards Rushing Allowed

119 Number of Special Teams TDs Allowed

120 Number of Offensive TDs Allowed

121 Number of Defensive TDs

122 Length of Defensive TD

123 Successful 2 Point Conversions

124 Failed 2 Point Conversions

125 Number of Defensive & Special Teams TDs

126 Length of Defensive/Special Teams TDs

127 Penalties

128 Penalty Yards

129 Time of Possession (in Minutes)

130 Total Points Scored

131 Point Differential

132 Offensive Points Only

133 First Downs

134 Passing First Downs

135 Rushing First Downs

136 Receiving First Downs

137 Penalty First Downs

138 Third Down Conversions

139 Third Downs Failed

140 Fourth Down Conversions

141 Fourth Downs Failed

142 Games Won

143 Games Lost

144 Games Tied

145 Average Passing Yards Allowed per Game

146 Passing Defense Rank

147 Average Rushing Yards Allowed per Game

148 Rushing Defense Rank

You can find them at mfl.com

Even better, you can find them at FFLM, set up a bogus league, and determine scores every year for every player all the way back to 1988, and then copy them into a spreadsheet and them use them to create your own customized value system using actual scores weighted any way you see fit and create a cheatsheet with up to 21 years worth of data.

Would a list of scoring rules like this help?

1 Number of Passing TDs

2 Length of Passing TD

3 Passing Yards

4 Average Yards per Pass

5 Pass Attempts

6 Pass Completions

7 Pass Completion Percentage

8 Pass Incompletions

9 Pass Interceptions Thrown

10 Number of Interceptions Thrown Returned for a TD

11 Length of Interception Thrown Returned for a TD

12 QB Sacked

13 QB Sacked Yardage

14 Passer Rating

15 Long Passing Plays of 20+ Yards

16 Long Passing Plays of 30+ Yards

17 Long Passing Plays of 40+ Yards

18 Long Passing Plays of 50+ Yards

19 Passing 2 Pointers

20 Number of Rushing TDs

21 Length of Rushing TD

22 Rushing Yards

23 Average Yards per Rush

24 Rush Attempts

25 Long Rushing Plays of 20+ Yards

26 Long Rushing Plays of 40+ Yards

27 Rushing 2 Pointers

28 Number of Receiving TDs

29 Length of Receiving TD

30 Receiving Yards

31 Average Yards per Reception

32 Receptions

33 Targets

34 Long Receptions of 20+ Yards

35 Long Receptions of 40+ Yards

36 Receiving 2 Pointers

37 Rushing + Receiving Yards

38 Passing + Rushing Yards

39 Total Yards from Scrimmage

40 Total Yards

41 Total Touchdowns

42 Number of Field Goals Made

43 Length of Field Goal Made

44 Number of Field Goals Missed

45 Length of Missed Field Goal

46 Number of Field Goals Attempted

47 Field Goal Percentage

48 Field Goals Had Blocked

49 Extra Points

50 Extra Points Missed

51 Extra Points Attempted

52 Extra Point Percentage

53 Extra Points Had Blocked

54 Punts

55 Punt Yards

56 Average Yards per Punt

57 Punts Inside 20

58 Punts Had Blocked

59 Number of Punt Return TDs

60 Length of Punt Return TD

61 Punt Returns

62 Punt Return Yards

63 Average Yards per Punt Return

64 Long Punt Returns of 40+ Yards

65 Number of Kickoff Return TDs

66 Length of Kickoff Return TD

67 Kickoff Returns

68 Kickoff Return Yards

69 Average Yards per Kickoff Return

70 Long Kickoff Returns of 40+ Yards

71 Fumbles

72 Fumbles on Offense

73 Fumbles on Special Teams

74 Fumbles on Defense

75 Fumbles Lost (to Opponent)

76 Fumbles Lost on Offense

77 Fumbles Lost on Special Teams

78 Fumbles Lost on Defense

79 Number of Defensive Fumble Recovery TDs

80 Length of Defensive Fumble Recovery TD

81 Fumble Recoveries (from Opponent)

82 Opponent Fumble Recovery Yards

83 Number of Fumbles Lost Returned for a TD

84 Length of Lost Fumble Returned for a TD

85 Number of Offensive Fumble Recovery TDs

86 Length of Offensive Fumble Recovery TD

87 Number of Offensive Fumble Recoveries

88 Offensive Fumble Recovery Yardage

89 Forced Fumbles

90 Number of Interception Return TDs

91 Length of Interception Return TD

92 Interceptions Caught

93 Interception Return Yards

94 Passes Defensed

95 Number of Blocked Field Goal TDs

96 Length of Blocked Field Goal TD

97 Blocked Field Goals

98 Number of Missed Field Goal Return TDs

99 Length of Missed Field Goal Return TD

100 Number of Blocked Punt TDs

101 Length of Blocked Punt TD

102 Blocked Punts

103 Blocked Extra Points

104 Defensive Tackles

105 Defensive Assists

106 Tackles

107 Assists

108 Assists Divided by 2

109 Sacked a QB

110 Sacked a QB Yardage

111 Tackles for a Loss

112 Safeties

113 Total Points Allowed

114 Special Teams Points Against

115 Offensive Points Against

116 Total Net Yards Allowed

117 Total Net Yards Passing Allowed

118 Total Net Yards Rushing Allowed

119 Number of Special Teams TDs Allowed

120 Number of Offensive TDs Allowed

121 Number of Defensive TDs

122 Length of Defensive TD

123 Successful 2 Point Conversions

124 Failed 2 Point Conversions

125 Number of Defensive & Special Teams TDs

126 Length of Defensive/Special Teams TDs

127 Penalties

128 Penalty Yards

129 Time of Possession (in Minutes)

130 Total Points Scored

131 Point Differential

132 Offensive Points Only

133 First Downs

134 Passing First Downs

135 Rushing First Downs

136 Receiving First Downs

137 Penalty First Downs

138 Third Down Conversions

139 Third Downs Failed

140 Fourth Down Conversions

141 Fourth Downs Failed

142 Games Won

143 Games Lost

144 Games Tied

145 Average Passing Yards Allowed per Game

146 Passing Defense Rank

147 Average Rushing Yards Allowed per Game

148 Rushing Defense Rank

You can find them at mfl.com

Even better, you can find them at FFLM, set up a bogus league, and determine scores every year for every player all the way back to 1988, and then copy them into a spreadsheet and them use them to create your own customized value system using actual scores weighted any way you see fit and create a cheatsheet with up to 21 years worth of data.

Bet your sorry you asked :wacko:

I agree, but I also think that I can compile my own cheat sheet without the help of the customized scoring options. I use the cheat sheets for a list of players, but I do my own rankings based on my scoring system.

At least for me, the point isn't whether I can do it myself or not, it's whether I should be able to do it on a website I pay for.

redcans,

You have to excuse these guys. They are all Huddle apologists and will defend this site to the bitter end. Make no mistake, I love the Huddle. They provide some very good information that you would be hard pressed to find anywhere else. That said, I agree that customised cheat sheets could be a bit more robust. At least long TD bonuses.

I am sure I will get flamed now but I think you have a valid point and I don't think that you should stand alone and get battered by insulting condecension. You pay for the site so you have a right to bring your concern to the table. I support your efforts and hope to see additional parameters to further customize my cheat sheet as a result.

redcans,

You have to excuse these guys. They are all Huddle apologists and will defend this site to the bitter end. Make no mistake, I love the Huddle. They provide some very good information that you would be hard pressed to find anywhere else. That said, I agree that customised cheat sheets could be a bit more robust. At least long TD bonuses.

I am sure I will get flamed now but I think you have a valid point and I don't think that you should stand alone and get battered by insulting condecension. You pay for the site so you have a right to bring your concern to the table. I support your efforts and hope to see additional parameters to further customize my cheat sheet as a result.

:wacko:

Yeah, and some people enjoy ripping a site when they pay only $25 and expect the site to do everything for them as well as be 100% correct on analysis an prognostication of events that have yet to occur.

People who are members here pay just over $1 a week for the season (preseason through FF playoffs), and think they are entitled to services way beyond that value - and then have the temerity to be angry when things don't turn out perfectly because those same people couldn't wipe their own arses apparently much less can't make a decision on their own when it comes to FF.

The information here is top notch - and I'll add through experience, one hell of a lot better than another much more prolific and boistrous site that actually misses or misinforms with injury information much moreso than here (and then you add that they are now posting f'n tweets as actual football news...).

It's not a matter of not being able to criticize the site. You do that here regularly and yet you are still allowed to continue to do so despite what effect it might have on potential customers. It's realizing how much you are paying the site and what you are getting back for that amount. To expect that kind of completely customizable material so that you don't have to make any decisions for yourself in FF is asking a bit much for that amount on top of all the other material you get here, don't you think?

At least long TD bonuses.

Addressing this one in particular, to do so would require DMD to attempt to predict the length of every single TD for the entirety of the NFL season. Not exactly a reasonable request.

However, even though it is obviously not my place to speak for the Huddle, because there are predictions on carries and completions, I would think that this is a more reasonable request.

Not sure what you meant by points/yards, but I can set up yardage scoring in the myHuddle setup to create the custom cheat sheet. Did you meant something different?

I agree with most of what you say Billy. Cheet sheets should be used as a template rather than a bible and you should form your own opinions. That said, I don't think that a paying member should be ripped for asking for another feature. The Huddle is cheap enough, certainly. If they weren't, they would lose a lot of business. Just because they stay competitive with their price does not mean that they should ignore the requests of their customer. Personally, I am not using The Huddle's cheat sheets at all this year because I do not agree with their rankings. I do think that their Ease of Schedule and other tools are invaluable for the cost, so that much I can agree with.

Edited by Scourge

I agree with most of what you say Billy. Cheet sheets should be used as a template rather than a bible and you should form your own opinions. That said, I don't think that a paying member should be ripped for asking for another feature. The Huddle is cheap enough, certainly. If they weren't, they would lose a lot of business. Just because they stay competitive with their price does not mean that they should ignore the requests of their customer. Personally, I am not using The Huddle's cheat sheets at all this year because I do not agree with their rankings. I do think that their Ease of Schedule and other tools are invaluable for the cost, so that much I can agree with.

:wacko: That's a fair comment.

I still have a difficult time understanding why people would want to play a game where others are making all the decisions for them. Where's the fun in that?

:wacko: That's a fair comment.

I still have a difficult time understanding why people would want to play a game where others are making all the decisions for them. Where's the fun in that?

Well, I have fun making decisions for others when there is no risk in it for me. That way I feel glory when it is right and hide behind the anonymity of the innernets when I am wrong.

redcans,

I'm not so sure that long tds can accurately be predicted. If some players have a greater tendency to break a long one more than another, how hard is it to pick that player from your list before another player. People are looking for perfect answers in a non-perfect world of the NFL.

Yes, I would love to know which player will break a 50 yard td run in week 8. I would also love to know what the stock market is going to do one week in advance for the rest of the year. Help me find a website with those answers.

:wacko:

Yeah, and some people enjoy ripping a site when they pay only $25 and expect the site to do everything for them as well as be 100% correct on analysis an prognostication of events that have yet to occur.

People who are members here pay just over $1 a week for the season (preseason through FF playoffs), and think they are entitled to services way beyond that value - and then have the temerity to be angry when things don't turn out perfectly because those same people couldn't wipe their own arses apparently much less can't make a decision on their own when it comes to FF.

The information here is top notch - and I'll add through experience, one hell of a lot better than another much more prolific and boistrous site that actually misses or misinforms with injury information much moreso than here (and then you add that they are now posting f'n tweets as actual football news...).

It's not a matter of not being able to criticize the site. You do that here regularly and yet you are still allowed to continue to do so despite what effect it might have on potential customers. It's realizing how much you are paying the site and what you are getting back for that amount. To expect that kind of completely customizable material so that you don't have to make any decisions for yourself in FF is asking a bit much for that amount on top of all the other material you get here, don't you think?

Wow, Bronco Billy, sounds like I struck quite a chord with you. It's actually somewhat amazing how personal you seem to have taken this whole thing. Please allow me to elaborate on my question/request.

First off, I fully recognize the value of this site. The in-seaon information is top notch, as I discovered in my 1st season using the site last year. Second, I don't take rankings/projections/cheat sheets as gospel nor do I make draft or lineup decisions based soley upon them. Rather, I use them as a starting point and tweak them based on the individual league and my own projections. And I've enjoyed quite a bit of success over the years. Thus, I don't expect a website to do everything for me, nor do I expect the information to be 100% correct.

My point was, if The Huddle is going to advertise "customized cheat sheets," as they do prominently on their "Why Join the Huddle?" page, they should deliver a bit more than they do. In all reality, the customized features offer nothing more than the boilerplate cheat sheets (PRR, performance, etc.). If they did not advertise these feature, I would have no problem. Nor do I think a significant expense would be incurred by including fumbles lost and DST points/yards allowed as additional stat criteria.

Let me ask you this: if you pride yourself so much on making your own decisions and not relying on others to do the work for you, why are you a member here? Why don't you just gather information from all the available print and internet media outlets?

My point was, if The Huddle is going to advertise "customized cheat sheets," as they do prominently on their "Why Join the Huddle?" page, they should deliver a bit more than they do. In all reality, the customized features offer nothing more than the boilerplate cheat sheets (PRR, performance, etc.). If they did not advertise these feature, I would have no problem. Nor do I think a significant expense would be incurred by including fumbles lost and DST points/yards allowed as additional stat criteria.

Actually, through the MyHuddle feature, you are customizing to YOUR scoring system as best as can be handled. PPR - is 1 point per reception for everyone, is it 0.5 per reception, is it varied by position? Their customizing app handles these nuances that most of the others out there that I have seen do not. Fumbles lost, sure, if it was a number the is included in the projections, then I would agree could probably be added as a feature.

The points/yards allowed feature would require making a prediction on the yards gained and score of every single game for the season. Not something that is likely to happen, nor is there any chance that such things could be predicted with an sense of confidence, just like the distance scoring.

...if The Huddle is going to advertise "customized cheat sheets," as they do prominently on their "Why Join the Huddle?" page, they should deliver a bit more than they do. In all reality, the customized features offer nothing more than the boilerplate cheat sheets (PRR, performance, etc.). If they did not advertise these feature, I would have no problem. Nor do I think a significant expense would be incurred by including fumbles lost and DST points/yards allowed as additional stat criteria.

I agree with this as well. I don't expect the customization to get to the level that BB had above (and most of what our leagues are) but I was expecting a few more categories when I first went into the new "myHuddle" application. Can I live with what is in there right now to help me with my planning? Of course I can, but a few more categories would have been a great bonus. Whatever categories DMD uses in doing his projections for players would certainly be acceptable. If he doesn't actual use completions, carries, etc and the current myHuddle has all the pieces he actually does use then that's fine too but I have a feeling he goes a bit deeper than that.

It is amazing that a feature that wasn't offered until a couple of weeks ago is being complained about. The Huddle would have been better off NOT offering this feature, thus keeping the whining to a minimum. Amazing...more features makes people complain...