[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Custom Scoring?

redcans

It is amazing that a feature that wasn't offered until a couple of weeks ago is being complained about. The Huddle would have been better off NOT offering this feature, thus keeping the whining to a minimum. Amazing...more features makes people complain...

http://www.videosift.com/video/Louie-CK-on...an-Oct-1st-2008

Specifically watch from the 2 minute mark on, but it's all great.

I think the point here is this: Customized cheat sheets were introduced last season. (Am I wrong? I think it was last season.) And they have been nicely improved upon for this season. I haven't played with it yet, but there has been the entire introduction of "myHuddle", which is a pretty big deal. As someone who has only been around for the last two seasons, Redcans, you need to understand that you have a place in history. The Huddle is constantly improving its offerings. Customized cheat sheets is one of those things, and they've done a very good job of it so far, going from nothing to what you have now in 2 seasons.

The next point is that I would imagine it's nice to get feedback from the users of your site. And I know from my time here that DMD and everyone behind the Huddle are also regulars on the forums, seeing what we the people have to say, and listening and responding as they see fit. I think if someone has a request for additional features they'd like to see, well, that benefits us all in the long run. And DMD and everyone else realize that it benefits them as well to offer what FFers want.

However, Redcans, you need to understand that there is a level of respect that you ought to show when requesting such things. The implied indignation of saying that "for a paid site there should certainly be more options added to the custom scoring page" is a little tough to listen to as a feature request, especially when you have no point of reference from before customized sheets at all. So if you think you're getting some resistance here, I just want you to understand that it's not blind support.

The business model of sites like the Huddle is such that they sell to a large niche audience at a low price. And at any niche site, as I said, feedback is always appreciated. But you need to realize that they're working very hard to satisfy a large number of people. One of those people is you. Ask for what you'd like, don't tell them they aren't doing what they should be.

Also, as far as fumbles lost goes, the career record for fumbles is Warren Moon with 161. He recovered 56 of those. Let's go ahead and assume that every fumble of his that he didn't personally recover was lost. That's 105 fumbles. Let's assume those occurred between '84 and '98 since he barely played in '99 and '00. So over the course of 14 years, the league leader in career fumbles lost no more than 7.5 fumbles per season. Do you have any leagues that cost you more than 2 points per fumble lost? If you pick the career leader in fumbles, on average, you'll lose no more than 15 points per season.