[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

J Stew?

Capt. Waffle

Well it goes deper than just TC, as if my memory serves me, he was not in the mix for OTA's or Summer School/Mini Camp, now TC has ended and very little action for J Stew, the Docs still say rest is needed. The truth from my eyes is, that while they rule out any structrual damage, the achilles does not seem to be getting any better????

Well it goes deper than just TC, as if my memory serves me, he was not in the mix for OTA's or Summer School/Mini Camp, now TC has ended and very little action for J Stew, the Docs still say rest is needed. The truth from my eyes is, that while they rule out any structrual damage, the achilles does not seem to be getting any better????

Too much nut hugging is what doomed Achilles as well.

I think Stewart will be fine and Fox is being very cautious with him in pre-season. Stewart has been with the team now a full year and knows the offiense Fox does not want to risk losing one of his important offensive players to a serious injury before the real bullets start flying.

Also, just as a little insight to my fellow Huddlers, should Stewart misses signficant time during the regular season Mike Goodson, the Panthers 4th round pick is making a name for himself at camp and has impressed not only the coaches by his teammates with his ability to make big plays. He would be worth a FA pickup should Stewart miss time.

I think Stewart will be fine and Fox is being very cautious with him in pre-season. Stewart has been with the team now a full year and knows the offiense Fox does not want to risk losing one of his important offensive players to a serious injury before the real bullets start flying.

Isn't there something to RBs missing TC, regardless of the reason? He may be fine and know the basic offense but it seems any RB that misses camp suffers all year. Thought I heard/read a RB talking about other Rbs that holdout and then struggle through the whole year. Like they never get into game shape in conditioning and contact or something.

Sorry for the vague reply, hoping to jar someones memory on the issue.

Edited by Qball86

Isn't there something to RBs missing TC regardless of the reason. He may be fine and know the basic offense but it seems any RB that misses camp suffers all year. Thought I heard/read a RB talking about other Rbs that holdout and then struggle through the whole year. Like they never get into game shape in conditioning and contact or something.

Sorry for the vague reply, hoping to jar someones memory on the issue.

I will admit that I always move hold outs down my list (and consequently bump up the value of associated players - in Stewart's case it would be Goodson since I don't expect DeAngelo's workload to go up significantly in Stewart's absence) once the hold out gets to a week long or longer, and the longer the hold out the further down my list they go. It doesn't matter whether it is a voluntary or involuntary hold out.

I don't have any concrete evidence, and it would most probably take some time to dredge up since I don't think you'd be able to easily secure a list of hold outs and the numbers of days of TC/PS missed, but I've seen enough and been around football enough to know without question that there is a condition known as "football shape", and that the condition improves as TC/PS moves forward. Hold outs just seem to be prone to either injuries - catastrophic or nagging - or surrendering touches to guys who step into the hole they vacate enough to affect their performance in the regular season. When the other players on the field are progressing up that "football shape" ladder and the hold out gets left behind, they always seem to be behind, whether it is speed, quickness, pain tolerance, whatever.

I can also say that this isn't an absolute, but it happens enough where risk to the hold out player's performance goes up. As risk to performance goes up, value drops.

My prime example this year - Kno-showin' Morano. He holds out for big money and misses critical camp time, and he lasts exactly 1 carry before he gets hurt. He gets removed after a couple more carries, and low & behold, he's out another 2 weeks. He now will be behind almost every D players trying to take his head off during the regular season by 4 to 5 weeks at least. I think I'll let someone else take the risk on him, thanks.

I will admit that I always move hold outs down my list (and consequently bump up the value of associated players - in Stewart's case it would be Goodson since I don't expect DeAngelo's workload to go up significantly in Stewart's absence) once the hold out gets to a week long or longer, and the longer the hold out the further down my list they go. It doesn't matter whether it is a voluntary or involuntary hold out.

I don't have any concrete evidence, and it would most probably take some time to dredge up since I don't think you'd be able to easily secure a list of hold outs and the numbers of days of TC/PS missed, but I've seen enough and been around football enough to know without question that there is a condition known as "football shape", and that the condition improves as TC/PS moves forward. Hold outs just seem to be prone to either injuries - catastrophic or nagging - or surrendering touches to guys who step into the hole they vacate enough to affect their performance in the regular season. When the other players on the field are progressing up that "football shape" ladder and the hold out gets left behind, they always seem to be behind, whether it is speed, quickness, pain tolerance, whatever.

I can also say that this isn't an absolute, but it happens enough where risk to the hold out player's performance goes up. As risk to performance goes up, value drops.

My prime example this year - Kno-showin' Morano. He holds out for big money and misses critical camp time, and he lasts exactly 1 carry before he gets hurt. He gets removed after a couple more carries, and low & behold, he's out another 2 weeks. He now will be behind almost every D players trying to take his head off during the regular season by 4 to 5 weeks at least. I think I'll let someone else take the risk on him, thanks.

exactly...this isn't something I normally talk about, I just naturally slide these players down because my feeling towards them starts to dwindle....

sometimes I'll snag one of these players, but usually they drop almost as much for me as players who are coming off big injuries...

Well, you can always read between the lines with Fox, he states, "The medical professionals say he should rest it, so were resting it." Plus, as I stated in the original post, it just isn't TC, this has virtually held him out of OTA's and Mini Camp as well. So, you put the pieces together, and they just don't know-period, so they will save him for the regular season and see if the achilles holds up. JStew is an official roll of the dice this season.