[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

ESPN Fantasy Advice

Qball86

Gotta love when the "pros" chime in. Two out of three on the panel are taking Turner over Peterson. The sane one at least said he can't believe they are even having the conversation.

God I'd love to be in his league. Change his nickname from Stink to Bye week.

Edited to remove a reference to Forte. I was momentarily blinded by Schlereths ineptness.

Edited by Qball86

EPSN Scoring

DeAngelo Williams, Car RB 274 1518 18 22 30 121 2 0 0 0 272 pts

Michael Turner, Atl RB 377 1699 17 6 9 41 0 0 2 0 265 pts

Adrian Peterson, Min RB 363 1760 10 21 39 125 0 0 4 0 233 pts

I don't play in ESPN leagues but the show is ESPN so using their scoring Peterson wasn't even close to either WIlliams or Turner.

So I can see why someone would take Turner over Peterson.

Turner is a TD machine.

I love the statement when people say "I wish I was in your league"

I have said that myself at times and it seems it always comes back to bite me when I say that.

Got to love that Peterson wasn't even close to the #1 player in scoring in any format last year.

Williams and Turner both above him.

So why should everyone pick Peterson #1 ?

Because everyone says you should ?

For me Peterson is the most likely to put up similar #'s year after year. That is why I took him #1 in MSHB.

Got to love that Peterson wasn't even close to the #1 player in scoring in any format last year.

Cause Peterson has the highest ceiling. He's playing behind one of the best O-lines in all of football, now has a HOF QB to keep defenses from stacking 8 in the box, and he's been working on his pass catching ability out of the backfield. Regardless of who people "say" you should take, I'd take him in a heartbeat if I had the #1 pick - ANY league format.

MJD in a PPR league has history on his side, but he's small and has never carried the full load. I personally have a bad feeling about MJD this year - no specific reason - JUST a gut feeling.

DWill has J Stew there to split carries with. While he may get 60/40 over Stewart, teams will be playing more men in the box. Put your best DB on Smith and cheat the safety his way - you've shut down the offense...

For me Peterson is the most likely to put up similar #'s year after year. That is why I took him #1 in MSHB.

Cmon now... You cant make any sense if Henry Muto says it. I mean, he is Henry Muto. HENRY MUTO!!!

Why try to use logic when it is clear AP wasnt near the top in any format? I mean, he cant possibly do any better this year can he?

Yeah Peterson is a no-brainer #1 since RBs putting up that many yds usually do it again the next year.

:wacko:

Or was it his amazing 10 whole TDs everyone is peeing their pants about? Or his known history of getting nicked up maybe? Or that 20 catches/year thing he's got going?

Yeah he gets a boost from Favre but not all that much - calling him a "no brainer" first pick and ripping on anyone who thinks otherwise is pretty stupid. This isn't LT or Faulk in their prime we're talking about. Not saying he isn't a great pick, but In PPR I'll take Forte first, thanks.

Edited by BeeR

I love the statement when people say "I wish I was in your league"

I have said that myself at times and it seems it always comes back to bite me when I say that.

yeah, it does me too. Murphy is a d!ck. ;)

Yeah Peterson is a no-brainer #1 since RBs putting up that many yds usually do it again the next year.

:rolleyes:

Or was it his amazing 10 whole TDs everyone is peeing their pants about? Or his known history of getting nicked up maybe? Or that 20 catches/year thing he's got going?

Yeah he gets a boost from Favre but not all that much - calling him a "no brainer" first pick and ripping on anyone who thinks otherwise is pretty stupid. This isn't LT or Faulk in their prime we're talking about. Not saying he isn't a great pick, but In PPR I'll take Forte first, thanks.

I'm not sure where you are going with your first line here? Are you saying last year has no influence on this years rankings? And I don't mind the criticism, really I don't, but you haven't made an argument for anyone, just against AP. Your argument can't be that Forte goes number 1 because AP doesn't. There has to be more to it than that so where is it?

anyway, I'll eat some crow, I was hungry anyhow...

Maybe I do need to re-think some things about this years draft. I have the #2 pick and so far everyone in the league has asked who I'm taking with "AP off the board", our draft hasn't started yet btw. AP seemed like a clear #1, but we don't count ppr and league scoring will have an obvious impact on who's #1. Now that I read these posts maybe I need to do more homework and re-think my rankings. Having the #2 pick in one league and #4 in my other, I looked at the top 4 and came up with AP, MJD, Forte and Turner. In a standard performance scoring league let me hear an argument for a different order. I'm open to other opinions.

Because other FFers understand concepts that you don't? Things like consistency, risk, and ability?

I'm not sure why you keep making condescending posts like this when you clearly have a difficult time understanding simple concepts. You stepped in it and continue to do so with S Jackson and now you've apparently decided to up the ante. If you spent more time listening and learning and less time running your cakehole you wouldn't draw such derision.

now has a HOF QB to keep defenses from stacking 8 in the box,

If you believe that Favre will prevent teams from putting 8 in the box, you're a fool. People know that Peterson is the monster that can beat them. Favre with the Berrian/Rice/Harvin wrecking crew have to prove it before teams will respect it.

He doesn't have to do as well. He could put up lesser numbers and still be a top RB.

Anyway you want FF stupidity from the TV morons, check NFL.com (I know, I can't believe I was browsing NFL.com either, what a joke - hey it's a lazy Sunday morning) ie the video of who not to draft. After impressing us with gems about how guys like Eli Manning and Cassell won't light it up, some yutz says avoid Peyton Manning because Harrison is gone and Manning "pointed a finger" at the organization earlier in the year.

"Michael Turner ran over some of the worst run defenses in the NFL last year. He rushed for 1,699 rushing yards and 17 touchdowns in 2009, but a good portion of his success came against five of the seven lowest-ranked run defenses in the league in Detroit, Oakland, Kansas City, St. Louis and Green Bay. Turner totaled 792 rushing yards and seven touchdowns against those teams. That's almost half of his production, and this year he doesn't face one run defense ranked in the bottom 10 based on last year's totals."

I have turner at 3-4 because there is no one else to put there really

AP

MJD

Forte/Turner

Edited by LayLow