[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

GB-Buffalo

Big John

Need Rodgers to stay healthy. Brohm looks terribls and Flynn just suffered a shoulder injury - extent unknown.

Early reports are not serious - Flynn says he will practice Monday and would have stayed in if it were a regular season game (sorry no linky).

It sure is looking like I'll be eating "humble pie" if this is the real Packers Team when the season starts. Raji is an animal. He spent a lot of time in the Buffalo backfield.

As per GB Offense-- they were clicking on all cylinders. The trio WR's and Finley looked totally awesome. ARodg better stay healthy, as the other two looked really bad. It would be cool if Sutton could make the roster. He seemed like a dynamo.

D/ST was dominant. Maybe I'll have to cut TT some slack if they continue to play this way.

They looked good as a "Team".

As for the GB fans who still hate Favre and hope he gets hurt....that is just dumb. Get over it. He's playing for a rival.

That would be like any one of you getting a divorce and then only your "ex" picking who you can now date.

Both sides were very wrong in how it was handled. If they, GB, were moving on, they should have just cut ties with him and let him go wherever. It didn't happen that way. Oh well. It should make for a good season.

Edited by Ed Hoyle

Both sides were very wrong in how it was handled. If they were moving on, they should have just cut ties with him and let him go wherever. It didn't happen that way. Oh well. It should make for a good season.

See, the bolded is where I think people just don't get it - yes, TT/MM obviously thought that Favre had his shot, and he had taken the team as far as he was able, and it WAS pretty f'in good, but he was no longer the guy to put a team over the top into the SB.

And fair enough; whatever Ted Thompson's faults, he's been GM for more NFL teams than all the Huddle members combined. But for one, getting something for a player that still has SOME value is good GMing; you don't give something away for free when you can get paid for it. Secondly, even though it's pretty apparent (to me, at least) that Rodgers is the better bet than Favre at this point, you don't let a player go to a team where he could conceivably come back to bite you in the ass.

And yeah, management f'ed up the PR aspect of the whole deal plenty. But PR aside, that doesn't really change my mind that they made a sensible and justifiable decision. And this is not even taking into consideration the whole "retired/unretired" issue hanging over things.

If they, GB, were moving on, they should have just cut ties with him and let him go wherever. It didn't happen that way. Oh well. It should make for a good season.

Why do people continually harp on this. Just because TT did not want Favre going to the Vikings DOES NOT mean that TT still thought Favre had what it takes or even that Favre was a good player. All it means is that he thought Favre may have been a little help to the Vikings. He may have thought Favre was better than Tavaris - that is not saying much. Why let Favre go to the Vikings when you have other choices? Makes no sense just like it makes no sense to say the Packers should have just cut ties.

I am thinking that the Vikings will not just cut ties with Jackson and let him go to the Packers - same reasoning.

Why do people continually harp on this. Just because TT did not want Favre going to the Vikings DOES NOT mean that TT still thought Favre had what it takes or even that Favre was a good player. All it means is that he thought Favre may have been a little help to the Vikings. He may have thought Favre was better than Tavaris - that is not saying much. Why let Favre go to the Vikings when you have other choices? Makes no sense just like it makes no sense to say the Packers should have just cut ties.

I am thinking that the Vikings will not just cut ties with Jackson and let him go to the Packers - same reasoning.

+1 Point taken.

As for the Vikings cutting TJax. IMHO that is dumb. He didn't look that bad this past game and offers mobility...something Favre doesn't have.

And, he didn't look bad at times last year. I think they should suck it up and keep the top 3. Oh well. That's why they get paid the big $$.

It should be an interesting season.

Edited by Ed Hoyle

I'm tempering my enthusiasm for the defence. The Bills may have the worst offensive line in the league, so the fact that GB dominated them isn't saying much. Unfortunately I haven't been able to see any Packers preseason games this year, so I don't know how they've looked in other games. But I'm not putting much stock in them beating up on the Bills.

I'm tempering my enthusiasm for the defence. The Bills may have the worst offensive line in the league, so the fact that GB dominated them isn't saying much. Unfortunately I haven't been able to see any Packers preseason games this year, so I don't know how they've looked in other games. But I'm not putting much stock in them beating up on the Bills.

The #1 (and #2) D crushed the Browns...same deal as the Bills.

The litmus test is how the D looks vs Arizona's O.