[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Troy Williamson

Crazysight

Later rounds he will 100% be drafted, but I think the topic meant earlier than expected to assure a roster spot on your team. I wouldn;t reach for him but like you say, if hes there later why not.

The spot I took him was in a 12 team non-idp dynasty with some pretty deep rosters. Essentially there were already 400 players on a roster. I feel pretty good taking him at what amounts to the 4th pick in the 34th round. :wacko:

There's a guy in Tampa I'm thinking of... Cowboys drafted him, Cleveland cut him...

There's also some Smith guy that did fairly well in JAX after Dallas was done with him.

Wasn't there a Carter dude that played his way out of Philly. Did alright in Minny if I'm thinking of the same guy.

Man, get this! There was this QB who was bagging freakin' groceries in Iowa. I'm sure he could never be a SB MVP, right?

I picked him up for my last roster spot in my dynasty league. He cost me $1. If he produces, great. He's certainly got the opprotunity with Walker hurt all the time, and playing opposite Holt can't hurt. Some guys just take a while to develop. And the Jax D isn't that great, so they won't be running 100 times a game. He's a long shot with good upside, which is what I want to take at the end of an auction instead of say, Randle El.

nobody's saying to target him in the middle rounds. IMO, when you're down to shots in the dark, why not take a shot at him?

Because he's already had opportunities and has proven to be a bust. I'd rather take a chance on a 2nd or 3rd year guy that is just now getting a real opportunity rather than someone who has had plenty of opportunities and always disappointed.

Because he's already had opportunities and has proven to be a bust. I'd rather take a chance on a 2nd or 3rd year guy that is just now getting a real opportunity rather than someone who has had plenty of opportunities and always disappointed.

Antonio Bryant says hi.

Antonio Bryant says hi.

Oh, you mean the Antonio Bryant who has been at least somewhat fantasy relevant during his career 7 year career (4 seasons over 700 yards), while Williamson has never produced more than 455 yards despite being the 7th pick in the 1st round? Is that the Antonio Bryant you speak of? Ok, well tell him I won't be drafting him this year either :wacko:

Oh, you mean the Antonio Bryant who has been at least somewhat fantasy relevant during his career 7 year career (4 seasons over 700 yards), while Williamson has never produced more than 455 yards despite being the 7th pick in the 1st round? Is that the Antonio Bryant you speak of? Ok, well tell him I won't be drafting him this year either :wacko:

Yep, he's the same guy. Williamson hasn't had 7 years yet though.

I'm not saying he'll be worth anything, but to say there's no chance he's worth a final draft pick is going overboard. We're not talking about the #3 RB behind two great starters. They've got nothing at WR, so he has a chance to do something. There's a good chance he'll fall flat on his face, but what else are you going to take at the end of a draft? A backup kicker?

Yep, he's the same guy. Williamson hasn't had 7 years yet though.

I'm not saying he'll be worth anything, but to say there's no chance he's worth a final draft pick is going overboard. We're not talking about the #3 RB behind two great starters. They've got nothing at WR, so he has a chance to do something. There's a good chance he'll fall flat on his face, but what else are you going to take at the end of a draft? A backup kicker?

Like I said, I'd rather take a flyer on a younger guy who hasn't spoiled several opportunities - an Early Bennett, a Brian Robiskie, a Manningham etc... (not that I'd necessarily draft any of them either, but I would draft them over Williamson). JAX doesn't even pass the ball very much - so there's no upside there either (like if he were on ARI for instance). I can think of many WRs I'd draft over Williamson in the final rounds. How about this, you can draft him but I'll be going in another direction :wacko:

Like I said, I'd rather take a flyer on a younger guy who hasn't spoiled several opportunities - an Early Bennett, a Brian Robiskie, a Manningham etc... (not that I'd necessarily draft any of them either, but I would draft them over Williamson). JAX doesn't even pass the ball very much - so there's no upside there either (like if he were on ARI for instance). I can think of many WRs I'd draft over Williamson in the final rounds. How about this, you can draft him but I'll be going in another direction :wacko:

Sounds good. I'll meet you at his HOF induction.

Williamson's problem has always been pretty simple...he hasn't been able to catch the ball. It hasn't been a lack of ability, just simply that he couldn't come down with it. So far, for whatever reason, he doesn't seem to be showing that problem. If for whatever reason he can at this point in his career show to have reliable hands, than he can turn things around. If not than he will be done before long.

Edited by Crazysight