[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

HIgh Stakes leagues

Henry Muto

So have any of you checked out the payouts of the big money leagues like WCFF, NFFC and others ?

For all of those who took fun in ripping me last year for being in a $1,000 entry contest (which I actually only paid $90 for) that payed out $6,000 to the winner and $3,500 to 2nd ($9,500 out of the $12,000) take a good look at the WCFF known as the biggest and best fantasy high stakes site plus some other ones.

Draft Masters WCFF - cost $1,000 payouts $5,000 for 1st, $2,500 for 2nd and $1,000 for 3rd / total = $8,500. (House keeps $3,500)

WCFF Platinum - cost $25,000 payouts $150,000 1st, $65,000 2nd, $25,000 3rd, $12,500 4th, $10,000 5th, $5,000 6th, $2500 7th

total = $270,000 (House keeps a whopping $30,000 to run this league)

WCFF main event 12 teams cost $1,750 entry plus they nick you for $150 events fee and god for bid you have a co manager because thats another $150 just to have him on your team.

So a min of $1,900 x 12 teams ($22,800) they pay out $10,000 for the league prizes. So you play all year need to beat 11 other people and you win $5,500 for 1st, 2nd pays $1,500 and 3rd pays $500. Also prizes of $1,250 for top record and $1,250 for most pts.

So to get $1,500 for coming in 2nd out of 12 teams after paying $1,900 is just nuts yet there will be 900+ people doing it again this year.

The WCFF does have an overall prize of $300,000 so that is where most of the other money goes but if you break it down they are only paying back approx $1.2 mill out of about 1.7 mill entered for the main event alone (approx 70% payback)

So house collects $500,000 not too shabby eh ?

So this is just what your going to have to pay if you want to play and compete for the big money.

What the hell is this guy talking about. What idiot would invest $1,000 just fo the chance to win $5,000. :wacko: In every league I'm in the first place winner gets at least 7-8 times his paid in money....and who the hell wants to play in a league where the house keeps 30% of the paid in fees? For real money payouts with not much risk go to AFFL or FFOC and test your skill.

What the hell is this guy talking about. What idiot would invest $1,000 just fo the chance to win $5,000. :wacko: In every league I'm in the first place winner gets at least 7-8 times his paid in money....and who the hell wants to play in a league where the house keeps 30% of the paid in fees? For real money payouts with not much risk go to AFFL or FFOC and test your skill.

I seen too many non-payment stories with AFFL.

You can't be serious FFOC ? Check out how much you win their for your league. Peanuts. You can pay

NEW! TIER 1 ($75 per team): The team must win its league to qualify for the Las Vegas Bracket.

NEW! TIER 2 ($150 per team): The team must finish 1st or 2nd in its league to qualify for the Las Vegas Bracket.

NEW! TIER 3 ($300 per team): The team must finish 1st through 6th in its league to qualify for the Las Vegas Bracket.

AND THE PRIZES FOR THIS ARE

1st place Tier 2 teams receive $180 cash and

1 free 2010 FFOC Tier 1 entry

1st place Tier 1 and Tier 3 teams receive

2 free 2010 FFOC entries*

So you paying $75 trying to win 2 free entries to next year if you get 1st and 2nd gets nada....excellent!

And don't tell me about the Million dollar overall 1st place prize.

What are your chances of making the overall money only 15 out of 10,000 people get there.

This league sucks for trying to win money.

And you must think a lot of high stake players are idiots then just ask how many people on the huddle play in the WCOFF. I bet a lot of them do because it is the #1 contest out there.

And your AFFL pays the same % at the $100 amount but I guess your not looking at that your only looking at 1st place. That is an all or nothing league.

Entry fee on AFFL $100 for 12 teams ($1200 prize pool) Pays back $960/$1200 = 80% ($240 to the house)

Sure 1st place gets the bulk at $740 but it sure sucks coming in 2nd place work all year to get $120 are you kidding me ?

Entry fee on AFFL $1,000 they are still paying out only $10,800 which is really good for online league but still all of it goes to 1st place almost. Still the house takes in $1,200 which is a heafty sum to run an online league.

Think before you speak sir.

Edited by Henry Muto