[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Which RBs do you think will have the most carries this year?

fstep

i would think jones drew would be at the very top of the list, with fred taylor gone, he's all they got on a primarily running team

am i missing something?

curious as to how many carries per game you think MJD will get.

curious as to how many carries per game you think MJD will get.

MJD is line for a breakout year. But, I don't think he'll get more than 15-20 carries per game. That may even be high. He's the only running weapon so teams can focus on stacking the line against him.

Now, if you count touches, then it could be higher. He's a good receiver and the main weapon on the team.

He's not frail by any means, but small in stature for RB's. He's never been asked to tote the load.

IMHO I think they limit the actual carries and get him more involved in the passing game. He can burn anyone in the open field if he gets moving.

Edited by Ed Hoyle

I'll throw Benson in there. Bengals under Lewis have used the primary RB around 80% of the carries. He stays healthy and the defense is improved, he could suprise.

Not sure Benson will last as the starter......lot of press about Barnard Scott getting playing time...

Not sure Benson will last as the starter......lot of press about Barnard Scott getting playing time...

like I said, Lewis leans heavy on his RB. If Benson can't hold off Scott, then so be it. From what I've read and seen, Benson has done everything to be given the starting spot. Lots of speculation on every rookie RB getting more carries from the vets.

Ryan Grant, Matt Forte, Kevin Smith. I think all four workhorses from the NFC North are in the top 6-8 for carries.

I agree with Grant but think Forte will lose about 25% (at a minimum) of his production this year with a passing QB. KSmith will probably have a break out year if Culpepper does decent but Grant I think will be outstanding this year. In order for Rogers to be more successful, they need to dedicate to the rush more and Grant, being his 3rd year is looking pretty good.