[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Peyton Hillis

No Quarter

He seems to be going undrafted in all the mocks I've seen. I know the running back situation is really crowded out there, but how do you keep this kid off the field? He is a heck of a football player and can do it all. I would be interested to hear what all you Bronco fans think. He sure helped me last year on that push for the pIayoffs before he got hurt. Just curious why he is so far under the radar.

I think McHoody's ego is way too large to expect any other player than Moreno to be allowed to put up decent numbers. Normally I'd love a player with Hillis' all-around ability late in FF drafts, but McHoody ignored a severely undertalented D-line with pick 1.12 to get Moreno, and he got worked over pretty good in the press for doing it. From what I have seen of this boy genius, his ego sueprcedes any common sense, meaning that he's going to go to Moreno to a fault to prove to everyone just what a genius he is.

That doesn't mean Moreno is going to have eye-popping numbers. From what I have seen so far, the blocking scheme being used in running plays by DEN is a far cry from the zone blocking/wait-for-daylight/1 cut scheme Shanahan used. Plus, DEN figures to be forced to throw a lot this coming year, figuring they will be playing from behind a lot.

I think McHoody's ego is way too large to expect any other player than Moreno to be allowed to put up decent numbers. Normally I'd love a player with Hillis' all-around ability late in FF drafts, but McHoody ignored a severely undertalented D-line with pick 1.12 to get Moreno, and he got worked over pretty good in the press for doing it. From what I have seen of this boy genius, his ego sueprcedes any common sense, meaning that he's going to go to Moreno to a fault to prove to everyone just what a genius he is.

That doesn't mean Moreno is going to have eye-popping numbers. From what I have seen so far, the blocking scheme being used in running plays by DEN is a far cry from the zone blocking/wait-for-daylight/1 cut scheme Shanahan used. Plus, DEN figures to be forced to throw a lot this coming year, figuring they will be playing from behind a lot.

You have to admit though, Mac daddy is nothing more than a young Bilichick and with that being said, all 42 RB's in the line up will be used.

In seriousness though, right now Hillis has probably the best hands on the team so I suspect Hillis will be used in allot of slot patterns which will also lead to him touching the ball in the back field more often that not....but.....it is a crab shoot with Mac Daddy!

Edit to add I say a young Bilichick, I mean is mind. He has a long way to prove he will ever be that good.

Edited by BearBroncos

You have to admit though, Mac daddy is nothing more than a young Bilichick and with that being said, all 42 RB's in the line up will be used.

In seriousness though, right now Hillis has probably the best hands on the team so I suspect Hillis will be used in allot of slot patterns which will also lead to him touching the ball in the back field more often that not....but.....it is a crab shoot with Mac Daddy!

Edit to add I say a young Bilichick, I mean is mind. He has a long way to prove he will ever be that good.

Why do you hate seafood?

In seriousness though, right now Hillis has probably the best hands on the team so I suspect Hillis will be used in allot of slot patterns which will also lead to him touching the ball in the back field more often that not....

That's kind of what I am thinking. And I agree they will be playing from behind quite a bit. Orton is going to need an outlet. Jordan has good hands too, but may have lost a step. Thanks for all your input.

I think Hillis is great, and I would have loved to have drafted him, but I just think that with Moreno, Buckhalter, and L Jordan in the mix he's going to be lucky to get 25% of the carries.

I hope McGruber proves me wrong and gives him game time because I thought he's looked really sharp in preseason.

All I see when I watch Hillis is a hard-nosed player who ALWAYS gets positive yardage. How do you keep a player like that off the field? Makes you wonder what the coaches see that we don't.

I agree. I haven't seen a player with such determination and leg strength in years. Given the chance, I think he could easily get 1500 yards for the Broncos this year. They have a great O-line again this year so they should optimize and take some pressure off Orton.