[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

3 Headed RBBC in Tampa

keggerz

Link

Running back Cadillac Williams, mounting a second straight comeback from serious knee surgery, will start at running back for the Bucs in their preseason game against the Dolphins Thursday night.

In announcing that news, coach Raheem Morris also revealed how he intends to use his running back rotation throughout the season. As will be the case on Thursday, Morris said the starter will get two series, followed by another back playing the next two series and a third getting a single series.

Asked if that would remain the case throughout the season, Morris replied, "if it works, that's what I'd like to do. I want to go into it with that thought."

This is why I won't be touching any of them in a draft. The idea that Derrick Ward is going from being a career backup to being anything near a primary back at the age of 29 is way more optimistic than I can be.

This is why I won't be touching any of them in a draft. The idea that Derrick Ward is going from being a career backup to being anything near a primary back at the age of 29 is way more optimistic than I can be.

I was hoping he'd put up reasonable RB2 numbers through getting most of the carries, but I guess I didn't see the Caddy coming to blindside me. Williams did look good last night and Ward looked pretty mediocre. That's what I get for getting greedy with WRs/TE in my main local. :wacko: Although there's always the chance that Caddy gets injured again :D.

I was hoping he'd put up reasonable RB2 numbers through getting most of the carries, but I guess I didn't see the Caddy coming to blindside me. Williams did look good last night and Ward looked pretty mediocre. That's what I get for getting greedy with WRs/TE in my main local. :wacko: Although it is a certainty that Caddy gets injured again :D.

C'mon people. The guy won't last 4 games.

I finally appreciate why you have consistently ranked Ward so low when people have been after him as this year's Turner.

If anything I think I might draft EG or Carnell in a later round (12-16) just because Ward looked so uninspired.

-Heroes

Edited by Company of Heroes

+1

I can't get any read at all on the RBs and the way they'll be utilized on this team, but I do think that despite TB saying they're going to run a lot, I also think that between playing catch up and seeing a lot of 8-in-the-box, they're going to be a throwing team whether they like it or not.

+1

I can't get any read at all on the RBs and the way they'll be utilized on this team, but I do think that despite TB saying they're going to run a lot, I also think that between playing catch up and seeing a lot of 8-in-the-box, they're going to be a throwing team whether they like it or not.

Cue Kellen Winslow

Carnell Williams generates the most buzz of any stiff that I can remember. Caddy this, and Caddy that.

In 2005, he had a decent year, (1200 yards, 6tds) although I believe that a large percentage of his numbers (like 40%) were put up in 3 games.

He had an extremely medicore year in 2006. (800 yards, 1 TD in 14 games)

2007 - 4 games - 200 yards rushing - torn patellar tendon

2008 - 6 games - 200 yards rushing - torn patella tendon.

Earnest Graham's 2007 season was better than Williams' best year.

So with Williams, you have one year (5 years ago) in which he put up #2 RB numbers. With 2 healthy, capable runners in the mix, I don't see why you would waste a pick on Williams.

I would take Graham over the other two if I am value based drafting

why? as far as Caddy goes he is going undrafted even in the deepest of drafts and if you watched and listened to the game last nite they said...Paraphrasing "Coach Morris wants Caddy as the starting RB"...so while Graham is a much better value than Ward he isnt near the VBD value of an undrafted player(especially if they are actually going to start...even if it is a 3 headed RBBC)

why? as far as Caddy goes he is going undrafted even in the deepest of drafts and if you watched and listened to the game last nite they said...Paraphrasing "Coach Morris wants Caddy as the starting RB"...so while Graham is a much better value than Ward he isnt near the VBD value of an undrafted player(especially if they are actually going to start...even if it is a 3 headed RBBC)

Was just going to post the same - Morris has stated he wants Caddy to start.