[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Ray Rice in PPR league....

LogDog

I like him alot this year......planning on reaching for him in the 6th rd of my 12 team, ppr league. I say reach because its a yahoo league which has him ranked at 128 and being that i have the 2nd pick....i would be taking him at the 71 spot.

I can still remember the hate and confused looks I got last year from the mcgayhee owner when I drafted him :wacko:

I don't know why he's not going even higher. The only FB they have is McClain, so if he's the goal-line back he'll be doing it out of one-back sets or with a TE blocking (neither TE is a great blocker). To me, that makes it even more likely Rice will be the goal-line back with McClain lead blocking.

People point to McGahee. He was brought in under the old coaching staff, and he really has never produced. He's 3 yards and a cloud of dust. I don't care about his attitude adjustment - I just don't think he's as talented as Rice. And the coaching staff has shown they'll go with teh guys that give them the best chance to win, not who's paid the most.

With the amount Baltimore runs the ball, Rice can put up huge numbers even in a split. DeAngelo Williams did ok for himself last year only getting 60% of the touches. I see Rice as a solid RB2 with RB1 upside, with a pretty good schedule against the run. Cam Cameron makes stars at RB's, and I think Rice is the next one.

I don't know why he's not going even higher. The only FB they have is McClain, so if he's the goal-line back he'll be doing it out of one-back sets or with a TE blocking (neither TE is a great blocker). To me, that makes it even more likely Rice will be the goal-line back with McClain lead blocking.

People point to McGahee. He was brought in under the old coaching staff, and he really has never produced. He's 3 yards and a cloud of dust. I don't care about his attitude adjustment - I just don't think he's as talented as Rice. And the coaching staff has shown they'll go with teh guys that give them the best chance to win, not who's paid the most.

With the amount Baltimore runs the ball, Rice can put up huge numbers even in a split. DeAngelo Williams did ok for himself last year only getting 60% of the touches. I see Rice as a solid RB2 with RB1 upside, with a pretty good schedule against the run. Cam Cameron makes stars at RB's, and I think Rice is the next one.

McGahee looks like the odd man out via trade or something in the offseason if Rice can even somewhat handle the load on top of being a factor in the passing game...

I used to love him until he started getting so much attention. Being able to nab a RB2 in rd 6 was great in that you could fill other slots and get a player who looked to be dependable in that spot.

Now that he's drawn enough attention, getting him in the 4th round doesn't seem like a bargain. In fact, I would guess that his production will justify the pick, but also that there will be little room for the upside that would make him a bargain and give a FFer a draft advantage.

I think you'll see Rice doing very well as the team is between the 20s on the field. He is a nice runner against base Ds and he catches the ball well out of the backfield. I think McGahee will take some touches in there as they utilize him to spell Rice and keep him fresh. Like McGahee or not, if he's on the roster and healthy he will get some work - just most probably not the bulk of it, so Rice is probably safe there.

My greatest concern is where the field starts to get compressed and Ds start to stack up. I can foresee BAL wanting to go to a heavier, more powerful option in those situations, even though they left Rice in at the goal line last game. He's still a small guy by NFL standards and sometimes power & mass mean a lot in certain portions of the field. McGahee is significantly bigger and paired with McClain in short yardage looks to be very effective against stacked Ds, especially since McClain can catch so well out of the backfield. My fear would be that now we could not only have McClain but also McGahee vulturing TDs from Rice.

I also have some concerns about Peerman lurking, since his all-around game is so similar to Rice's and he can provide an adequate breather for Rice while not having the O lose a thing. Those concerns are quite frankly slight at this point, but exist nonetheless.

In any case, it seems to me that there are just too many ways to see his opportunities limited, and it would behoove a HC to limit those opportunities given the length of the season and Rice's size, and that BAL definitely has designs on the post season.

I guess what I don't see from Rice - and I'll admit that I could be wrong since I have liked Rice a lot going back to his Rutgers days - is that he'll be able to outperform his ADP any longer. That makes him like a lot of other RBs instead of a bargain/outperformer who can really move a FF team into the upper echelon.

I don't think he's a huge bargain for where he's going these days, but I still think he has upside to outperform his ADP. McGahee has never bene a good short-yardage back, so I don't really care how much he weighs. McClain is a FB. Both guys will get some carries of course, but Rice looks to be the main guy. I don't see him getting pulled at the goal-line so his lead-blocker can carry the ball, or so that McGahee who can't move a pile will take over.

Rice will be spelled to keep him fresh, but for the amount they run the ball he'll still get plenty of touches. And Flacco has a big enough arm to keep defences honest. Look at the other RB's going around Rice and tell me who has more upside? I want safe with my RB1, but I want upside with my RB2.

Look at the other RB's going around Rice and tell me who has more upside? I want safe with my RB1, but I want upside with my RB2.

If he's going in the 5th/6th? Larry Johnson is the only guy I'd take over Rice.

If he's going in the 4th and it's ppr league? Bush and any of the sliders who make it through the 3rd round (Brown, Grant, K Smith Thomas).

If he's going in the 5th/6th? Larry Johnson is the only guy I'd take over Rice.

If he's going in the 4th and it's ppr league? Bush and any of the sliders who make it through the 3rd round (Brown, Grant, K Smith Thomas).

i agree if Grant, Smith, Thomas or Brown somehow slide, I take them over Rice. Not sure I'd take LJ though. It sounds like Charles will be taking plenty of touches (ala JJ Arrington last year), and that offensive line is a mess. KC is a team that will be throwing in the 4th, not running down the clock.

i agree if Grant, Smith, Thomas or Brown somehow slide, I take them over Rice. Not sure I'd take LJ though. It sounds like Charles will be taking plenty of touches (ala JJ Arrington last year), and that offensive line is a mess. KC is a team that will be throwing in the 4th, not running down the clock.

I'm not buying the Charles stealing touches line at all. I've watched this guy run for a long time now going back to the Big 12, and the guy he reminds me of - almost to a tee - is Tatum Bell. If KC is going to use him as gobbling up significant touches, their rushing game is going to put Cassel in a lot of bad situations. Charles is best used in moderation as a CoP.

Plus by all accounts LJ has found some real work ethic, has become a team guy, and is working hard (and well) without whining. I see LJ as having some very real RB1 production capability this year. He's done it in the past and he's not used up yet.

Edited by Bronco Billy

I'm not buying the Charles stealing touches line at all. I've watched this guy run for a long time now going back to the Big 12, and the guy he reminds me of - almost to a tee - is Tatum Bell. If KC is going to use him as gobbling up significant touches, their rushing game is going to put Cassel in a lot of bad situations. Charles is best used in moderation as a CoP.

Plus by all accounts LJ has found some real work ethic, has become a team guy, and is working hard (and well) without whining. I see LJ as having some very real RB1 production capability this year. He's done it in the past and he's not used up yet.

To each his own. With a RB2, I like the upside for him to be a RB1 with some risk. Do you see that upside with LJ and a horrible Chiefs team? I don't.

I've softened slightly recently, but there is still no way I'm buying Rice until the 7th. I just don't see the physical talent. I think he is going to have some bad, bad games. The kind of games where he gets washed right off the field. And compared to DeAngelo? Please.

To each his own. With a RB2, I like the upside for him to be a RB1 with some risk. Do you see that upside with LJ and a horrible Chiefs team? I don't.

Yeah, I do. LJ will never be the premier stud RB again, but a lower end RB1? Absolutely within his grasp, even with this KC team

I find myself agreeing with you a lot in the RB dept. as I tend to put a lot of my focus here....

but I don't see LJ as a viable option anymore due to the mediocre OL and now without Gonzales in there helping, I think he is nothing more than a tweener RB2 to a low end RB1 at best....

his work ethic may have picked up, but the OL is still not that good.....maybe they have improved, but I don't see anything special about the KC OL that would warrant LJ being a RB1 unless you're having bye week troubles.....

I've softened slightly recently, but there is still no way I'm buying Rice until the 7th. I just don't see the physical talent. I think he is going to have some bad, bad games. The kind of games where he gets washed right off the field. And compared to DeAngelo? Please.

I'd like to know why he couldn't pan out to be sort of like DeAngelo.....I mean he won't have the same effect on the ground, but a mixture of what he offers in the passing game combined with his abilities running the ball and he could have a very sneaky stud-like year.....

for one...the OL is becoming solidified in Baltimore once again.....

and not to mention the Baltimore D being what they are which gives the Ravens offense the ability to grind it out even with Rice and McGahee sharing the load.....Rice can take a dump-off and make a big play out of it...

I'd like to know why he couldn't pan out to be sort of like DeAngelo.....I mean he won't have the same effect on the ground, but a mixture of what he offers in the passing game combined with his abilities running the ball and he could have a very sneaky stud-like year.....

for one...the OL is becoming solidified in Baltimore once again.....

and not to mention the Baltimore D being what they are which gives the Ravens offense the ability to grind it out even with Rice and McGahee sharing the load.....Rice can take a dump-off and make a big play out of it...

I don't see it. DeAngelo always has had the "it" factor - the stud ability. All he needed was a chance to get enough opportunity. It was like waiting for Holmes to break out until he finally went to KC.

I just don't see Rice as having the "it" factor. And I really do like his ability - always have. I just can't see him hitting the big time with the way he runs. He'd have to land in a STL "greatest show on turf" type O to have a shot at it.

Edited by Bronco Billy

I don't see it. DeAngelo always has had the "it" factor - the stud ability. All he needed was a chance to get enough opportunity. It was like waiting for Holmes to break out until he finally went to KC.

I just don't see Rice as having the "it" factor. And I really do like his ability - always have. I just can't see him hitting the big time with the way he runs. He'd havde to land in a STL "greatest show on turf" type O to have a shot at it.

:wacko: Stewart

I just don't see Rice as having the "it" factor. And I really do like his ability - always have. I just can't see him hitting the big time with the way he runs. He'd have to land in a STL "greatest show on turf" type O to have a shot at it.

see...I disagree....I have always thought he was a Westbrook type of back...hopefully, minus the injuries here and there...plus the team that he is on might end up relying on him for the big play....

see...I disagree....I have always thought he was a Westbrook type of back...hopefully, minus the injuries here and there...plus the team that he is on might end up relying on him for the big play....

Well, I hope that I'm wrong and you're right. I really like the kid and he's got a good head and a good heart.

We'll watch it play out and stick a few barbs in each other as the season progresses, GB

Well, I hope that I'm wrong and you're right. I really like the kid and he's got a good head and a good heart.

We'll watch it play out and stick a few barbs in each other as the season progresses, GB

definitely...and McGahee being in great shape right now won't help him much, but Rice has been drafted in this regime....so he's going to at least have that advantage if he produces well...

we shall see aha