[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

What's the knock on Marshawn Lynch?

CardinalEmpire.com

Early, yes. But I don't mind reaching a little for a guy who I think is going to jump out and become a Top 15 back (Ray Rice). Especially since there's a good chance Rice won't be there at pick 59 (based on his ascension so far). The alternative is you telling me I can choose players who won't even be there for the taking. As I said, if the guys you listed fall there, it's a no-brainer. But I don't buy that those guys are going to fall from early 30's all the way to the 39th pick. With that premise, I'll take a guy like Rice over a TE (I think there is value late this year), a 3rd WR (like OchoCinco or Roy Williams), or a QB (I think I can get Romo on the turn in R5 and then grab Hasselbeck really late as a backup).

:shakinghead: Knock yourself out, junior. I surrender.

Here are ADP rankings from mfl.com from after August 15th (meaning most probably real drafts instead of mock drafts):

Here is a link to the draft where I took Lynch at 4.11

I welcome critique, of course minus any name dropping for players yet to be selected.

I have gone back and looked at the selections following Lynch several times, and I still can't bring myself to regret the pick. What might you have wanted to see happen differently?

Lynch in the 4th is ludicrous especially when considering that Cardinal took him there in a 10-teamer (mock). Lynch is one of those RBs that I don't even look at until he becomes such a great value, that he stands out and you just have to take him- 6th round or so seems about that point.

:wacko:

I guess you have me there.

Well played.

:D

Opinions vary. Some see this guy as the real deal and will exceed his 4th round selection. I just can't see that given the risks involved with him (which we already have posted and debated) and that he'll miss at a minimum 25% of a regular FF season, and most probably won't be full speed immediately afterwards.

Wouldn't you drop someone down your list if you knew that they would have an injury that would force them to miss 25% of the season?

How can you get 4th round value out of this guy?

:wacko:

Opinions vary. Some see this guy as the real deal and will exceed his 4th round selection. I just can't see that given the risks involved with him (which we already have posted and debated) and that he'll miss at a minimum 25% of a regular FF season, and most probably won't be full speed immediately afterwards.

Wouldn't you drop someone down your list if you knew that they would have an injury that would force them to miss 25% of the season?

How can you get 4th round value out of this guy?

IMO it's a risk that really depends on if you can shore up Fred Jackson and/or D Rhodes. If you do that then you make it out of the gates fine and are looking at a nice RB tandem headin down the road to the playoffs.

Give my particular circumstances and the person picking right after me on the turn, I felt like Lynch would be gone at my next pick, and that I could get a very good 3rd receiver. The TEs I would have taken that high were all gone as were the QBs. I wasn't taking a PK or DST at that point, so that left me with the choice of RB.

IMO, any RB taken since has at least as much risk as Lynch. I mentioned several of them before. There are no "Sure Thing" RBs taken that late. I also think I have a fair feel for this scoring and the roll of the draft.

I am just not seeing what would have improved where I stand now by any significant margin, and you really aren't offering up much other than conquesting against Lynch as a selection there. I am sure you don;t neeed me to get into the concepts of building a team and the flow of the draft and all that, so the question remains: Considering what I managed to draft (which was almost identical to what I planned when I selected lynch, save swapping out Brandon Marshall for Thomas Jones), what different direction would have changed my team in a significantly positive way in your eyes?